Destiny (Bungie's new title)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Of course it will be paid DLC. It will be no different than the expansions that get released for WoW. I doubt they'll be as big or as expensive though.

I thought I had preordered this ages ago but it turned out I hadn't so I went in today and preordered the limited edition. The ghost edition is cool but I just can't bring myself to buy the big collection things anymore. My Halo 3 master chief is in its box in the basement, and my mortal kombat bookends are collecting dust on a shelf. I'm happy with a book of stuff or whatnot.

i tried to get my pre order changed to the ghost edition but they were sold out. fortunately the limited edition has the steelbook too and its all i really care about having so im happy with pre order of limited edition

I got the ghost edition. I'm not normally one to go for game special editions. But this game feels special, it has really impressed me and captured my imagination while playing the Alpha.

Seems like it's at the edge of something new.

Thinking I might get the Ghost Edition. Not cheap though at £149.99

Would also come with a Pre-Order bonus:
widget_sparrow.jpg

I was going to get the Ghost Edition at Best Buy since I save 20% on new games with Gamer's Club Unlocked. I missed the 4 hours it was available there, so I settled for the Limited Edition. I'm not sure how much I really want the Ghost replica anyway.

Yeah, I preordered both, but for $50 more, not sure about the ghost one either. I 'assume' its made out of plastic? Metal would be sweet. Gonna decide in the weeks leading up to release which to keep

The voice of the score keeper sounds like Terrence Stamp/Gen. Zod to me.
"The loser will kneel before Zod"

Yeah, I preordered both, but for $50 more, not sure about the ghost one either. I 'assume' its made out of plastic? Metal would be sweet. Gonna decide in the weeks leading up to release which to keep
I would be surprised if it's not plastic. I would have ordered if I hadn't missed out, but for me I doubt it'll be worth the extra $50. I have so many extras from video game collector's editions that I can't display them all. Now that I've started collecting statues, space is becoming more valuable. I'm having to become more selective on what I order.

SOURCE - IGN

Destiny / 14 Jul 2014
IGN Live Presents: Destiny Beta World Premiere — IGN First
See the beta live before you can play it.
The IGN First Game for July is...Destiny
By Ryan McCaffrey

Join IGN and Bungie live this Wednesday from 11am-1pm PT (that's 2pm-5pm ET and 7pm-9pm GMT) for the world premiere of the Destiny beta – 24 hours before you get to jump in and play it yourself. Bungie community manager DeeJ will be playing with us as we show you around the Cosmodrome, the story missions, the Tower, Crucible PvP multiplayer, and more!

SOURCE - IGN

Destiny / 14 Jul 2014
Destiny’s Companion App is Actually Useful — IGN First
A few reasons why you’ll want to use Bungie’s second screen.
By Marty Sliva

When the Destiny beta launches, your experience in Bungie’s massive universe is also going to exist outside the confines of your television in the form of Destiny’s companion app. What’s even more surprising is that the iOS, Android, and web application is actually useful.

One of the focuses of the companion app is to highlight your character and progression throughout the game, and really celebrate the growth of your Guardian. The app features fully-realized 3D models of each one of your characters, which will change in real time as you equip them with new weapons and armor. What’s even more interesting is that the changes you make to your character in the app are instantly reflected on your character in the actual game itself.

Given the RPG nature of Destiny, the app is there to help you keep track of all of the statistics, progression, missions, and bounties of your characters. You can thumb through your inventory, check out which vendors are currently occupying the Tower, and explore Destiny’s lore through the Grimoire. Throughout Destiny, you’ll unlock cards that delve a bit deeper into characters, locations, and events from Bungie’s universe. The Grimoire is your gateway into fully unraveling Destiny’s world and story.

The free app is going to be available on iOS, Android, and web when the beta hits, and you’ll be able to use it the PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, and Xbox One versions of the game. One thing to note is that during the beta, the iOS version of the app will only be available on iPhones. By launch, players will be able to use a larger iPad version of the companion. Bungie says that a Windows Phone version is not planned.

Why the heck is the companion app not available for the Vita? Sony is always wanting to keep that thing relevant, and I need an excuse to get mine out of the closet!

I will have an extra code for the Beta ( EUROPE CODE). I will post the psn code in this thread. No reservations for anyone. First come,first served. It will be on 17th , but i don't know the exact time i will be posting.

Back