Delorean 1 vs delorean 2 vs delorean 3, which will you buy?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First one for me without a doubt. I love the second movie as well, but the first Back to the Future is one of these rare cases of a perfect script with not a single minute of screen time wasted.

Besides, the most iconic scenes where the car is the protagonist and truly shines (reveal/test travel/chase and lightning strike) all come from the first movie.

Is the market really that / this big to mass produce 3 versions of the Delorean???

The car is huge and expensive albeit unique to BTTF collectors....only. The first version is really cool....but I figure Hot Toys will dilute the uniqueness of the very special vehicle by potentially producing too many variants.

Is the market really that / this big to mass produce 3 versions of the Delorean???

The car is huge and expensive albeit unique to BTTF collectors....only. The first version is really cool....but I figure Hot Toys will dilute the uniqueness of the very special vehicle by potentially producing too many variants.

I think it will cost hot toys next to nothing to produce all three version since minimum modification. Just a different Mcfly, from Calvin Klein to Clint Eastwood .. ��

Actually they were better of giving mod kits as add on (that would mean 100 % target audience sale for delorean and additions as mod kits for version 2 n 3 / That way people will jump in more with the possibility of having all 3 options! I know each delorean is a different but a middle ground could have been found with add on elements!
I don't see anyone buying all 3 and most won't buy even 2 out of 3!

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/.../137019-leon-911-partial-collection-40-a.html

Actually they were better of giving mod kits as add on (that would mean 100 % target audience sale for delorean and additions as mod kits for version 2 n 3 / That way people will jump in more with the possibility of having all 3 options! I know each delorean is a different but a middle ground could have been found with add on elements!
I don't see anyone buying all 3 and most won't buy even 2 out of 3!

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/.../137019-leon-911-partial-collection-40-a.html

TOTALLY AGREE :yess::yess::yess:……the cost of the modification kits would be next to nothing compared to producing hundreds/ thousands of the 3 different (non-changeable) variants, which may sit on the shelves.:slap:slap

Hot Toys are you listening??? :lecture:lecture:lecture

More people would buy AND be totally satisfied :clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

I personally don't see them doing anything from BTTF III. After this second DeLorean and Marty, all they need is a Doc and that would round it off nicely.

I think HT need to be careful with producing multiple products from some of these older franchises. Look at the RoboCop figures still sitting in stock. That BD/Murphy is set is brilliant and yet they'll be sitting around for ages waiting for heavy discounts.

The ex Marty might have sold out, but the I see the regular figure in stock everywhere still and the sheer size and cost of the DeLorean will keep many collectors away from that one.

^^^ I think it would be very unfair to compare bttf to robocop!
Robocop while a great Movie is not everyone's class!
Bttf commands such a respect that probably the first time ever a 1:6 figure made it to national television!
Also robocop 2 and 3 - wow stack the whole robocop value chain against bttf 123!
I mean - there is just no comparison!
Long story short no trilogy comes as close to Bttf franchise! Even Star Wars OT (something legendary) will have a neck to neck fight with Bttf!

Also - I think ht does overproduce these days (again for obvious reasons)

Back