Death of wolverine ?!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So he is now a permanent and everlasting statue?! At least they can use him as a decorative piece around the X mansion :dunno

Well basically the lab that created him have been running terrible experiments etc on people for many years and as a final FU Logan unsheathes the claws slicing open a container of hot adamantium which was about to be used on said patients. The contents falls on top of him and he continues to hunt the Doctor who did all this (that's gotta hurt right?! walking around covered in molten adamantium) He offs him and stumbles outside into the hot Nevada dessert says 'Enough' and falls to his knees becoming a solid piece of adamantium.

(The epilogue shows him being shipped to China for painting)

death-of-wolverine-01.jpg

LOL I actually picked up the comic because of the nice shiny cover, checked the ending and placed it back on the shelf. Disaster averted.....phew

Though I couldn't care less about the comic story here, Alex Ross did a variant cover that was made into a poster, and I think it's one of the best pieces of Wolverine artwork I've ever seen. It's got his best look (brown!), him with the best X-team of them all IMO (the Claremont/Cockrum/Byrne team), and a shot of his first appearance against Hulk. I ordered the poster last night.

0hCWrHS.jpg

I'm with you on the brown, that's the costume style I like to collect. Love that poster, except for Ross adding the maple leaves to remind us Logan's Canadian. :D ;)

Geez, you said it kara. 1st appearance + best costume + best team + Alex Ross. Damn, I don't know that I can imagine a piece of Wolverine art more definitive.

Agreed, though it does somewhat look like he's taking issue with the Hulk tickling him. :D

To be any more perfect *for me* that art would swap out Angel for Iceman and his cowboy hat look with the eyepatch. But really, he pretty much nailed it on all levels.

Back