DEADFEST 2007 (2nd SSF Custom Challenge) Images and Responses

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DEADFEST 2007 RESPONSE THREAD - 2nd SSF Custom Challenge

Wow, you guys came up with some crazy, and very cool, stuff.

Yeah, that Subject 187 was seriously insane. I really like that one a lot. Syn, did you sculpt that entire head or what?

Re: DEADFEST 2007 IMAGE THREAD - 2nd SSF Custom Challenge

This is my Airport/Plaid shirt Zombie from Dawn Of The Dead:

IMG_2512.jpg

IMG_2514.jpg

This is my Dr. Tongue zombie from Day Of The Dead:

IMG_2412.jpg

IMG_2414.jpg

These customs are INCREDIBLE!! Only thing I have to add is my Tarman and Trash Return of the Living Dead customs
tarman.jpg

smallROTLD.jpg

047.jpg

Last edited:

Thanks guys! 187 is a Ken Superman Returns body (it was nice and lanky) with a skull from a plastic skeleton glued to the neck. I then went over it with sculpy to add the rotted flesh...

Here's a shot with better lighting...

DSCF0010-4.jpg

Last edited:

Holy crap, I thought this was starting today!? :confused: Oh well, great to see all of the submissions so far, here are some of my faves.

Are you freakin' serious Les!?! This is ridiculously awesome!! Very creative and wicked twist to a hero of mine.

Josh, you know how I feel about this one brother!! :rock I'm glad everone finally gets to see this after all the secrecy, thanks for giving me access to your creative process, it was fun seeing this guy come together. Colonel America. :rock

Dude, I love the pics by candle light, gives them a very eery look!

Nude Nell, awesome name!! Back story is great, she really turned out well and the bullet holes are a nice touch!

S.W.A.T. Sam is simpy bad ass, I like the pic with the hoody too.

Heck no this is no retread! If anything though, he shoulda been 'Nearly Headless Jim'! :D Fantasic work bro! :rock

ZOMBIE PETER PARKER

Peter Parker was orphaned at the age of six when his parents were killed in an airplane crash overseas. He went to live with his uncle and aunt, Ben and May Parker, in Forest Hills, New York. Parker was extremely bright and became a high honors student at Midtown High School. Now, he craves the taste of warm brains.

zombiepp1.jpg

zombiepp2.jpg

zombiepp3.jpg

DEAD MAN WALKING

"I'm dead....after 10 years of fighting these things, I'm faced with something that I've both feared and secretly wanted. Ten years of fighting this cursed virus & the insanity that it spawns.....now it's coming to an end, I grow tired of fighting....fighting? I've been running, I can see that clearly now. You see, I've put a bullet in the brain of my wife, my own father & my mother-in-law....two of those choices were very painful decisions to have to make and very hard to live with. I think God granted me a special miracle when Katie passed a year before the outbreak...I couldn't imagine seeing her as one of those things. For me? one small bite just above the elbow section of the arm....it's has the same impact as your doctor walking in and saying 'The cancer has spread, you have one hour to live.' I'll make the most out of that hour. I may be a dead man, but I have no intention of being a dead man 'walking'. I plan on taking as many as I can with me for the next 59 minutes saving one minute & one bullet for myself. I hope I've done enough good to earn me the right to see Melissa & Katie again in about an hour"

surv1.jpg

surv3.jpg

surv4.jpg

surv2.jpg

Finally got a chance to look in on the offerings & I'm loving all of them!

I hope there are more coming in before midnight (the freaks come out at night, right?). I have one that I couldn't finish in time, I'll try to post it tonight as a WIP. I really hoped I'd get a chance to finish it up, but it's just been a busy month for me.

again, all of the figures are amazing & I'm glad to see so many people show up for this one. You guys rock!

EL MUERTO - The Aztec Zombie!!

I posted this last August, but afterall he's EL MUERTO-THE AZTEC ZOMBIE!!!

It's from an indie comic book called El Muerto (www.elmuerto.com) created by Javier Hernandez, basically the storyline is this: Young Diego de la Muerte is celebrating his 21st anniversary on his way to a Day of the Dead celebration he crashes and and is abducted by Mitlantecuhtli (God of the Dead) and Tezcatlipoca (The smoking mirror) and is sacrificed by Mitlantecuhtli (heart extraction and all that...). Then Tezcatlipoca sends him back to earth with an unknown fate and secret powers.
Since he died in his Dia de Muertos Outfit, the Aztec Zombie lurks through the streets of L.A. in search of his past, his friends, his love...and his destiny, sporting his El Muerto mariachi suit and makeup!

Special Credit to: Michael, from Old Days of Yore for the Mariachi suit, and to Dave from the Patch Hut for the bone and skull pathes.

Here it is:

muertorojo1b.jpg

muertorojo6.jpg

muertomaya1.jpg

muertorojo2.jpg

muertored4.jpg

muertoyellow6.jpg

So far, SO AWESOME! The turnout already is stellar, and the works are mind blowing! I love them all.
I just posted an index in the very first post of the Image thread, so if anyone needs to find a custom, LOOK THERE FIRST! They are posted in order of artist, then under each name, in order, are the names of the figures.
Maybe this will help anyone looking for their favorites to show someone. I will endeavor to keep this updated along and along, as new entries show up.

Now, to see what is in store in the coming hours! We have yet to see some from other masters here. I hope we indeed do! BRING THEM ON GUYS!

I will post my full reviews after all are posted in.
Die, you can post any state of finished figure you want. If anyone has a zombie and it just can't be finished by midnight, post what you have anyway! You can still go back and replace your shots in your posts later, with finished ones. Just get your posts in today, and let's rock this place!

Great works already. Let's see more!
Thanks so much so far guys! :rock

(AGAIN, please! Any mods watching this, can you please sticky these two threads and unsticky the old Female customs challenge ones? Thanks!)

You know its going to be a bad day when the zombies take over the police station.
zombiefest1.jpg

zombiefest2.jpg

zombiefest4.jpg

And to make matters worse, they get outside and play in the dumpster:
zombiefest3.jpg

And hopefully no one needs to mail a letter.
zombiefest5.jpg

loving each and every one of these posts! great work guys!

Nomak: Fear The Reaper
Hey guys,

Sadly, I haven't had any time to do any more scary figures but as I said before this was always intended to be my Deadfest '07 entry.

Inspired by FX sculptor Steve Wang's 1:1 interpretation of the Blade II reaper (and a touch of Nirasawa) - this is my 1/6 version. I picture this as a futuristic, genetically enhanced clone of Jared Nomak.

Early sculpt WIP:
IMG_1906.jpg

I sculpted the head out of super sculpey, painted with acrylics. Obviously, I still got lots to learn with the whole sculpting thing - but it was fun as hell - I just sculpted a regular head and then ripped the mouth open - ha ha.

CRW_1939.jpg

CRW_1986.jpg

CRW_1963.jpg

CRW_1971.jpg

IMG_1921x.jpg

Hey baby, how about a kiss?

IMG_1919x2.jpg

He ain't your average suckhead.

cheers,
doc t

I really love what I am seeing.

So far, my faves are Les' Zombie Luke (man that thing looks evil and the Head Sculpt isn't that bad either), DA's S.W.A.T. zombie, and pretty much all of saintsyn's stuff.

Keep the zombies coming guys!!!!

Outstanding work by everyone! There's an amazing amount of talent on this board. :bow

Back