DCC - Batman: Arkham Figure Series (Origins, Asylum, City, Knight)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman: Arkham City - DC Direct - Series 1 action figures

I am not sure that he is short packed, my friend at Things From Another World said that DC Direct is no longer selling these as cases, so they can charge more for each individual figure. They were charging more for Azreal because he is a more popular character and people will pay the extra $$$.
How does not selling them as cases mean they can charge more for each figure? And I don't think that's the reason why Azrael cost more - Penguin is objectively a more popular character, and so is perhaps Ras, so if they were going to mark them up for being more popular, it'd be those two that cost more.

How does not selling them as cases mean they can charge more for each figure? And I don't think that's the reason why Azrael cost more - Penguin is objectively a more popular character, and so is perhaps Ras, so if they were going to mark them up for being more popular, it'd be those two that cost more.

I think he means that each figure has their own assortment/case. They don't come in a case of 12 like they used to (3 of each figure). In wave 2, Riddler and Mad Hatter got short packed because of the 5 figure wave with a 12 figure case. You either got the Riddler or Mad Hatter in the case. So they literally produced half as much of those guys as everyone else.

Now they just sell a solid case of Batman or Penguin, etc. Not sure how the Thugs work. 1/2 and 1/2 or seperate cases for each version. But typically figures are sold in assorted cases to balance out the costly figures with the cheap to produce figures. You can't hide costs that way with solid cases so they just charge a higher price from the get go. For example, if they had put Freeze in wave 2 with Mad Hatter, we could have gotten him as a standard figure since Hatter's lower cost to make would have balanced him out with Freeze's higher cost.

Thats why Marvel Select figures have always been more expensive than Marvel Legends figures. They are sold sperately rather than in waves.

I think he means that each figure has their own assortment/case. They don't come in a case of 12 like they used to (3 of each figure). In wave 2, Riddler and Mad Hatter got short packed because of the 5 figure wave with a 12 figure case. You either got the Riddler or Mad Hatter in the case. So they literally produced half as much of those guys as everyone else.

Now they just sell a solid case of Batman or Penguin, etc. Not sure how the Thugs work. 1/2 and 1/2 or seperate cases for each version. But typically figures are sold in assorted cases to balance out the costly figures with the cheap to produce figures. You can't hide costs that way with solid cases so they just charge a higher price from the get go. For example, if they had put Freeze in wave 2 with Mad Hatter, we could have gotten him as a standard figure since Hatter's lower cost to make would have balanced him out with Freeze's higher cost.

Thats why Marvel Select figures have always been more expensive than Marvel Legends figures. They are sold sperately rather than in waves.

:exactly: I could not have said it any better!!!

Azreal was sold out at bbts at some point. it could be due to this being his action figure debut. I donno. need to get Ra and white thug. but I also need that hotwheels 89 batmobile. damn too many things to buy all at once. If your in Toronto 401 games is the only place that has titan joker for sale.

SFA -- where'd you get the glasses for Riddler?

SnakeDoc
I used the glasses from the Movie Masters Jim Gordon figure, with a few modifications. They seemed to match the ones from the game quite closely.
0.jpg

SFA your dio still amazes me every time I see it. I cant stop looking at it. Not sure how you will fit more in though :) Yeah where did you find the riddler glasses? They really do finish him off. Thanks for sharing your dio.
Thanks!! :D Yeah it is getting a bit full on there now :lol but there is quite a bit of depth to it that doesn't show well in photos so I'm confident I could get more characters on there... well, fairly confident haha!
I did actually keep that in mind when I first designed it, I wanted to make sure there would be enough space incase DCC ended up making every character from the game. In theory anyway! lol

I got today Titan Joker.He looks so good.

Don't think I could find Titan Joker for less than $60. Didn't want to wait too long so I just finally put 1 in my PoL at BBTS.

Wow sfa, I didn't think a pair of glasses could make such a difference to an already great figure.:clap

He looks awesome, can't wait to get him!!

Wow sfa, I didn't think a pair of glasses could make such a difference to an already great figure.:clap
Yeah the glasses do make a lot of difference to Riddler. I don't think he looked that bad without them, but he definitely looks better with. He's one of my favourites from the whole line actually.

Yeah the glasses do make a lot of difference to Riddler. I don't think he looked that bad without them, but he definitely looks better with. He's one of my favourites from the whole line actually.

Yeah, my brother has got one aswell and he looks absolutley awesome in hand. I will have to mention the glasses fix up to him. Another great figure is Hush, I think. The Riddler has a great look, one which is different to some of the more classical comic book looks we are used to, and is brilliantly represented on figure.

Yeah, my brother has got one aswell and he looks absolutley awesome in hand. I will have to mention the glasses fix up to him. Another great figure is Hush, I think. The Riddler has a great look, one which is different to some of the more classical comic book looks we are used to, and is brilliantly represented on figure.

Yeah Hush is a great figure too. I'd seriously have trouble trying to name my favourite figure from the whole line since so many of them are worthy of the top spot for me. Mr. Freeze is possibly the one my eye is drawn to most at the moment I would say, but my favourite does seem to change a lot!
I have to say that I really love the thugs from the new wave aswell, they look great in person and allow for loads of fun display options despite their pre-posed articulation. I might think about getting a couple more of them in the future.

That is absolutley awesome. :rock
It's good to know that i'm not the only one who thinks that the thugs look good. And yeah, they would make great display pieces, especially if you have a blackgate prison diorama as badass as yours!

The thugs do look good, though I'm gonna limit my collection to the main villains else it'll snowball.

Also, sfa, where do you plan on putting Titan Joker when you get him?

Think I might just put him next to my computer monitor, maybe with the AA Batman stood next to him. There's no place for him on my dio unfortunately since he's not in AC, but I'm sure I'll still take a couple of pics with him in there just for fun :D

Or you could build an Arkham Asylum-based dio for Titan Joker and the other AA figures, giving you more room for all the City figures in your current one.

SO GET BUILDING. :p

Back