DCC - Batman: Arkham Figure Series (Origins, Asylum, City, Knight)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman: Arkham City - DC Direct - Series 1 action figures

Is it fair to say that Strange and Two-Face will be certainties for wave 4? I wouldn't be surprised to see Nightwing OR Deadshot in that wave, along with a Batman variant and perhaps some new thugs.

Then the wave after would be Talia, whichever out of Nightwing/Deadshot wasn't in the previous wave, a new Batman, Black Mask and some more thugs. And then that'd be pretty much everyone, aside from Grundy and Clayface, who'd be deluxe figures. I can see Grundy coming out around the time of wave 4, and Clayface coming out alongside the final wave.

And in a few months I can quote this post and be all HOW RIGHT WAS I?!

I want abromovich brothers =[

So AC Wave 3 is out September, right? So it's not long. Then again, that probably means the very end of September, plus a fortnight delay, so probably October. Though we've already seen these in packaging, so there might not be a delay this time.

Me wants my Penguin. :(

Yeah wave 3 is due September. The fact that they've been out in Hong Kong already gives me hope they'll be out on time. The whole wave looks great to me. Penguin and Ras especially.

I read that some online store got a batch of these already, but have since sold out and are awaiting more stock, which is a good sign. I'd love it if these came out surprisingly early rather than surprisingly late this time.

I think once we have Penguin, Two-Face is the last 'main' villain needed for my collection to feel complete. Obviously I'll keep buying pretty much every figure, but I mean that without the most iconic characters my collection doesn't seem finished.

I agree about two-face. Something in me really wants a Black Mask though.

I agree about two-face. Something in me really wants a Black Mask though.

Id love Black mask with a chair lmao!

0.jpg

Two face actually, should come with the rocket launcher on his shoulder from the final Catwoman episode

Given the number of accessories with other figures, I doubt we'll really get anything. Not to worry, accessories aren't really a big deal to me so it's alright.

Also, out of boredom, I've ranked my favourite Arkham figures.

Riddler
Freeze
Croc
Joker
Bane
Hush
Nurse Harley
Scarecrow
Robin
Batman
Zsasz
Mad Hatter
Catwoman
AC Harley
Poison Ivy

What are other people's? Bane would be higher - probably number 1 - but the fact that we now have a bigger Croc brings him down a bit.

It'll never happen, but I'd love DCC to really surprise us and give us the Batmobile. I know they've never done vehicles before, but this would be a good place to start!

Given the number of accessories with other figures, I doubt we'll really get anything. Not to worry, accessories aren't really a big deal to me so it's alright.

Also, out of boredom, I've ranked my favourite Arkham figures.

Riddler
Freeze
Croc
Joker
Bane
Hush
Nurse Harley
Scarecrow
Robin
Batman
Zsasz
Mad Hatter
Catwoman
AC Harley
Poison Ivy

What are other people's? Bane would be higher - probably number 1 - but the fact that we now have a bigger Croc brings him down a bit.

I dont have many AA figures but I dont really have an order lol.

I mean taking away price, id Say freeze and Batman AA is right up the top along with Killer croc. I think Ivy is one of the worst figures, her legs look terrible just like her feet. Some of Riddlers paint apps are terrible; looks like half his face has a tan, other half doesnt and is missing the glasses which is annoying. Zsasz' limited poseability and questionable pose from the start makes him a low scorer. If it wasnt for the awsome amount of detail, Hatter would be the worst.

But yeah, Freeze, Croc and AA Batman are probably the best. I think the detective mode batman is a hell of a let down.

After waffling between DCD and Square Enix, I decided to go with DCD because of the wealth of characters. I have Series 1 ordered online and will be picking up Hush and Riddler (no need for Detective Bats or Mad Hatter) from the LCS this weekend. Might also try to get Croc, if I can find one that looks good. Still undecided about Catwoman and her long face. I'll have to PO Series 3 sometime soon.

Ras has a DERP face....

$%28KGrHqZ,!roF!9BqFRzFBQP%295Bm5ig~~60_57.JPG

Hopefully they aren't all like that.

After waffling between DCD and Square Enix, I decided to go with DCD because of the wealth of characters. I have Series 1 ordered online and will be picking up Hush and Riddler (no need for Detective Bats or Mad Hatter) from the LCS this weekend. Might also try to get Croc, if I can find one that looks good. Still undecided about Catwoman and her long face. I'll have to PO Series 3 sometime soon.

All crocs look epic! Just be aware of the resin failure in the arms with the weight. Mine broke last month and my LCS is struggling to get replacements.

All crocs look epic! Just be aware of the resin failure in the arms with the weight. Mine broke last month and my LCS is struggling to get replacements.

That's what I've been hearing, though I didn't know about the resin. Really, the arm joint is partially constructed of resin? I mean, I'm no toy maker, but even I know that's not a good idea from my experience with table top miniatures and models. Maybe I'll have to get Croc to keep sealed.

Shame about Ras' face. I'm not that big a Ras fan, so I'm hoping the Penguin, Bats, and the Thugs look good.

That's what I've been hearing, though I didn't know about the resin. Really, the arm joint is partially constructed of resin? I mean, I'm no toy maker, but even I know that's not a good idea from my experience with table top miniatures and models. Maybe I'll have to get Croc to keep sealed.

Shame about Ras' face. I'm not that big a Ras fan, so I'm hoping the Penguin, Bats, and the Thugs look good.

Well I say resin, im most likely wrong. But its not like a pin that clips in though;

2012-07-14165802.jpg

2012-07-14165751.jpg

Wow, that does look like a weak way to attach such a heavy arm.

Yea, that's a very small pin. It'd have to be made of metal to support that kind of weight.

I've read some reviews where people had a hard time justifying the price, but now with a significant QC issue, I guess I have to pass. Plus, there's no way I'm paying $45 for that Mr. Freeze, so maybe my only large figure AC purchase will be Titan Joker. Oh, crap - he's got big arms, too. :slap

Just a note, I've have my Croc for a while and posed its arms quite a lot without any breakage, so it could still be fine if you were to order one. He does look pretty impressive, one of my favourites even though I don't like the character that much.

Yea, that's a very small pin. It'd have to be made of metal to support that kind of weight.

I've read some reviews where people had a hard time justifying the price, but now with a significant QC issue, I guess I have to pass. Plus, there's no way I'm paying $45 for that Mr. Freeze, so maybe my only large figure AC purchase will be Titan Joker. Oh, crap - he's got big arms, too. :slap

Your looking at around $80 for Titan Joker, he's £60 over in the UK due to the huge size.

Mr Freeze is worth every penny to be honest, Croc is too. I mean, Im getting a replacement, but Croc himself is a hugely detailed figure, and its very accurate and weighty.

Arm fault aside, its an amazing figure. So is Freeze to be honest. I love them both and cant wait to get my replacement!

2012-07-10203042.jpg

2012-07-10202841.jpg

Back