DCC - Batman: Arkham Figure Series (Origins, Asylum, City, Knight)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles - Batman: Arkham figure series (Origins,Asylum,City)

I hope not. Being rather selfish but as someone who lives outside the US it is nigh on impossible to get a con exclusive figure. Chances are unless I am prepared to Grundy level prices for it I will not get him. I would sooner a con exclusive is a variant or a figure with an diaorama/accessory.

I agree. I was pretty disappointed about such a central character like Strange being a con exclusive, and hope that this year it can be something i won't feel too bad about missing out on. I would definitely like them to just release an exclusive variant or one including a nifty exclusive accessory for a figure that will still reach the rest of the market.
I hope they do it like hasbro did with the Boba Fett including carbonite Han, or bridge direct did with Azog including Thror's head and an alternate hand. Something worth getting, but you can still buy without the accessory in a few months in store.

I wouldn't be too upset if they chose a minor character to release though.
I wouldn't miss Loeb, Branden, Warden Joseph, or an unmasked Sionis too much.
I'm sure there are lots of people who would still be upset with that though.

If they release unmasked Deathstroke as a con exclusive I will be heartbroken though, same with unmasked Bane. I would totally buy those guys again for unmasked variants.
Actually I think it would be awesome if they sold a pack of alternate heads so I didn't have to re-buy figures, include Bane, Slade, Roman Sionis, and Bruce Wayne heads.
Wishful thinking though.

I'm probably the only one who wants a Penguin from Origins without the broken bottle in his eye socket.

I'm probably the only one who wants a Penguin from Origins without the broken bottle in his eye socket.

I'd still want him, but not so much only because I don't want to buy a second penguin. I'd certainly prefer one over my city version though.
I think I would really want a Harvey Bullock figure. But that will definitely have to wait until after Gordon and Alfred

I haven't bought a DCD figure since Riddler/Catwoman, I was too let down by them both. Skipped Penguin because with the voice box and monocle it seems like too much packed onto his tiny head but I'd like to get an origins version and at least round out the more well known baddies.

A Bullock figure would be cool. Not outside the realm of possibility I guess either.

Do we ever see Bullock in the game? I know he's on the radio with Gordon. It's the same voice actor from BTAS I believe!

Yes we do see him in Origins. He's there in quite a lot of cutscenes

Hi guys..

Finally I got this...

bpa9.jpg

A better Batsuit than Arkham City and Asylum, IMO.

Meh, it's cool as a starting Batman, but it's too bulky for an experienced Batman who fights with as much finesse as he does strength. I love the more soldier-esque batman like Bale's or Origin's, but only in that 'starting out, I need to be able to take a punch' phase. Batman in his prime is such a skilled fighter I imagine him barely getting hit and choosing dexterity/speed over armour/muscle mass to conserve energy - ultimate ninja efficiency. Oddly enough I feel the increased armour/muscle only makes him look more inexperienced, more a brawler than a ninja. Nevertheless I absolutely loved how the totally damaged batsuit looked in origins, all those metal scratches, pretty cool.

Asylum is still the best version imo, as long as the blue parts appear dark/black. Didn't like the belt/gauntlet change on City too much, but was glad they got rid of the blue.
batman-arkham-asylum-445407.jpg

Meh, it's cool as a starting Batman, but it's too bulky for an experienced Batman who fights with as much finesse as he does strength. I love the more soldier-esque batman like Bale's or Origin's, but only in that 'starting out, I need to be able to take a punch' phase. Batman in his prime is such a skilled fighter I imagine him barely getting hit and choosing dexterity/speed over armour/muscle mass to conserve energy - ultimate ninja efficiency. Oddly enough I feel the increased armour/muscle only makes him look more inexperienced, more a brawler than a ninja. Nevertheless I absolutely loved how the totally damaged batsuit looked in origins, all those metal scratches, pretty cool.

Asylum is still the best version imo, as long as the blue parts appear dark/black. Didn't like the belt/gauntlet change on City too much, but was glad they got rid of the blue.
batman-arkham-asylum-445407.jpg
:exactly: I love the look for Asylum, the colors work well and it's why I love the PAK of it. I'm not too fond of Arkham City, the colors seem...inconsistent. Sometimes dark blue and gray, or black and gray.

Yeah I don't get why they make the games so greyish, I always cut the brightness setting by like a third to get a bit more proper darkness and a dark suit appearance.:lol

Well here's the final installment of From Clay to Clayface

Noticed some things in that video, particularity at the end.

Here's a picture of it:
2eyvrtd.jpg

You can see a whole other stretched left arm, which I doubt will be included as I'm sure a feature like that DC Direct would have advertised it and shown it off.

Also if you look above his head you can see the ice crystals setting there. That means they are a separate piece, could be glued down, but if you watch the video you can see the entire back is sculpted and not only made to fit the ice crystals. So I'm thinking they'll be removable, but if not at least a separate sculpted piece that will be glued on. DCD's glue is good, but it'll come undone fairly easy with moderate force. Talk this all as a grain of salt though because it's purely my speculation.

EDIT: Upon further inspection the recent DCD Solicit says this:
BATMAN: ARKHAM CITY CLAYFACE DELUXE ACTION FIGURE
The monstrous Clayface can take any shape—including that of an awesome action figure like this all-new one based on the villain’s appearance from the best-selling video game Batman: Arkham City.

Clayface comes with accessories and two interchangeable arms.

$99.95 US • On Sale July 2014 * Allocations May Occur

So I'm thinking we're getting the outstretched arm now. We'll know for sure at NYTF, but they're not counting the two that come on him because then it'd be three, not two. So I'm thinking we're actually getting the long arm from the boss fight. Definitely sweetened the pot making 99.95 feel more worth it.

Last edited:

They should just package a ball of clay, it is at one point game accurate.:lol

They should just package a ball of clay, it is at one point game accurate.:lol
Shhhh! That's this year's convention exclusive figure! :lol

Actually wouldn't be surprised if this year's con exclusive had something to do with Clayface since DCD called 2014 "The year of the Clayface"... :lol

Clayface damaged Batman with Talia sword.

What gadget do you guys think that Rabbit Hole Batman have? I would go with Ice Grenade

I would go with nothing - based on what the Origins figure came with. I think DCC is cheaping out on us now.

Back