DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_2213.jpeg
IMG_2238.jpeg

Not my pics, but I quite like the new packaging. Collector friendly and it almost seems Kenner inspired!

Attachments

• IMG_2239.jpeg
    IMG_2239.jpeg
    202.3 KB · Views: 0
Nice packaging but I wouldn’t keep it anyways. I wish they were painted without the cel shading look. I get what they’re going for but not a fan of it.

I will say that, packaging aside, I have a couple of opinions:

I actually like the cel-shading on Condiment King, Scarecrow, Freeze, and, aside from the missing yellow lining of his cape, Robin, but I really hope they include a less over-the-top Batman in later waves because he’s definitely the weak link of this bunch. I sort of get that, with the ab crunch from that release and everything and Todd selling the Batcycle on its own, he’s clearly meant to be displayed with that one, but I genuinely think The Adventures Continue Batman (highlights and all) was the best iteration DC Direct/Collectibles had done and I’m surprised by the decision to not offer that one here, as it had cel-shading already and looked friggin’ great:

IMG_2245.jpeg

But also, in looking at the new Batman head Todd did, I came across another post in the TAS collecting group I found those photos in and I’ve got to ask: why didn’t he or DC Direct just have Irene Matar or Gentle Giant or whomever ape/update/refine the old Combat Belt Batman head for this line? To this day, I feel like Kenner absolutely nailed the spirit and aesthetic of Timm’s artwork with that one and I really do feel like it would translate to the DCD stuff. I don’t know that there’s much of a custom market in this scale/with these figures at this price point, but I think it’d be a really cool experiment if someone took 3D scans of that particular figure’s sculpt and then went through and adapted it and cleaned it up to fit one of these.

From the new wave, Batman is really bad with this no sense cel-shading :cauto: I'm happy for condiment (I think I'll repaint only the head) and Scarecrow and Mr Freeze

Spaventapasseri e Freeze sembrano fantastici fin dai primi video. E anche Condiment King ha un bell'aspetto, anche se forse un po' oversize?
Condiment is really oversize, taller than Mr Freeze. I won't understand why they make this mistakes so evident

I’m thinking about selling my collection.. these newer figures are really bad

Condiment is really oversize, taller than Mr Freeze. I won't understand why they make this mistakes so evident
I think the one saving grace is that the character’s goofy as hell and you could easily play with perspective and have him in that weird, semi-crouched condiment cannons akimbo pose so he still appears shorter, but yeah, it was a little jarring when I saw just how huge he was in the video.

I’m thinking about selling my collection.. these newer figures are really bad

All things considered, in a rare Todd McFarlane W, it’s nice to see that they’re giving Alfred a standalone release and the paint apps on his face actually look a bit better than the original.

I think Todd is doing a much better job on BTAS than DCC.

DCC almost all the figures had breakage issues. Well not all, that first wave was...aye aye. I broked 3 batmen all left ankle if I remember correctly.

Part of the reason I quit NECA was breakage.

Looking forward to adding that Alfred to my collection. I'm glad it looks like it won't have cel-shading.

I think Todd is doing a much better job on BTAS than DCC.

DCC almost all the figures had breakage issues. Well not all, that first wave was...aye aye. I broked 3 batmen all left ankle if I remember correctly.

Part of the reason I quit NECA was breakage.
I'm on the same boat as well, my turtles were breaking left and right I gave up on neca for that reason.

I don't think these look all that bad but i'm split because I have the adventure continues versions of batman and robin and I feel that they look a lot better than these. All I want is scarecrow, freeze and alfred.

Apparently, there will be Chase figures. Anybody know if this is from a particular episode or is it just a random color variant?

IMG_2432.jpeg

Glad Alfred coming out. I had to pass on the Batcave cause I didn’t have the room so I missed out on the original Afred that came with the cave. Definitely getting Alfred and then I think that’s it for me for this line.

These feel cheap, like an Aliexpress bootleg almost. The matte paint did wonders to these animated sculpts.

Alfred went up for pre-order on Target and of course sold out immediately. I missed it. Hopefully I can grab one later.

Back