DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So sad to see this great company fold. Overall the BTAS line was absolutely brilliant. Shame it probably won't be complete now, unless someone else steps in.

Truly sad ...however thank god they did the majority of core group of Rogues from the show

Yes I know there were a lot of villains that were never produced

I just wish they were more aggressive with producing a STAS line before Covid hit.. they had more than enough years since they featured some at the SDCC of the past..but they never seemed to finalize the line :thud:

I?m sure there is another distributor that will take over but IMO it just won?t be the same

I still cannot believe this is ending. It was three years ago at the SDCC 2017 when the Joker?s expressions pack and the Jokermobile was announced, then the latter was cancelled (I would have bought that vehicle which I consider a must have), then Kevin Kniry was gone and we pray in each convention that this line would survive.

I was a bit reluctant about The adventures continue concept came out but after the reading the comics the pull me back in.

I love Batman The animated series and all the Timmverse. I hope this is not over. They made some mistakes of course that maybe shouldn?t have made (quality, articulations, paint, sculpts, etc) but these are the only figures that I like from Batman Tas. They made also masterpieces like the Batmobile, Batwing and even the GCPD box with lights in my humble
opinion.

Mcfarlane, Mondo, Mafex are doing the best they can but I always come back to dc collectibles/direct because these are the only figures in size and sculpt I can only think about.

Perhaps I don?t know anything about figures, but I have been collecting Batman Tas since the 1992 kenner line and I only see dc direct as the only perfect updated figures/vehicles for the original Batman tas toyline, just like TMNT original 1988 playmates could only be updated by Tmnt cartoon made by Neca that are target exclusive.

I counted 17 remanining Batman The adventures continues that still need to come out and I hope they made it

According this article https://news.toyark.com/2020/08/05/...ventures-continue-toys-in-hand-gallery-397861 we have the following figures

Azrael (dropped in June)
Red Hood (dropped in June)
Thomas Wayne Batman
The Talon
The Batman Who Laughs
Vampire Batman
Super armor Batman
Deathstroke

And we are getting repaints of the following, all with the cell shading:

BTAS Batman with new legs (dropped in June)
Harley Quinn (dropped in June)
TNBA Batman
Tim Drake Robin
Batgirl
Catwoman
Christmas With The Joker
Joker
Robin

This cannot be the end

Yeah its unfortunate that this line has to end. I feel like WB is just terribly mismanaged from the movie universe to the action figures. I'm glad we got what we did. I would have never expected to see such a large Batmobile with lights and then to get an even bigger Batplane. The batcave was just icing on the cake. I don't know any other company that would have give us those large vehicles, other than NECA and even then it would have to be a passion project for Randy to even get that stuff made and I don't know how he feels about BTAS considering he never made a 1/4 scale one.

You know, as a former ATT employee, this is what happens when you get a telecom company having no idea how to run an entertainment company and it shows, good riddance and so glad I left. Too bad those DC employees got no choice...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Are they still releasing any of the figures that are supposed to be coming out in Oct 2020 like the unmasked cat woman

Are they still releasing any of the figures that are supposed to be coming out in Oct 2020 like the unmasked cat woman
I've heard that everything solicited will be released. Of course, there's no official confirmation on that, so until then... maybe.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

These news are quite a bummer.

I hope the other companies who have the DC License hire all the people who were involved in the making of the DC Collectibles products. Especially Jim Fletcher, Irene and the new sculptors of the BTAC line. Or hope they band together to do what Super 7 did with the Masters of the Universe line. I'm sure we'd continue supporting them if they took on the initiative to do their own thing.

Gave me lots of fun moments collecting this line. Have nearly every single figure (except the repaints of Ivy, Freeze, Croc, Bane and the Batwing). Will surely miss getting new figures.

https://comicbook.com/dc/news/jim-le...ywoik4yQGk78rU

Earlier this week came a huge swing of the ax at WarnerMedia, and with it were major layoffs at DC Entertainment. Among the changes were the removal of editor-in-chief Bob Harras, editors Mark Doyle, Brian Cunningham, and Andy Khouri, VP of marketing Jonah Weiland, senior VP Hank Kanalz, and VP of global publishing initiatives and digital strategy Bobbie Chase. Another major loss was the entirety of the DC Direct collectibles office with everyone reportedly laid off. So what does this mean for the future of that integral arm of DC? Jim Lee has the answer.

"When we started, we were one of the first companies, if not the first, to go out and create a business that catered to that specialty market," Lee told The Hollywood Reporter in a new interview. "That success has brought in a lot of competitors and a lot of companies that are now in that space. So it’s about evolving the model. We want to produce those collectible and serve those fans, but we will probably shift to a higher price point collectible and more of a licensing model, working with manufacturers we already work with."

[continue]

Just getting into this line, because of the Adventure Continues line. Hopefully they will still make the previewed Talon V.1and 2, Thomas Wayne Batman and Hushm along with the others shown.

On a side note, it's amazing to completely load up your cart with these figures and have them equal to the cost of one HT figure - was a nice surprise!

Just getting into this line, because of the Adventure Continues line. Hopefully they will still make the previewed Talon V.1and 2, Thomas Wayne Batman and Hushm along with the others shown.

On a side note, it's amazing to completely load up your cart with these figures and have them equal to the cost of one HT figure - was a nice surprise!

Source that the waves 2-3-4 of batman continues line will be released? From what we know, we probably will have the wave 2, but any other info about the waves 3-4 and the final Christmas Joker being released after DC Collectibles close

Do any of you folks still have access to purchase the B:TAS versions of Two-Face, Scarecrow, Riddler, Commissioner Gordon, or Detective Bullock?

Possibly a local comic shop that might have them in stock?

Desperate to try and get these characters.
Thanks.

Im looking for plastic plastic stand/shelve/podium, Im just looking for one tier, so one figure would be on the shelve, and one on the back on the plastic stand. Im looking for as long as possible, say 2 m. Any links would be great, Thanks !!

Hi, any news about the release's date about the new wave adventures continue in Uk or Europe? I see only few seller in Usa and high prices, how is possible?

So, finally got my batman figure from the new adventures line no ab crunch and I must say, I?m impressed, way better than the first version to be honest! The new joints and movement is what did it all for me, the cell shading is a plus but still at the end of the day, i hope you can snag one up at retail MSRP, the cheapest i found them online was entertainment earth!

Had a cat woman pre order for 2021 that got moved from november of this year, but my order got cancelled outright yesterday, the rumors were true.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Catwoman, New Adventures Batman, Batman who laughs, etc have all been cancelled. There will be no more figures released in this line

Back