DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's everywhere, they're cancelled

The only things we know it's that DC Direct was shutdown. But after the shutdown, waves 1-2 were released. So as far as we know, they can fullfill the preorders already out to reduce the economic loss. They probably already made the molds, the packaging, etc.

I can't read any official statement from DC Direct itself about the upcoming final months of their "life"

Finally got one of these :D
I do not even know if this thing will be imported here in Italy... Glad I've got one on BBTS! It's a way better Batman than the original release, I'm pretty happy :D It's just a shame this line is dead :(
IMG_20200923_125751.jpg

BBTS is weird.. they often keep on preorder cancelled stuff... I've been told Jokermobile still was there till some months ago even if cancelled years ago... :dunno
Yeah the Jokermobile and that variant Mad Love 2-pack were up for awhile.

still preordered hoping to see what comes of it, good thing about bbts is that they don?t charge you pre order fees up front

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have a reliable source?

Well, the DC Direct IG profile keeps on pushing promos for previously scheduled releases of both figures and statues. Just three days ago they posted about Wave 2 being released, but they generally never talk about cancelled items.

The news came from several online retailers dropping their stock, which is usually how things are subtly discontinued.

Does anybody know where I can get a sheet of replacement stickers for the Batcave set? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It just occured to me that they were never able to make a Condiment King figure before getting cancelled and now I'm absolutely horrified

It just occured to me that they were never able to make a Condiment King figure before getting cancelled and now I'm absolutely horrified
I?m not sure this would have ever happened, particularly due to all the new tooling, but I was just thinking that an interesting Comic Con exclusive might have been a BTAS 4-pack with:

Mighty Mom
Pack Rat
Condiment King
Baby Doll

They could have maybe called it something like,
?Gotham?s Fallen Stars? in reference to the fact that they were all once big celebrities that got involved with crime, which is why I threw Baby Doll in there. I also think she would have helped a little towards selling the pack.

To go a step further, MAYBE they could have added Summer Gleason as a talk show host to interview all the ruined celebrities in costume. Like make it a box set that resembles a talk show set with 4 little cardboard chairs for the villains to sit on. Summer standing in the middle and 2 villains on each side in chairs.

Probably much easier said than done in actual execution lol.

I?m not sure this would have ever happened, particularly due to all the new tooling, but I was just thinking that an interesting Comic Con exclusive might have been a BTAS 4-pack with:

Mighty Mom
Pack Rat
Condiment King
Baby Doll

They could have maybe called it something like,
?Gotham?s Fallen Stars? in reference to the fact that they were all once big celebrities that got involved with crime, which is why I threw Baby Doll in there. I also think she would have helped a little towards selling the pack.

To go a step further, MAYBE they could have added Summer Gleason as a talk show host to interview all the ruined celebrities in costume. Like make it a box set that resembles a talk show set with 4 little cardboard chairs for the villains to sit on. Summer standing in the middle and 2 villains on each side in chairs.

Probably much easier said than done in actual execution lol.

I would buy that for sure :p

I ordered Batman: The Adventures Continue Batman , Robin, Joker from BBTS, last week just got an e-mail there in my pile of loot.

Anyone think any of these figures will hit discount or will everyone buy them up immediately.

Dunno if I'm the only ones that still use the classic bases even for these new figures, anyway, I've did the turnarounds if somoene wanna print and use them. Here Slade and Jason ones!

Deathstroke.jpg
Red Hood.jpg

Thanks blebble, it would be great if these came with the stands like this for consistency but I guess it doesn't matter now... :/

No problem! Yeah, it was stupid to cut off the stands from the single releases... Anyway, like you said, the line it's sadly done :( It was a very awesome line though, even with lots of flaws I love it anyway :)

Great work my friend :)

No problem! Thanks to you my friend! :D

Back