DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On the topic of rereleases reducing value. I honestly don't collect because of some market value people associated with the piece. I collect a piece because there is some intrinsic value in it for me (generally nostalgia). If I only cared about resale values then why not just spend buy stocks or some other type of investment. While it is nice that some of my pieces in my collection raise in value significantly, I only derive value based on what I enjoy. I hope if they plan on doing rereleases they also try to add in new characters. I'm not a huge fan of the shadings, it doesn't look all that great.

I agree pretty much with your whole statement.

If there is one situation that would upset me about a decrease in value it would be a situation where I paid a lot of money to get a rare figure that saw a reissue pretty soon after. Maybe like the Rogues pack if I had shelled out $50+ for each of them now that I can get them for about half of that. Luckily I got them the first time around on day one.

Meh. I don?t really buy it. Even even this person on Facebook actually knows someone at DCC (which I doubt) and even if that person turns out to be the head guy with the final say-so (which I doubt) I wouldn?t look too forward to any figure getting reissued until we at least see the solicitations for them. Even the best plans or intentions can go awry and considering the state of the world right now with Covid19 a lot of plans might have been changed or scrapped. I?d never say this will absolutely not happen but even under normal conditions I?m not so sure they?ll go back into production with at least a few of these figures. And knowing how some people can be, even if the conversation between DCC guy and Facebook guy did occur or theoretically a conversation between DCC guy and his boss happened, I could see someone saying, ?We?re going to TRY and rerelease everything.? and the person listening hears, ?They are ABSOLUTELY rereleasing everything.? Or someone actually says to people, ?We are rereleasing EVERYTHING.? but really they either don?t know for certain or the really mean, ?We?re going to TRY and rerelease everything but most likely just the main or popular characters.? lol.

I?m just saying take it with a grain of salt like you seem to be doing already.

As far as your question about how do I feel about rereleases lessening the value of the originals... Can?t say I?m real worried. It?s nice to own valuable figures but I?m not currently looking to sell any of mine. It?s great for people who missed out on them before. I hope they do get reissued for those people.

Thanks, yeah I don't know if they will or not, or just make the popular characters. Or if they were smart they would just go on eBay and make the figures that sell for the most.

On the topic of rereleases reducing value. I honestly don't collect because of some market value people associated with the piece. I collect a piece because there is some intrinsic value in it for me (generally nostalgia). If I only cared about resale values then why not just spend buy stocks or some other type of investment. While it is nice that some of my pieces in my collection raise in value significantly, I only derive value based on what I enjoy. I hope if they plan on doing rereleases they also try to add in new characters. I'm not a huge fan of the shadings, it doesn't look all that great.

I appreciate the word salad but my question was on if it would effect the values, not whether or not you collect for value. Thanks though.

Well, my opinion is that if they release again a expressions pack or batman beyond figures with minor differences, like some cell shading, we'll see them prices plummet at first, because a lot of people holding for value will panic sell, it's always the same.
But if they go with really different versions like the christmas metalic joker, probably would lower just a bit or nothing at all.
There is always some, mainly in box collectors, that want the first edition anyways so with time it will probably rise again.

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 7 mediante Tapatalk

Well, my opinion is that if they release again a expressions pack or batman beyond figures with minor differences, like some cell shading, we'll see them prices plummet at first, because a lot of people holding for value will panic sell, it's always the same.
But if they go with really different versions like the christmas metalic joker, probably would lower just a bit or nothing at all.
There is always some, mainly in box collectors, that want the first edition anyways so with time it will probably rise again.

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 7 mediante Tapatalk

thats a good take, makes sense. thank you

Well I got shipping notice for Azrael/Red Hood from EE(on thier way as we speak), and they are still saying preorder on thier site?

As a long time collector, re releases DO decrease the value of an item UNTIL that re release stock runs out, hence you have to be aggressive with the pre orders and rumors that come with it.

Some sellers just sit on merchandise just because, but even new sellers 9/10 will sell 5-10% above retail, the question is would you want to pay for taxes and shipping at This point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People are starting to receive them!
d8e0e691190a2f33229896775eb9e5af.jpg
40ff70a301e2b495644b99fe6fb2d562.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

People are starting to receive them!
d8e0e691190a2f33229896775eb9e5af.jpg
40ff70a301e2b495644b99fe6fb2d562.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Red Hood looks great! Is anyone here reading the comic book that goes along with this line? It will be interesting to see how they retcon Jason Todd into the animated series continuity, given that the TNBA Tim Drake was originally a composite of Jason Todd and Tim Drake from the comics. At any rate, I really like the looks of these figures.

Entertainment earth has an option to get notified when an item is restocked (two face and scarecrow to be specific) anyone know how likely that is for them to actually be restocked?

I hope the one on the right is the one we get. It?ll fit better with the HARDAC Batman.

I don?t like that ab crunch, it?s ugly.

Can anyone reccomend me some good figure bases to use with these figures? I bought the justice league set and it's pretty hard to prevent them from falling over without bases/stands

Back