DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

:lol

I actually have this in storage. It was cute, but the articulation on these were pathetic compared to what is out now

I agree with you on that but they were what they were back then. Just think what they could do now.

I agree with you on that but they were what they were back then. Just think what they could do now.

Kenner was awesome with this series, who cared about the repainted after repaint and cheesy gimmicks. That one rocked including the 12" variety that they tackled as well.

Remember the Legends of The Dark Knight collection. One of the best Azrael figures I ever owned.

I even liked the whole Kenner Keaton Batman line. How awesome was that black and Gold Bats.

Man those where the days when Kmart and BEST department stores were the places to get all the fantastic DC superhero collection.

I feel old :lol

I remember the Superman Animated line..Man I hope this next for DCC.

It's a shame that the Justice League Limited line ended

Last edited:

I still think Kenner's 1992/1993 Combat Belt Batman head sculpt is superior to this new one.

Another video review.

Just saw it. This guy was boring reviewing it but we had some good camera work.

I hope in hand his mouth looks more accurate, so far with each YouTube review it looks like his chin is scrunched :pray:

Awesome pic dieguito_89!I can't wait for these to come to UK! All 3 figures look fantastic!

@World'sGreatestDetective I removed the plastic one and sculpted the new one, I used a thin piece of string and attached to it before painting it white. I hope this helps :)

Also I finished sculpting BTAS Two Face :D

Oh, wow! I love your Two-Face, but I'm over the moon with what you did with PENGUIN! The monocle and cigarette improve the look SO much! What did you use for the cigarette? I'll have to do it myself, because that is just stunning. :clap

f4pdZkA.jpg

6C4dUJS.jpg

So happy that my robin now has a Batman :)

Picked up another one up online. $20 can't argue with that, now I have one I can keep MOC

Woah did I just say that :lol

Last edited:

My wife picked up BTAS Batman, Batgirl, Riddler, Ivy, Penguin, and the Arkham Origins 3 pack (Shiva, Harley, Electrocutioner) all for $155. Not bad at all.

I found a comparison with Kenner

12107627_149102065442478_702303220_n.jpg

Mod of mouth and eyes? looks more like the prototype

12081055_1512892575698009_1960667359_n.jpg

12132799_921389474576047_446993621_n.jpg

I need to pick up Joker and Manbat in this line,is it true both are getting another release?

Mod of mouth and eyes? looks more like the prototype

12081055_1512892575698009_1960667359_n.jpg

12132799_921389474576047_446993621_n.jpg

Nice mod. But the eyes seem a little too big now. I think I'll wait to see in person. That's what I think needs to happen

Wow when I see the scale chart, I didn't realize Robin's head should be higher than his shoulder. Maybe the figure is a little too wide that adds to the shortness

Man, the DCC one looks particularly amazing here.

And I must say that better than the Kenner one, here in this photo.

Please, don't get me wrong - I love, love, love the Kenner Combat Belt (I even own 3 of him), but here I stick with the DCC Bats, he looks totally spot on, as if he stepped out of the TV.

My Morning action shot!

Also the closest I can come to a comparison shot of DCC and kenner versions. Yes! Combat belt Batman with a Retro Batman head.

I still think Robin is a bit smaller than he should be, but I would have liked him much thicker, more so than taller. Its close enough though.

I agree with you.

And, just like you, I think it's close enough. I don't bother - looks amazing.
It's as if Batman is 6 ft 3 in (1.90 m) and Robin is 5 ft 7 in (1.70 m).
I'm completely fine.

someone should photoshop combat belt batz' head (or maybe only face) on DCC Batz. just to see what it would look like.
I would like to do it myself, but I fear my editing skills might not be good enough.

can someone explain to me, why most of you spell it "bats"? Bats is bat in plural

Joker calls him Bats.

Back