DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Man, the DCC one looks particulary amazing here.

And I must say that better than the Kenner one, here in this photo.

Please, don't get me wrong - I love, love, love the Kenner Combat Belt (I even own 3 of him), but here I stick with the DCC Bats, he looks totally spot on, as if he stepped out of the TV.

I always thought the Kenner versions had great head sculpts but the grey was too bluish in appearance and this version they nailed it. Also the symbol was so generic on the Kenner version, pretty much a carbon copy of every symbol that was used on your typical batman figure.

But I don't blame them, computers weren't as advanced in rendering a source back in the 90's as compared to now so there really wasn't sculpting involved. Just a painted sticker light symbol.

But now you can see that the symbol is very stylized in sculpting and detail. Well done DCC :clap

someone should photoshop combat belt batz' head (or maybe only face) on DCC Batz. just to see what it would look like.
I would like to do it myself, but I fear my editing skills might not be good enough.

can someone explain to me, why most of you spell it "bats"? Bats is bat in plural

image.jpg

someone should photoshop combat belt batz' head (or maybe only face) on DCC Batz. just to see what it would look like.
I would like to do it myself, but I fear my editing skills might not be good enough.

can someone explain to me, why most of you spell it "bats"? Bats is bat in plural

You're joking right :cuckoo: in the world of Batman, many have nicknamed him Bats. Not just Joker. Robin has said it many times in the comics, as others Harley, Barbara, etc

I think Robin even said it TAS

Not bad but the neck suffers a little in the rendering. I see now why they chose to not copy an older sculpt and start fresh.

Do you guys remember the Space Ghost from a couple years back I think Playmates did it or the one that Diamond Comics did a couple years prior, I think maybe that influenced the new sculpt

Last edited:

Yeah, it's because I was too lazy to edit out the cape clip. :lol

Gotta say that looks better, I think a profile (side) shot is needed with the new DCC figure. Kenner nailed the profile, especially with the forehead and mouth. I'm just not sure about the new one. 21.jpg
11.jpg

I always thought the Kenner versions had great head sculpts but the grey was too bluish in appearance and this version they nailed it. Also the symbol was so generic on the Kenner version, pretty much a carbon copy of every symbol that was used on your typical batman figure.

But I don't blame them, computers weren't as advanced in rendering a source back in the 90's as compared to now so there really wasn't sculpting involved. Just a painted sticker light symbol.

But now you can see that the symbol is very stylized in sculpting and detail. Well done DCC :clap

This!

I wasn't going to mention how bluish the grey on the Kenner Combat Belt is, because I know how people worship him and it could start a war here.
But, yes, it's kinda way too blue.

In all, I think DCC topped the Combat Belt.

*praying no one threats to ban me*

Gotta say that looks better, I think a profile (side) shot is needed with the new DCC figure. Kenner nailed the profile, especially with the forehead and mouth. I'm just not sure about the new one.

Here you go:

Bats1.jpg

I must say, yes, DCC nailed the profile too.

This!

I wasn't going to mention how bluish the grey on the Kenner Combat Belt is, because I know how people worship him and it could start a war here.
But, yes, it's kinda way too blue.

In all, I think DCC topped the Combat Belt.

*praying no one threats to ban me*

I figured DCC topping combat belt batman was a given. It being in the 6 inch scale alone beats it. We are here nitpicking it to death haha, but the DCC is the figure I've always wanted as a kid. Thanks for the profile, I think it looks good too. The mouth is still a bit wonky to me, but thats a personal preference.

Not bad but the neck suffers a little in the rendering. I see now why they chose to not copy an older sculpt and start fresh.

Do you guys remember the Space Ghost from a couple years back I think Playmates did it or the one that Diamond Comics did a couple years prior, I think maybe that influenced the new sculpt

I thought of mentioning that old Space Ghost earlier, but I figured no one would know what I was talking about haha. Don't think it would be an influence on the new figure, but it definitely looks a lot like it, for sure.

Guys check out the HDTOYTHEATER review on YOUTUBE on TAS Batman. This is what makes the figure worth it

I always like this guy's reviews. He has incredible lighting and camera work and this figure looks fantastic :yess:

The eyes look perfect IMO

It really is how the lighting makes him look

I love that he seems more ratchety in the more secure legs now and flex of the knees

So happy I got two coming

Maybe I might comb my LCS today and try to find a third

So far there doesn't seem to be any paint issues.

Wow DCC really listens to the fans :hi5:

Last edited:

Man, I just noticed - thanks to that last photo I posted - that, depending on the lighting, you can get the blue highlights on Batman's black parts.

The type of ink they used allows that. Nice touch!

I think in general New Batman is a GREAT improvement but two things that bother me: 1. Why no boots articulation? Come on, every other character had it + this is well needed for action poses. 2. Something is off with the head sculpt. I can only judge from the photos as I don't have the figure yet but something it not right and I still like the old Kenner's head better. I think the Bat ears are a bit too short and not the right shape (The shape is like Daredevil) they might be even too far apart hmmmm..

You're joking right :cuckoo: in the world of Batman, many have nicknamed him Bats. Not just Joker. Robin has said it many times in the comics, as others Harley, Barbara, etc

I think Robin even said it TAS

That's right. He has been called "bats" plenty of times.

This is gonna be an expensive month...

Have all these figures and the Batmobile to buy, and also Carrie Underwood's new album, out next week - Oct. 23

LMAO

Get it soon!

Yeah this one is going to sell much quicker than TNAB for sure. Just for the better leg joints alone.

At least get him before the bat mobile comes out. Once the batmobile hits, this version will sell like hot cakes.

I know LCS will have limited supply, so act now online people because his price is going to be jacked up by xmas :lecture

This is gonna be an expensive month...

Have all these figures and the Batmobile to buy, and also Carrie Underwood's new album, out next week - Oct. 23

LMAO

I'd take the last sentence out for this thread :lol

But yeah, my wallet is going to take a severe beating in the next couple of months with the batmobile, SW Figuarts coming and don't get me started on how many HT I've ordered coming between now and Xmas :thud:

Just for fun and for you... " Waitin All Day For Sunday Night " :wink1:

Last edited:

I'd take the last sentence out for this thread :lol

But yeah, my wallet is going to take a severe beating in the next couple of months with the batmobile, SW Figuarts coming and don't get me started on how many HT I've ordered coming between now and Xmas :thud:

Just for fun " Waiting All Day For Sunday Night " :wink1:

HAHAHAHA!

That opening though. :thud:
It's weird that I like her music... I've always been into hip-hop my whole life, but she caught my attention big time.
The girl rocks so much. Real artist. :lecture

Anyway, YEAH! Not only this month, but the rest of the year too!
We will get TAS/TNBA figures in November, December, January....
There goes my money..........
:thud:

Back