DC Direct Batman:Arkham Asylum video game figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't make out the needles either. I would think DCD would have them for the production fig though?

So long as the final Batman is not a bright shiny blue, I'll probably pick him up.

I really need to play the game. But looking at actuall game pics, I do belive it is a very dark blue. If DCD changes the blue so that it's darker, Bats will be damn near perfect! Either way I'll be picking up all of these I think. Who else do we need? Bane, Croc, Ivy and isn't Zsasz in AA also?

Last edited:
Looks like DCD has just unearthed its next gold mine after Blackest Night has run its course.

It's really hard to say. If I remember right, it was a very dark blue. Sometimes in the game, under certain lighting conditions, the suit could look black...or is it the other way around? I know that a lot of artists use a blue color on Batman to distinguish the suit froM
the pure blackness of shadows.

I think at this point, it's just a matter of preference.

batman_arkham_asylum_screen.jpg

Batman-Arkham-Asylum-delayed.jpg

Seeing those pics, I'm pretty sure that the suit is black. Often time black will be "so black it's blue" depending on the lighting.

Really hope they get it right.

It definitely depends on the lighting in the game and when you look at him. It's hard to see exactly what colour his cape and outfit is.

For me the Batman figure is off, if the blue areas were the same colour as his cape it would be perfect. I don't see why they've got the cape a different colour to everything else?

There's clearly no differences in colour between his cape and his armour, pants etc

https://illclairvoyant.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/batman_arkham_asylum_image.jpg

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/_2kjisMm3...s400/wallpaper+batman+arkham+asylum+joker.jpg

That being said I still love it! I'm getting the whole line, they all look great.

I haven't purchased a small scale figure for...wow...a long time, but I'll definitely be grabbing Joker and Harley to add to my Joker shelf.

I agree with others about the colours on Batman, while they did change in the game dependant on lighting conditions, I got the overall impression that it was supposed to be either black or very, very dark navy blue, so the fig as shown seems a bit lightly coloured to me. Not a deal breaker though.

If I was still collecting DCD's like I was back in the day I'd be all over the whole line, as I'm quite impressed with how well they have captured the game designs on all of these, but I limit myself to just Joker related pieces these days, so as I said, just Harley and Joker for me. This whole line should sell like hotcakes for DCD though methinks.

Know what's sad? I don't even like or play video games & I have to point out the obvious. I watched as my best friend (yes damn it I do have them you know) but I watched as dude played the game. The graphics are extremely advanced and give not only color, but also texture to the surface of objects. Light & shadow are constantly changing & because the story is constantly moving & changing so is the color of certain objects.

So in conclusion......YOUR BOTH RIGHT! Batman's cape & cowl shift from black, to charcoal, to various shades of gray, to colbolt blue, to Navy blue, to any given mixture of said colors. Again how strange is it the ME....the most computer STUPID person on the toy boards has to remind all you computer & video game savvy people that today's computer can generate TENS OF THOUSANDS OF DIFFERENT SADE'S OF ANY ONE COLOR!

Why is it so important to pigeon hole every action figure into your own concept of what it should be?

Know what's sad? I don't even like or play video games & I have to point out the obvious. I watched as my best friend (yes damn it I do have them you know) but I watched as dude played the game. The graphics are extremely advanced and give not only color, but also texture to the surface of objects. Light & shadow are constantly changing & because the story is constantly moving & changing so is the color of certain objects.

So in conclusion......YOUR BOTH RIGHT! Batman's cape & cowl shift from black, to charcoal, to various shades of gray, to colbolt blue, to Navy blue, to any given mixture of said colors. Again how strange is it the ME....the most computer STUPID person on the toy boards has to remind all you computer & video game savvy people that today's computer can generate TENS OF THOUSANDS OF DIFFERENT SADE'S OF ANY ONE COLOR!

Why is it so important to pigeon hole every action figure into your own concept of what it should be?

Yes, it can generate plenty of different shades, but that isn't the point. If you have a blue cowl in very dark light, it will look black... but it is still a blue cowl. A yellow banana under a red lamp is still yellow.

The problem with figuring out what color it actually is is that the game seemed somewhat inconsistent. If you look at the two screenshots right above, there's no reason why in lighting situations that similar, the darkness of the cowl would be that drastic.

I just figure that the actual cowl is blue, since a blue cowl will look black in the dark, but a black cowl (no matter what years of seeing the highlights on Venom's costume might tell you) won't look blue.

Seeing those pics, I'm pretty sure that the suit is black. Often time black will be "so black it's blue" depending on the lighting.

Really hope they get it right.

racist. :horror

that's what my black friend says about the native africans "they're so black, they're blue!" :lol

202-black-from-hair.gif

Back