Premium Format DC Comics Superman Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the feedback...It is a such a great classic image that i may have to give it a whirl...cost of entry is not crazy either so I guess if it turns out I do not like it then it could be moved on to better home...also when I mention "Doll Like" I did not mean this one in particular as it actually took me a bit to realize it might be a fabric suit.

I would like to put together a Justice League set that is similar to the Avengers Assemble set I pre-ordered....I know this has the Wonder Woman and Batman and you have Supe's and Batman in fabric and then Lantern and Wonder Woman are full sculpts....kind of would like to do a set that is somewhat consistent....any suggestions?

Fabric suits have come a loooong way with sideshow. Early on, I was a strictly fully sculpted guy. I hated the fabric sideshow used. However, when I saw pics of Superman and Batman I couldn't believe how good the costumes looked so I rolled the dice and bought them. When Bats arrived, my wife was blown away with how good he looked. I laughed and said I agree. Then I told her I can't believe that I bought a statue with cloth on it. She looked at me kinda puzzled and insisted...that's not cloth (she knew how much I hated cloth costumes). When I told her it was, she didn't believe me. She actually got up and touched the Bats PF to see if I was joking with her. She was shocked to see it was a mixed media piece. That's how good of a job sideshow did on Bats and Supes costumes. They easily mix in well with other fully sculpted pieces.

Be aware that the Trinity PFs are all 1/4 scale. Batman is even slightly larger than 1/4 scale. So, if you decide to give the Trinity PFs a chance, they will be larger than your Avengers Assemble pieces. Those are all in 1/5 scale. If that doesn't bother you then I'd say go for it. The Bats, Supes, and WW PFs all look phenomenal.

I love how the Trinity looks together. I'm debating on whether or not to get Aquaman and GL to expand my JLA or to pick up Bane. Aquaman turned out great, but he seems smaller compared to the Trinity in all the videos and pics that I've seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love how the Trinity looks together. I'm debating on whether or not to get Aquaman and GL to expand my JLA or to pick up Bane. Aquaman turned out great, but he seems smaller compared to the Trinity in all the videos and pics that I've seen.

I have Aquaman. He's every bit 1/4 scale. It's the tall bases on the Trinity that makes him look smaller. The only piece that's not quite 1/4 scale is the OG GL PF. He's in between 1/5 and 1/4. However, if he's not displayed right next to Batman, he blends in just fine. Since Bats is slightly larger than 1/4 scale, everyone tends to look smallish around him.

Yeah you're right about Batman. I would have preferred Aquaman and all of the original 7 to be similar height wise instead of the tiered skyline motif that SS were going for. Aquaman has one of the best EXs that I can remember.

Yeah you're right about Batman. I would have preferred Aquaman and all of the original 7 to be similar height wise instead of the tiered skyline motif that SS were going for. Aquaman has one of the best EXs that I can remember.

Yeah, it's a great looking PF with a fantastic EX. I'm going for the entire Big 7 if SSC releases them all. Need Flash and Martian Manhunter and then I'm good. Leaving a spot open for Green Arrow if he turns out good. Of course then i'd probably pick up Black Canary to pair up with him as well. :lol

Fabric suits have come a loooong way with sideshow. Early on, I was a strictly fully sculpted guy. I hated the fabric sideshow used. However, when I saw pics of Superman and Batman I couldn't believe how good the costumes looked so I rolled the dice and bought them. When Bats arrived, my wife was blown away with how good he looked. I laughed and said I agree. Then I told her I can't believe that I bought a statue with cloth on it. She looked at me kinda puzzled and insisted...that's not cloth (she knew how much I hated cloth costumes). When I told her it was, she didn't believe me. She actually got up and touched the Bats PF to see if I was joking with her. She was shocked to see it was a mixed media piece. That's how good of a job sideshow did on Bats and Supes costumes. They easily mix in well with other fully sculpted pieces.

Be aware that the Trinity PFs are all 1/4 scale. Batman is even slightly larger than 1/4 scale. So, if you decide to give the Trinity PFs a chance, they will be larger than your Avengers Assemble pieces. Those are all in 1/5 scale. If that doesn't bother you then I'd say go for it. The Bats, Supes, and WW PFs all look phenomenal.

Thanks everyone that replied...I appreciate it

Thanks for the information Filip and glad to hear it..especially since you were against the mixed media as well. The Avengers will be in a different display area so the size difference will not be an issue...Think Batman is sold out so will have too look at secondary market...I understand there were a few minor issues with the early releases. I most likely will have some sort of multi level base unit with 3 or 4 minor different heights that I will build so I can account for any minor size differences that way.

Thanks everyone that replied...I appreciate it

Thanks for the information Filip and glad to hear it..especially since you were against the mixed media as well. The Avengers will be in a different display area so the size difference will not be an issue...Think Batman is sold out so will have too look at secondary market...I understand there were a few minor issues with the early releases. I most likely will have some sort of multi level base unit with 3 or 4 minor different heights that I will build so I can account for any minor size differences that way.

Batman is sold out but the prices on him are very reasonable in the aftermarket. You can get a REG for under retail or an EX for right around retail. Batman and Superman in particular are phenomenal statues. Truly iconic pieces in my book.

Yeah, it's a great looking PF with a fantastic EX. I'm going for the entire Big 7 if SSC releases them all. Need Flash and Martian Manhunter and then I'm good. Leaving a spot open for Green Arrow if he turns out good. Of course then i'd probably pick up Black Canary to pair up with him as well. :lol

N you shall keep going and going... hahaha

Fixed my lean! Perfect. Took metal tape (duct tape would work). Put strips only on the right side (when facing statue) of the WIDE part of rear peg u into it would BARELY slide into slot in base. Then did same to front peg. Took a little fore to get in but NO lean with sculpted cape.

Fixed my lean! Perfect. Took metal tape (duct tape would work). Put strips only on the right side (when facing statue) of the WIDE part of rear peg u into it would BARELY slide into slot in base. Then did same to front peg. Took a little fore to get in but NO lean with sculpted cape.

Only did the side of the pegs that the statue want to lean to. This forces it back to where it should rest. It can't lean because the metal tape won't let it anymore.

Have before and after pics? Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Unfortunately no. But I took a level to the line on his S and it's perfect. I'm happy with the results. Very happy. Anyone who has lean can try for a $4 roll of tape.

Please share the pics and how you do it buddy. Cheers

I wish I would have taken pics when I did it as now it's in nice and tight and don't want to pull him out of base. On back foot peg, just put 1-2 pices of tape on the LARGER part of peg on the side it want to lean towards. Don't wrap tape all the way around. Only on the side it wants to lean to, the front and back sides of the shorter wider peg. Then wrap the long skinny front foot peg once or maybe twice all the way around. You should have to use some force to get the statue to sit flush on base again. If you use too much tape it won't go in. Just pull it out, cut off the tape and start again.

Back