Premium Format DC Comics Superman Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why the hell are they doing that? That doesn't seem fair at all. I know it's not that big of a deal but it just seems strange. It should be in the order in which the PO was made...common sense. If this is going to be the case going forward, I guess I will just flex pay everything.

I was a day 1 PO on flex. They've been charging me for a while. Do they charge your credit card the day you 1st day PO full pay?

If not, the way I see it, theyve had my money... all but my last payment... alot longer than they've had anyone who pays all at once when it's ready to ship now regardless of payment style.

So I could see them seeing both sides of the argument and varying on statues on who gets what first.

I am amazed by this decision. It is the first time SS has ever changed/added to an exclusive (at least that I can recall).

I hate the twizzler eyes and had no intention of getting the exclusive until my AD went out of business and was unable to fullfil my order. I would have been pissed to miss out on this and potentially pay a mark up on ebay.

I wonder if SS can let us know if changes are in the works for the Reeve pf? It certainly received more negativity that the comic book version.

Woah dude, relax, I wasn't demanding anyone do anything, but merely stating why I wouldn't use flex pay. If you can't manage your money and/or want to throw it away, have at it. I won't judge :rotfl
I am relaxed. Did I say you were making any demands? The only thing I stated was that peeps are entitled to do whatever they want with their money and that some collectors find flexpay beneficial. For some it's a way to manage their money. What I do find amusing is your statement above that flexpayers can't manage their own money and want to throw it away. I guess you're just smarter than the rest of us who use the flexpay option. I gotta ask though...if you are so good at managing your finances, why are you worried about not being able to afford a statue you ordered a year or two down the road?

I have been using flexpay pretty regularly for about 3 years now. I know what I want and I like breaking the payments up over time. I have never lost an NRD nor have I been penalized for canceling a flexpay order. I also don't worry about being able to afford anything I have on PO a year or 2 from now. Ironically enough, it's because I do a fair job of managing my money.

I am amazed by this decision. It is the first time SS has ever changed/added to an exclusive (at least that I can recall).

No, it's happened before. The Thanos dio went up for PO with no light up feature. After the PO they added a light up infinity gauntlet. The Green Lantern PF also had light up features added after it went up for PO. I believe the Psylocke PF even had a complete change on one of her face portraits after she went up For PO. I'm just not sure if it was the EX portrait on her or the REG. This does happen...just not very often.

Well, if they did that for this Superman they must be doing something for the Reeve one; crossing my fingers that at the very least they will redo the face sculpt and get rid of the chess piece looking base. Doubt that they would do anything about the awkward pose, though, that would be too much of a change for a revealed piece. Completely excited about getting the DC PF!

As for the wait, I don't mind the wait at this point for Superman since I just bought the HCG 1:1 Terminator Endoarm Replica to close out my Terminator collection. I got a great deal on it on EBay with an in store 10% coupon that was going to expire on Sunday and so I had no choice but to pull the trigger on it and buy it.

Happy collecting !!

Max Power

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ebay prices for the EX will be through the roof now... Now I'm kind of glad SS wouldn't refund my NRD on this which forced me to keep it... :)

That makes a lot of sense. It's to bad they don't let you pay for it when it's ordered.

Don't know and more importantly don't care.

Woah dude, relax, I wasn't demanding anyone do anything, but merely stating why I wouldn't use flex pay. If you can't manage your money and/or want to throw it away, have at it. I won't

Are there any pictures of the new eyes? I am dying to see them.

Please explain how someone is throwing their money away by flex paying.

Get over flex ffs. Don't like it, don't use it. No one wants to read these garbage posts. No wonder the reps hang out over at sf

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

No, it's happened before. The Thanos dio went up for PO with no light up feature. After the PO they added a light up infinity gauntlet. The Green Lantern PF also had light up features added after it went up for PO. I believe the Psylocke PF even had a complete change on one of her face portraits after she went up For PO. I'm just not sure if it was the EX portrait on her or the REG. This does happen...just not very often.

Been leaving this thread alone for a while (too many flex pay discussions perhaps ;)) but this is good news. They do change stuff as mentioned, if strong community support for it, which is partly why I ordered the ex on superman despite spaghetti eyes (initially thinking the ex portrait eyes might be light up if a light up base in the end product). Another example not mentioned is the edition of light up features to the Darth Malgus PF.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry the offtpic guys but I need to say this

With details like these,that eyes of super Pf will be able to be removable ,makes me regain faith in Sideshow Collectibles,because this gives the impression that they read the forums,worry about we are saying and realize our concerns, this is what makes BIG a company and not the number of sales,

thanks SsAlex too for keeping us informed

So finaly we will can see something like this,this is really great

2DEF0C01-0F25-4DC1-93C8-86C0F898D789_zpswpn8qdma.jpg

I'm going to guess that the red eyes will be magnetic, right? I'd think you'd need some kind of magnetic tool to fish them out. At least the squiggles have a bit of leverage.

I'd hate to choose and then over time go "I wish I didn't choose that option."

But it is cool that there is an option now.

I second that. Maybe in the regards that your losing potential interest on your funds that sideshow holds? Lol

LOL! What interest rate? Banks aren't even giving out .5% rates nowadays. If your money isn't in the markets (which carries its own risk factor) you aren't going to be making any real $$$ in a checking, savings, CD, or money market account nowadays. As I said before, peeps have the right to spend their dollars however they want. If you have a statue on PO, you are going to have to pay it off eventually. It doesn't matter if you pay it off in payments or at one time. The bottom line is if someone can't afford what they have on PO, maybe they are in the wrong hobby. I'm just speaking in general terms. Please don't take my post personally.

Back