Premium Format DC Comics Superman Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those figs were the bomb man - the hall of justice playlet, the carry case, I love em I'll post my vid of em from my channel, makes me wanna go get em out and look at em.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EjJ-6Tx63o&feature=g-upl[/ame]

man this vid is old I'll have to update with my new camera.

Oooh, yes, let's have a $400 Kenner statue!

superman1sfpa.jpg

Im in if we get the free comic :yess:

Um it's actually the opposite. Most comic artists draw Characters with no body fat, all muscle. Alex Ross actually uses live models he photographs for his poses to get a more realistic human look. Generally he uses models that are in great shape but he isn't creating anything that is completely ridiculous.

alex-ross-justice-league.jpg

Yeh as soon as I read his post I was like :cuckoo: . Alex Ross is ultra realistic in his paintings and only draws his Superheroes with very grounded physics. His Superman is classic.

Yeh as soon as I read his post I was like :cuckoo: . Alex Ross is ultra realistic in his paintings and only draws his Superheroes with very grounded physics. His Superman is classic.

Yeah I've actually watched Video of Alex producing his paintings. I wanted to see his technique which is pretty astounding. I've been wanting to try out some of things I've seen him do but I haven't worked in watercolor in a quite a while. Maybe when I get some free time.

Um it's actually the opposite. Most comic artists draw Characters with no body fat, all muscle. Alex Ross actually uses live models he photographs for his poses to get a more realistic human look. Generally he uses models that are in great shape but he isn't creating anything that is completely ridiculous.

alex-ross-justice-league.jpg

As much as I love that pic & Ross's artwork I can't help but wonder why he's drawn it with everybody standing on someone else's toes ;)

One day I will own an Alex Ross piece to hang on my wall

Neil

Yeah I've actually watched Video of Alex producing his paintings. I wanted to see his technique which is pretty astounding. I've been wanting to try out some of things I've seen him do but I haven't worked in watercolor in a quite a while. Maybe when I get some free time.

I love how just sketches with a dinky hb pencil and then ends up with a masterpiece. Yeh his paintings and drawings seem so effortless for him. Interesting to see his use of photographic reference as well.

Back