Premium Format DC Comics Superman Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So anybody order the reg today?

Am I the only one hating the EX worms? All I see is no/yes waitlist, and edition number speculations. Yes, I is announced, nothing we can do about it, but it did not stop people in the past from expressing their opinion on sculpt variations....

read the past 100+ pages most of us are not fans of the red "WORMS"

read the past 100+ pages most of us are not fans of the red "WORMS"

Ardeth have you seen them on a good big screen???? As for the word MOST... I would be careful using it... Here is a pic of the poll over at SF

null_zpsc5e7eb68.jpg

Almost 50% are fine with the... 30% are buying them anyway... Another 10% are getting the regular, and 10% weren't getting it anyway.

So in reality out of the people who were going to actually BUY the statue probably 55-60% don't mind the Ex, and another 30% are still going to get it.

Honestly, there are just as many people who like the Ex as who don't, maybe even more, but as happens most often in life THOSE WHO ARE UNHAPPY SCREAM the LOUDEST!!! However, that doesn't make them the majority. :lecture

Red worms are coming our say didn't do anything and SS didn't even respond to us about what we think at all. So much for customer service. :(

1st statueforum sucks, I could care less what's said over there.
It's just my opinion , the worms take away from what is a great head sculpt. Yes they look just as bad on a 70" tv as they do an iPad.
With 40+ PF's I have earned the right to voice my opinion, that is unless as the self appointed king of this thread no one else's opinion matters. And yes, EX ordered!

Red worms are coming our say didn't do anything and SS didn't even respond to us about what we think at all. So much for customer service. :(

You don't speak for "us" CBG any more then I do.

1st statueforum sucks, I could care less what's said over there.
It's just my opinion , the worms take away from what is a great head sculpt. Yes they look just as bad on a 70" tv as they do an iPad.
With 40+ PF's I have earned the right to voice my opinion, that is unless as the self appointed king of this thread no one else's opinion matters. And yes, EX ordered!

I am not the King it is a JOKE with some friends, and all I said was be careful about using the term MOST. You are entitled to your opinion the same way I am entitled to mine, but if you are saying that "most" are not fans of the Ex then you are ignoring quit a few people here who have said they are. Also, saying statue forum sucks and you don't care what they say over there is a crap argument. It was a poll, guys not unlike us voted in it, hell some of them are us. Just because it doesn't agree with your opinion doesn't make it a crap poll anymore then your opinion is crap. They simply disagree which is FINE because BOTH are equally valid. Personally I simply asked you a question and made a point, it wasn't against you as a person or even how you feel about the EX.

Personally I love the EX, you don't, which one of us is right? Well opinions are rarely right or wrong they are simply opinions, and I can respect yours, can you respect mine???

If the ex is LE I quit and I will eat the NRD and never look back.

:exactly::goodpost: (Or if they do an LE for the Reg I will cancel my Ex order). :thud: I want a reasonable ES like 5000 or 6000 in total. Then give me a Reeve PF with the same amount ES and I will buy both. If they do an LE on either I won't buy either of them except for far cheaper on ebay one day maybe just IMHO.

We get both heads with the ex right? So who wouldn't get the ex? Just swap it out for the regular head sculpt. I don't see what the problem is.

Yeah the Ex is the ONLY one that you get both portraits. However, some international collectors will get the Reg to save money by getting through an AD.I would consider it if I hated the EX... Oh who am I kidding no I wouldn't this is Superman, I wanted the Ex before I saw it...lol. However it helps that I like the extra portrait.

:exactly::goodpost: (Or if they do an LE for the Reg I will cancel my Ex order). :thud: I want a reasonable ES like 5000 or 6000 in total. Then give me a Reeve PF with the same amount ES and I will buy both. If they do an LE on either I won't buy either of them except for far cheaper on ebay one day maybe just IMHO.

So WHAT if the Reeve PF IS also a LIMITED EDITION seeing as that one will be done at least impart for charity I would suspect. So selling more of them would make more for BOTH SSC and for the Christopher Reeve Foundation... :lecture

Yeah the Ex is the ONLY one that you get both portraits. However, some international collectors will get the Reg to save money by getting through an AD.I would consider it if I hated the EX... Oh who am I kidding no I wouldn't this is Superman, I wanted the Ex before I saw it...lol. However it helps that I like the extra portrait.

So WHAT if the Reeve PF IS also a LIMITED EDITION seeing as that one will be done at least impart for charity I would suspect. So selling more of them would make more for BOTH SSC and for the Christopher Reeve Foundation... :lecture

Well that would be awesome IF SS does that for charity. I would however still prefer NUMBERED edition sizes for PFs. These are still collectibles and I'd like to know how many of each SS made. Just a difference of opinion. We can agree to disagree. :dunno

Well that would be awesome IF SS does that for charity. I would however still prefer NUMBERED edition sizes for PFs. These are still collectibles and I'd like to know how many of each SS made. Just a difference of opinion. We can agree to disagree. :dunno

Believe me , he will:slap

Actually I TOTALLY agree... Having numbered statues makes them more special in my eyes as well. I think most collectors FEEL that way. The only Limited Edition I am currently considering is the Hulk Maquette because it is such a fantastic piece of art of one of m favorite characters of ALL time.

Believe me , he will:slap

Nope:nana:

LMAO probably but that's all right. I won't get my blood pressure up over it. :1-1: I really hope they modify the Ex portrait though but it's not likely to happen.

Did you read my response:slap? I hope they don't alter it since many like it, but I do hope they include a red eyed only version, so a third head. So EVERYONE could be happy, but they probably won't do that either

Actually I TOTALLY agree... Having numbered statues makes them more special in my eyes as well. I think most collectors FEEL that way. The only Limited Edition I am currently considering is the Hulk Maquette because it is such a fantastic piece of art of one of m favorite characters of ALL time.

Nope:nana:

Thanks Spidey, I had zero interest in the Hulk because of this reason. It just seems like an expensive toy without being numbered. Yeah for me it's a collectibles thing. Hopefully the do the right thing with Supes. I'm actually pretty sure he will be numbered.

Did you read my response:slap? I hope they don't alter it since many like it, but I do hope they include a red eyed only version, so a third head. So EVERYONE could be happy, but they probably won't do that either

Won't happen but we can hope. Altering the Ex really should be done though. Even to make the worms magnetic or something. It would be easy to have metalic eyes painted red or something. Then one could "stick" the worms on. It's a beautiful sculpt gone to waist on the Ex IMO.

Back