David Ayer's Academy Award winning "Suicide Squad"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC's "Suicide Squad" (August 5th, 2016)

I feel like he was enamored with her in the film. I know he doesn't give two ****s about her from the animated series and the comics and their relationship is very abusive. In the film, it felt more like they were a mob couple...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Animated Joker replaced her when he got rich in one episode. He didn't want to waste the money to get her out of jail, so he decided to just hire a new Harley.

It was B-roll material so I have no idea. It's obvious they'd never go with such a crass Joker though so who knows if the film would benefit from it. There's even more outside the stuff omitted that we've seen from the trailers, we'd have to see them all reinserted to know for sure.

Sounds like they wanted to protect their 'Joker brand'. Keeping the Joker/Harley abusive side in there would have maybe pleased hardcore fans but it would have divided the general audience to the point where they just disliked him as a character (acting and design aside).

Sounds like they wanted to protect their 'Joker brand'. Keeping the Joker/Harley abusive side in there would have maybe pleased hardcore fans but it would have divided the general audience to the point where they just disliked him as a character (acting and design aside).

Yup,

Kid friendly Joker.

Mass murder allowed, abusive relationship off limits.

:goodpost: .... Problem is they (movie studios) are afraid to offend people if they actually portray the relationship between Joker & Harley as it has been in the comics for years. Even with an "R" rating, there would've been many outspoken people about how it's inappropriate to show on film, even though it's still a problem in the "real world" with many people being in abusive relationships. But if we ignore it it'll go away. Too many people would think the opposite and feel it's being glamorized as opposed to showing how awful it really is....
I know, "what about the kids? Isn't this a comicbook movie?", and the endless stream of feminist bile from seeing a nasty villain being nasty against a woman.

We'll probably never gonna get a true Harley/Joker relationship in this age when people complain so much and the studios are as indulgent as WB has been lately.

It now does, in record time though. One day?

Just hire Nolan back, pay him 80 gazillion dollars and let him do his thing, WB.

They showed us a tease for his upcoming movie, which was like 30 seconds, the crowd went wild.

I felt bad since some sexy cosplayer as Harley, got stood up and was sad as eagerly waiting for her movie date...

I can tell you that the joker they were aiming for WORKED. I didn't see him as a protagonist, but more of an innocent bystander, in love with Harley just like BTAS, and I love it, he's not doing gangster stuff, he just wants to find her, that aspect of his story, worked.

Sent from Le iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk - now Free

Well it's a lot less likely for viewers to turn into mass murderers than for them to turn into domestic abusers.

Also, if HQ was being abused and still stayed, it could influence people in similar situations.

I think they struck the relationship perfectly in the film. Yes, he was a villain but everything he did to her was her choice.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Bunch of haters on this forum. This movie is good enough. Not great but good enough.

A little too much music but there's a lot of characters so why not.
Joker is a disappointment. He's like Penguin after Catwoman(Harley). He's just different kind of Joker. That kiss his hand is crap. Any criminal would know he can loose a finger like that. His laugh not memorable.
Killer Croc is a joke. He's as big as one of the soldier, even with his scales, but with a gigantic head.
Enchantress is the best.
Harley is good.
Everyone's ok.
Batman there just long enough that people know he exist, lol.
Action on this movie is good enough.
Flash was a surprise.

What I'd do to have a 'Nolan given up' quality of film now :lol

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Hell, I know I wasn't a fan of TDKR, and I've given Nolan my fare share of ****, but hell if this isn't true.

TDKR is a MASTERPIECE compared to the abominations coming out left and right from WB.

I seriously appreciate what Nolan did more than ever now.

I wouldn't want Nolan after TDKR. That's crazy talk. Besides, he would never take a shot at some of these characters. A Superman film or Suicide Squad movie from him would be just as bad. His heart wouldn't be in it. Say what you will, but tackling just Batman and his villain of the week is a lot easier to get right than say, a Batman/Superman/Wonder Woman movie, or something obscure to general audiences like Suicide Squad, or the Justice League.

Every director should get two tries at comic book movies. No more, no less. Snyder's alotment should be up. I'm sure there are dozens of visionaries chomping at the bit to tackle some of these characters on film, let them have a chance.

Hell, I know I wasn't a fan of TDKR, and I've given Nolan my fare share of ****, but hell if this isn't true.

TDKR is a MASTERPIECE compared to the abominations coming out left and right from WB.

I seriously appreciate what Nolan did more than ever now.

Begins is still my favourite of the trilogy. TDK is great but Begins has a sort of mood around it TDK and TDKR don't.

Got back from the theater. Seen it 3 times now, which is a record for me cuz I've never seen any other movie more than once in the theaters. There's something about this movie that I love it more and more each time I see it. Suicide Squad was also the first movie I've ever watched twice in a row (15 minute break between showings). I'm loving the fact that each new viewing I'm picking up more tiny details etc.

Honestly I could go see it again tomorrow and I still wouldn't be bored by it. I'm gonna wait I guess for a week at least till I see it for the 4th time.

I think I'll appreciate a good amount of things more on my next watch, but one thing that will never change is how bad Croc is. That and I have to say the end battle is some of the worst CGI I've ever seen

As a 39 year old guy I would've loved to see the scenes that show J & Harley's relationship as the violent, toxic, Arkham-crazy mess that it should be, but for all the obvious reasons mentioned, we know why it didn't make the cut. They made it as F'd up as they could to fit a PG-13 rating and not get certain people up and arms.

Check this out. (Still hate the track though)

I do want to give Leto's Joker another shot in my next watch, but I have to do my best to pretend I never saw this if I have any chance at all of appreciating this Joker

Got back from the theater. Seen it 3 times now, which is a record for me cuz I've never seen any other movie more than once in the theaters. There's something about this movie that I love it more and more each time I see it. Suicide Squad was also the first movie I've ever watched twice in a row (15 minute break between showings). I'm loving the fact that each new viewing I'm picking up more tiny details etc.

Honestly I could go see it again tomorrow and I still wouldn't be bored by it. I'm gonna wait I guess for a week at least till I see it for the 4th time.

Back in 1997 Titanic fans saw that movie like 100 times at the cinema, you still have a long way to go to reach insane fan level. :lol

Back