David Ayer's Academy Award winning "Suicide Squad"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC's "Suicide Squad" (August 5th, 2016)

Of course they whore em out, that is the only reason we notice. :lol

but yea I don't do the con thing either. My buddy convinced me to go to a horror one in Dallas in a couple weeks.

If they are good, they will get around.

Too many, way too many girls . Hundreds of thousands, oversaturated
If I didn't follow them I soul miss out because son are not as well known.

I just went to a con yesterday after not going for about 8 years. Last one I went to was Celebration V in Florida, and hated that so I dunno what I was thinking.

Pretty bad experience. Awful parking situation, thousands more than when I went in the past, crappy vendors trying to peddle modern garbage that can be found in stores for triple the price (and you can't even haggle the guys with cool vintage stuff, even if it's an honest, fair offer), and tons and tons of cosplayers. The whole place smells like **** too with a ton of fatsos that smell like old farts and cafeteria food. I also noticed that the majority of the attendees were women (wasn't like that a decade ago), which I guess is cool except half of them were dressed up as ****ing Rey from the Force Awakens. :lol The highlight (I guess if you want to call it that) was going to the bathroom and taking a piss by the guy that played Napoleon Dynamite.

I didn't buy a single thing, I was actually proud of myself walking out. I went with $400 in my pocket and walked out with $400 in my pocket. I was in there for about an hour and a half and I come back to the parking lot only to find . . . . that my car was missing. My car got towed and they took it all the way into the middle of the city. Had to pay $225. Turns out in the past year, the retail stores implemented a new policy where they look for non-customers and aggressively tow them out of there. Good times!

Honestly, I can't think of a single vacation, concert, book signing, or any "special" event that has been worth going to. Even planning carefully ahead of time, trying to beat out other people in lines by going early isn't worth the suffering and aggravation that comes with crowds or crappy people trying to bleed others out of their money. Worst experience was probably when I went to Rome and it wasn't even tourist season.

Yea I hope that horror thing isn't anything like that. :lol

Just going to see the actors, ain't paying their outrageous prices for a pic or signature.

I just went to a con yesterday after not going for about 8 years. Last one I went to was Celebration V in Florida, and hated that so I dunno what I was thinking.

Pretty bad experience. Awful parking situation, thousands more than when I went in the past, crappy vendors trying to peddle modern garbage that can be found in stores for triple the price (and you can't even haggle the guys with cool vintage stuff, even if it's an honest, fair offer), and tons and tons of cosplayers. The whole place smells like **** too with a ton of fatsos that smell like old farts and cafeteria food. I also noticed that the majority of the attendees were women (wasn't like that a decade ago), which I guess is cool except half of them were dressed up as ****ing Rey from the Force Awakens. :lol The highlight (I guess if you want to call it that) was going to the bathroom and taking a piss by the guy that played Napoleon Dynamite.

I didn't buy a single thing, I was actually proud of myself walking out. I went with $400 in my pocket and walked out with $400 in my pocket. I was in there for about an hour and a half and I come back to the parking lot only to find . . . . that my car was missing. My car got towed and they took it all the way into the middle of the city. Had to pay $225. Turns out in the past year, the retail stores implemented a new policy where they look for non-customers and aggressively tow them out of there. Good times!

Honestly, I can't think of a single vacation, concert, book signing, or any "special" event that has been worth going to. Even planning carefully ahead of time, trying to beat out other people in lines by going early isn't worth the suffering and aggravation that comes with crowds or crappy people trying to bleed others out of their money. Worst experience was probably when I went to Rome and it wasn't even tourist season.

The price thing is SO true!

Toys that were 70, I do a quick online search, they are 14 online... :lol

Paper posters that cost 5.99 at WalMart, 35 bucks :lol :lol

I've had a great time and found awesome deals just as many times as i've had horrible experiences at cons, sometimes during the same con lol.

The thing that sucks is the smart phone. Most of the vendors use the highest ebay prices as a guide for their own crap. You try and talk to them and they pull that page up and are like "SEE, SEE". It's not rational.

Also, if I got a nickel for every ****er trying to sell that that old 1989 Batman cereal bank with peeling face sticker, I would have been able to pay off that towing fee without feeling bad. I saw so many of this ****ing thing,

garbage.jpg

The amount of Star Wars and Power Rangers junk was nuts too. Most of it wasn't even old, retro stuff. And all the celebs were nobodies. I felt bad seeing David Prowse there man. I remember going to one as a kid and getting his autograph, but now, ****, he looks sad. Nobody even really goes to his table. I saw the chick that played the TX Terminator just walking around the convention floor for a bit too.

Getting your car towed will ruin any con, any trip, any event no matter how great it was.

That just plain blows.

Cons are basically work for me now, though I do squeeze in as much fun and debauchery as I can.

SDCC every year since 2004. It's become a slog, but I still dig it even if I need to take 27 showers and sleep for a week after.

Dragon Con every year since 1996 (though I am quickly outgrowing that one... It's just a big nerdy frat party now, and is mostly about "cosplayers" showing off. Bleh,).

Heroes Con in Charlotte is probably my favorite. Actually focused on comics (ALL of the Guests are either writers or artists and half of the Exhibit Hall is Artists Alley) and is neither too big or too small, and relatively very family friendly. If Golidlocks was seeking comic cons, this one is "just right".

Star Wars Celebration. I haven't gone to one as an Attendee since Celebration III in 2005. Since then it's been all behind-the-scenes and co-running the Droid Builders stuff. It's a blast, but honestly I'm not sure I'd even go as an attendee now. Just too many lines and such. I don't do lines. :lol

The thing that sucks is the smart phone. Most of the vendors use the highest ebay prices as a guide for their own crap. You try and talk to them and they pull that page up and are like "SEE, SEE". It's not rational.

Also, if I got a nickel for every ****er trying to sell that that old 1989 Batman cereal bank with peeling face sticker, I would have been able to pay off that towing fee without feeling bad. I saw so many of this ****ing thing,

View attachment 259132

The amount of Star Wars and Power Rangers junk was nuts too. Most of it wasn't even old, retro stuff. And all the celebs were nobodies. I felt bad seeing David Prowse there man. I remember going to one as a kid and getting his autograph, but now, ****, he looks sad. Nobody even really goes to his table. I saw the chick that played the TX Terminator just walking around the convention floor for a bit too.

Steel City Con? My buddy met Jon Heder, as well, though, admittedly, not at a urinal, so, you win.:lol That's how I felt when I went and Peter Mayhew was there. I went to meet John Wesley Shipp, since my buddy wanted to go, anyway, and people did start trickling in as it went on, but, yeah, I just walked over and started talking to him and he was really excited to talk about how good The Force Awakens was going to be (I should mention this was prior to the movie coming out).

It made me laugh, though, because I know exactly what you mean about the crazy prices. I went around the same time that Sideshow had those insane discounts on stuff like the '66 figures and the armory, and there were guys that were trying to charge like 900 bucks for the armory set with Alfred and Bruce.

The best memory I have of Celebration V is sneaking past the security, faking my pass, waiting for one of the vendors to come through the one way door on the other side of the convention center and getting into the Gentle Giant line before it opened up to the public just to get one of those stupid GG vintage "Kenner" Jumbo Boba Fett and Stormtrooper figures.

I remember this disabled couple behind me trying to call me out because I didn't have a certain character badge to be there or some **** (I went in and walked past security by turning my regular badge around so nobody saw the character or color). I was cracking up the entire time because nobody was paying attention to their cries.

Steel City Con? My buddy met Jon Heder, as well, though, admittedly, not at a urinal, so, you win.:lol That's how I felt when I went and Peter Mayhew was there. I went to meet John Wesley Shipp, since my buddy wanted to go, anyway, and people did start trickling in as it went on, but, yeah, I just walked over and started talking to him and he was really excited to talk about how good The Force Awakens was going to be (I should mention this was prior to the movie coming out).

It made me laugh, though, because I know exactly what you mean about the crazy prices. I went around the same time that Sideshow had those insane discounts on stuff like the '66 figures and the armory, and there were guys that were trying to charge like 900 bucks for the armory set with Alfred and Bruce.

Yup.

And on the point of the vendors, I recognized most of them from as far back as a decade ago despite not attending regularly. I'm going to assume they attend every year with the same stuff because I saw those same Hot Toys and Sideshow figures for the same ridiculous prices. I wonder if it's even worth it for them to set up all that crap and pay for the tables when nobody wants or is willing to pay for their stuff.

I remember this disabled couple behind me trying to call me out because I didn't have a certain character badge to be there or some **** (I went in and walked past security by turning my regular badge around so nobody saw the character or color). I was cracking up the entire time because nobody was paying attention to their cries.

:lol Some people do treat that stuff as a matter of life-and-death. Nerd stuff is SERIOUS BUSINESS, ya know!

Only been to one convention in Ireland. It was alright, I'd never been to one before so it was worth having a look I guess. There was a cool Keaton Batman walking around, the rest was Stormtroopers, the usual Jokers and girls in schoolgirl type uniforms....or maybe they were actual schoolgirls. Either way I felt bad for looking. :lol

I didn't buy anything either. Cheap trip.

Back