David Ayer's Academy Award winning "Suicide Squad"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC's "Suicide Squad" (August 5th, 2016)

You have a tumblr account dont you.

Nah, don't use it, nor does anyone I know. I don't think I've ever even seen a tumblr page, to be honest. I tend to stay away from most online social platforms apart from Facebook and the occasional forum. Why do you ask?

You're right about Seph being right. Let's talk about how Margo Robbie is totally miscast as Harley and how she almost ruined the trailer.

Not a fan? I think the 'voices in my head' line fell short of the mark, but other than that I really liked what I saw.

Nah, don't use it, nor does anyone I know. I don't think I've ever even seen a tumblr page, to be honest. I tend to stay away from most online social platforms apart from Facebook and the occasional forum. Why do you ask?

Not a fan? I think the 'voices in my head' line fell short of the mark, but other than that I really liked what I saw.

O no reason i just wanted to know.

GOOD. Because I think she's going to kill it.

Last edited by a moderator:

That shot is offensive. Women aren't pieces of meat. I agree with Donna Dickens' article that this is an outrage. Harley Quinn is by far my favorite superhero character. She’s complex and troubled and very, very human. But “Suicide Squad” has really turned me off, it's an insult to the character. Does she have to do that and be scantly dressed? It doesn't make her seem like a very strong character. It just seems like the imagery of a prepubescent boy’s dream. I want to see a strong, complex character, a woman that needs no man, someone like Rey, the chracter from my favorite film, Star Wars: The Force Awakens. I won't go as far as to say I'm boycotting this Suicide Squad movie, but I do find it very offensive as a feminist.

I've no issue with that whatsoever. Just because I'm a feminist doesn't also mean I'm NOT a hot-blooded man. But also, not all feminists agree that the same stuff is offensive or sexist. You know, kind of like how people in general don't always agree on the same things.

But seriously dude, let it go.

That shot is offensive. Women aren't pieces of meat. I agree with Donna Dickens' article that this is an outrage. Harley Quinn is by far my favorite superhero character. She’s complex and troubled and very, very human. But “Suicide Squad” has really turned me off, it's an insult to the character. Does she have to do that and be scantly dressed? It doesn't make her seem like a very strong character. It just seems like the imagery of a prepubescent boy’s dream. I want to see a strong, complex character, a woman that needs no man, someone like Rey, the chracter from my favorite film, Star Wars: The Force Awakens. I won't go as far as to say I'm boycotting this Suicide Squad movie, but I do find it very offensive as a feminist.

Really? I mean... really? People are just to sensitive. It's just skin. There is nothing wrong with sexuality.

Last edited:

Yes, very problematic indeed.

No there is two different ways to view this.

Number 1 is a woman can wear and do whatever she wants and not be judged by a man or be sexulized. its ok for a woman to be sexy and show off her body and even be nude.

Number 2 is a woman isnt a sex object used for the pleasure of men and there desires. Wearing such clothing is pandering to horny males.

thats just some of the arguments i've seen

Crows, why won't you let it go? He's asked you too. We were back on topic and then you start again.
To be honest, we all have our own opinions. I think Harley is beautiful in this and I like the casting. If you like it cool, if you don't cool. Let's get back into the movie as I'm so tired of the crap in this thread. I actually wish an admin would delete everything to do with the article so then we can talk on the movie.
I think this movie will be great as well as BVS and WW and so on. It's exciting times to be a collector and a lover of superhero films.

Crows, why won't you let it go? He's asked you too. We were back on topic and then you start again.
To be honest, we all have our own opinions. I think Harley is beautiful in this and I like the casting. If you like it cool, if you don't cool. Let's get back into the movie as I'm so tired of the crap in this thread. I actually wish an admin would delete everything to do with the article so then we can talk on the movie.
I think this movie will be great as well as BVS and WW and so on. It's exciting times to be a collector and a lover of superhero films.

Amen. I also think she's beautiful and particularly well cast, I hope she plays Harley in future films also. I keep wavering as to whether I'm more excited for Squad or BvS, but either way, this year is going to be amazing and very detrimental to my finances. Because I will buy all of the Hot Toys.

You will see will Smith taking his shirt off, same diff. If Robbie feels objectified she will tell you she doesn't need other people to tell how she feels. I respect women but I'm not going to ignore my sexual desire because people are sensitive weirdos.

Yeah I'm in the same boat. I'm a DC fan more than marvel so I'm going to be broke most likely.

Yeah I'm in the same boat. I'm a DC fan more than marvel so I'm going to be broke most likely.

I love both, but Marvel's had its time. I look forward to their future films, but I'm so ready for DC to have it's day. I'd love to see Suicide Squad become a franchise, with an ever-changing roster. It'd be a great way to incorporate some villains that might otherwise be neglected from other scripts.

I love both, but Marvel's had its time. I look forward to their future films, but I'm so ready for DC to have it's day. I'd love to see Suicide Squad become a franchise, with an ever-changing roster. It'd be a great way to incorporate some villains that might otherwise be neglected from other scripts.

Yeah I'd love that! Especially as a lot of the suicide squad are batman villains.

Love this shot from the recent trailer:

sst079.jpg

I think Leto's going to knock it out of the park. Get rid of the tattoos and as others have said, explain away the teeth by saying Batman knocked out his real ones, and I think he'd be perfect. Ish.

Love this shot from the recent trailer:

sst079.jpg

I think Leto's going to knock it out of the park. Get rid of the tattoos and as others have said, explain away the teeth by saying Batman knocked out his real ones, and I think he'd be perfect. Ish.

Some great moments for the Joker in the new trailer. I think he will indeed do a good job and I agree about the teeth. Explain it in a good way and it will bother me less. The tattoos are fine in my opinion

Back