David Ayer's Academy Award winning "Suicide Squad"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC's "Suicide Squad" (August 5th, 2016)

Joker = Robin? That would be stupid. That's up there with the Tom Hardy Max being the feral kid in Road Warrior or Pratt in Jurassic World being the fat kid in Jurassic Park. People even said the same thing about the Heath Ledger Joker before Rises started filming, that the Ledger Joker was an imposter or something. :lol

Besides, Leto and Affleck are the same age. This Joker is Joker.

Joker = Robin? That would be stupid. That's up there with the Tom Hardy Max being the feral kid in Road Warrior or Pratt in Jurassic World being the fat kid in Jurassic Park. People even said the same thing about the Heath Ledger Joker before Rises started filming, that the Ledger Joker was an imposter or something. :lol

Besides, Leto and Affleck are the same age. This Joker is Joker.

Speaking of which, I like how Leto's Joker looks youthful despite being older than Batman...or Affleck. Reminds me of TDKR, because I always thought Joker looked younger than Batman in that book, even though they were about the same age.

Leto looks like in his late 20's, he doesn't even look as old as Ben.

Plus remember people used to say Leto's Joker had a robin tattooed on his arm?

May be a dumb theory, but it's fun to think about.

It's not something I particularly want to see, but a Robin being turned into a Joker, now that would be something a bit more original than what Rocksteady did.

looks great to me. really excited for this one.

minor gripe but will smith and his cheesy 'lets go save the world' lines don't work (ever) here. leave them in independence day.

Leto looks like in his late 20's, he doesn't even look as old as Ben.

Plus remember people used to say Leto's Joker had a robin tattooed on his arm?

May be a dumb theory, but it's fun to think about.

It's not something I particularly want to see, but a Robin being turned into a Joker, now that would be something a bit more original than what Rocksteady did.

I don't hate that idea, especially since it would explain the crazy look and tattoos and it fits with, "the joke's on you" on Robin's suit. Maybe Batman finally crossed the line and killed the joker, and because of that he retires. :panic: As cool as that sounds, I want a real Joker in this DCCU, not Robin in makeup.

Has it been said that Batman is retired? I thought he has been at it for 15 years or so.

I don't hate the idea either, what if he was tattooed by the real Joker or something? I don't know, it's just something useless to think about I guess :lol

1313398002_baby_falls_asleep.gif

This trailer was much better than the Batman V Superman trailer. Only thing I wasn't 100% excited about was Leto's Joker. The tattoos and grill are still as annoying and out of character as ever.

Saw the trailer, meh. The build up to this film will probably annoy me more than any of the Avengers.

Last edited:

Saw the trailer, meh. The build up to this film will probably annoy me more than any of the Avengers.
Costume and make-up Decisions aside, I think this looks like a really good movie. Maybe one of the best comic-book films ever made, because it doesn't look like a comic-book. [emoji38]

It looks like a serious drama with interesting characters, lots of substance and that raw, gritty, " no bull ****" reality.

The Bat v Sup trailer on the other hand looked kind of childish and silly to me.

I also love Will Smith. He comes second in charismatic charm only to Arnold IMO. I try to ignore his Scientology interactions and that Beiber esque ********* he calls a son. [emoji38]

Costume and make-up Decisions aside, I think this looks like a really good movie. Maybe one of the best comic-book films ever made, because it doesn't look like a comic-book. [emoji38]

It looks like a serious drama with interesting characters, lots of substance and that raw, gritty, " no bull ****" reality.

The Bat v Sup trailer on the other hand looked kind of childish and silly to me.

I also love Will Smith. He comes second in charismatic charm only to Arnold IMO. I try to ignore his Scientology interactions and that Beiber esque ********* he calls a son. [emoji38]

Much like the Avengers, I think the element that puts me off these movies is constantly hearing about it on social media and around here. On top of that, it just doesn't interest me and I don't care about the drug dealer looking Joker.

And I cannot stand Will Smith. Liked him the 90s, but I wish he would just go away.

As for BvS, that trailer was weak and Affleck doesn't look the part at all to me.

what already turns me off are seeing the stupid Joker and Harley Face on every social media page like 5 times a day ...

I'm no excited but feeling actually bothered by this

Much like the Avengers, I think the element that puts me off these movies is constantly hearing about it on social media and around here. On top of that, it just doesn't interest me and I don't care about the drug dealer looking Joker.

And I cannot stand Will Smith. Liked him the 90s, but I wish he would just go away.

As for BvS, that trailer was weak and Affleck doesn't look the part at all to me.

Hunh, Affleck looks like one of the best Batmans (and Wayne) ever.

Even people who hate Snyder are looking forward to this Batman. :lol

Last edited:

Only noticed Joker was in this shot after watching the trailer for a third time.

4j9kie.png

Back