Statue Darth Vader Premium Format (2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If nothing else comes out this year from SS that I like better, then I'll PO this at the end of the year to use up my RPs. Sure it has some flaws, and I really do wish it was ESB instead, but I still think it's a great representation of the character.

I'm going to do the exact same thing. I hate that reward points expire now.

I keep coming back to this and holding off. It's a decent Vader but I don't love the base and I would rather do a more premium 1/3 scale Vader. Honestly that goes for all the other top tier OT characters too. Luke, Leia, Han, Chewie, etc. It's time for Sideshow to step aside and let the real players who are serious about high end premium statues like Prime1 or Queen do 1/3 scale of our favorite characters. I have to believe lots of others feel this way too.

Last edited:
To me, personally, many of the OT PFs are lackluster to some degree. One might argue that they look true to the films with the pose and all. But I miss something that makes them really stand out. It feels a bit like they only really pop, if you have a lot of them, and they can somehow compliment each other and create some kind of wholeness. But as a collector, my eye seeks more those pieces that stand out individually. One example of this, to me, is the Snowspeeder Luke by XM Studios. It might be the less generic base that does the trick for me. Many of the OT SW PFs do come with some rather "meh" bases. I don't want huge bases, but I want something that balances between telling a story and gives me a sense of solidity while at the same time not stealing away attention. For Vader, I would say that the boarding of Tantive IV or Hoth are some of the most intimidating moments of Vader, and a base that contains some of these elements would be awesome.

There is no single Vader Premium Format to be the ultimate Vader. You get the Iron Studios, Attakus or the Mythos which can have that title, but not a PF Vader. At the rate Sideshow are releasing PF Vaders, I am amazed by their lack of creativity. PF Vaders are not bad, but cannot hold a handle to the 3 Vader statues mentioned above.

To me, personally, many of the OT PFs are lackluster to some degree. One might argue that they look true to the films with the pose and all. But I miss something that makes them really stand out. It feels a bit like they only really pop, if you have a lot of them, and they can somehow compliment each other and create some kind of wholeness. But as a collector, my eye seeks more those pieces that stand out individually. One example of this, to me, is the Snowspeeder Luke by XM Studios. It might be the less generic base that does the trick for me. Many of the OT SW PFs do come with some rather "meh" bases. I don't want huge bases, but I want something that balances between telling a story and gives me a sense of solidity while at the same time not stealing away attention. For Vader, I would say that the boarding of Tantive IV or Hoth are some of the most intimidating moments of Vader, and a base that contains some of these elements would be awesome.
Yeah, I'm actually sitting at my desk panning across my PF shelves and there are only a few bases that really stand out. ESB Fett, Speeder Bike and Scout, Jango, Tusken Raider and Dagobah Luke/Yoda. Actually, ROTJ Vader has a decent base. I started to say Bossk, Dengar and Zuckuss, but realized those were all MYCs!

XM Luke is awesome but they fall into the premium category like Prime1 etc. Not a fan of what they did with Vader though.

Wait, are you saying that Premium Format isn't Premium? :ROFLMAO:

tommy-boy-guarantee.gif

I kid, Sideshow has made some terrific stuff but their Star Wars Premium Formats are often lacking. I really want to see what the top high end statue makers out there could do with the license.

I agree. I find that Sideshow needs an adrenaline shot. Many of their releases seem to be run of the mill. They do make a few gems every once in a while, still. Sometimes the artist's creativity and passion really shines through. But it does often feel like they are mainly focused on supporting their own size.

Like the Ahsoka and Fashion Runway Mando, thinking they'll use this as a gateway piece for new collectors.

This will be In-Stock for a longggg time.

I like it and I think it might be their best Vader, but I already have IS Vader, which is good enough for me right now.

After seeing the pics of this from Celebration I have to be honest...I am thinking about maybe getting this after all. The base still kinda bothers me, though. :unsure:

I forgot this even existed, I imagine they will be pushing it currently for obvious reasons. I can't say I love it personally, Sideshow make lots of Vaders, but they never quite hit the mark. I really liked the original mythos however, ironically that's the one most people didn't like so much.

I forgot this even existed, I imagine they will be pushing it currently for obvious reasons. I can't say I love it personally, Sideshow make lots of Vaders, but they never quite hit the mark. I really liked the original mythos however, ironically that's the one most people didn't like so much.

I think this is easily the best standard Vader Sideshow has ever made. I regret passing on the old Mythos Vader, I remember it even hit 20 or 30 percent off. Really stupid pass on my part. But the excessive orange paint was a turnoff then and still is.

I think this is easily the best standard Vader Sideshow has ever made. I regret passing on the old Mythos Vader, I remember it even hit 20 or 30 percent off. Really stupid pass on my part. But the excessive orange paint was a turnoff then and still is.
I liked everything about the old Mythos Vader except for the excessive orange paint too. I've seen a custom or two with the orange toned down, and the statue was amazing.

Back