Statue Darth Vader Premium Format (2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's undoubtedly the best Vader Sideshow has ever created of course. If not for the IS Vader, this would be the one I'd want to buy and I may still add it to my collection as a second Vader in the future. I just hope someone makes a custom base resembling Death Star or Cloud City. Not that I dislike this unique base but just want it more traditional to the original trilogy.

One thing that's puzzling to me is why is the lightsaber in his left hand? Is this some lore I'm unaware of?

I'm tempted by it because I think it would be a nice contrast to my IS Vader. More of a museum pose to this one, and it's ANH style Vader as opposed to ESB/ROTJ. I know I'm beating a dead horse here, but I really feel it is a huge missed opportunity by Sideshow to not have a switch out broken Vader helmet revealing part of Anakin's face considering that he is standing on top of Vader's castle.

I'm curious what the edition size will be. Probably something silly like 4000. Hopefully preorder numbers are low enough to keep it down, no way I'll order until it's revealed.

I'm tempted by it because I think it would be a nice contrast to my IS Vader. More of a museum pose to this one, and it's ANH style Vader as opposed to ESB/ROTJ. I know I'm beating a dead horse here, but I really feel it is a huge missed opportunity by Sideshow to not have a switch out broken Vader helmet revealing part of Anakin's face considering that he is standing on top of Vader's castle.

I'm curious what the edition size will be. Probably something silly like 4000. Hopefully preorder numbers are low enough to keep it down, no way I'll order until it's revealed.

I think the broken Anakin helm can be made by a customs group eventually so you should be okay. Edition size may be smaller than you think. Look at the Fisherman / Football Player Vader. That one was quite small.

I hate the switch out arm.. Perhaps hiding it with the cape is an option.

My biggest issue with this is not the fault of the piece.. But Vader in A New Hope has those flowing garbs over his shoulder pads.... In Empire and Jedi they are under his armor which is much better.

This is much better then SSC last two PFs

this is my favorite position to display him.

darth-vader_star-wars_gallery_60aef6799fd18.jpg

star-wars-darth-vader-sideshow-collectibles-300795

cape looks fantastic

Reminds me of the Mythos that way.... Not a bad thing at all.

I hate the switch out arm.. Perhaps hiding it with the cape is an option.

My biggest issue with this is not the fault of the piece.. But Vader in A New Hope has those flowing garbs over his shoulder pads.... In Empire and Jedi they are under his armor which is much better.

This is much better then SSC last two PFs

Agree there, but also a reason I'm happy the statue has it over the shoulder pads so that it's clearly Rogue One / ANH. The last ANH Vader was the first ANH Vader, which I'll always treasure because of the pose with Kenobi, but this is a significant upgrade in my book. Of course, it's also $650 instead of I think $250, which was the price of the original Vader...

Switch-out arm is trash. No 2nd hand/arm for the saber, so you're stuck with it ignited. Have to agree with those saying the base is too LOTR-esque. I get the Mustafar aesthetic, but it's a slight miss.

Check again, it absolutely is a light up saber

Its that crappy no light in the saber one. Why did they go back to that way? Why didn't they put a light bulb in this? Or are they? Maybe clarification? Im still waiting for a vader with a switch out anakin head. No one does that why not?

If nothing else comes out this year from SS that I like better, then I'll PO this at the end of the year to use up my RPs. Sure it has some flaws, and I really do wish it was ESB instead, but I still think it's a great representation of the character.

Back