Darth Vader Mythos statue - part 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fox still owns the original SW - a new hope, i guess. SS should continue mythos line with characters from the first movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone know what a Darth Vader Mythos without shipper would go for? Also, any ideas of a box that would fit the product box?

Anyone know what a Darth Vader Mythos without shipper would go for? Also, any ideas of a box that would fit the product box?

At the moment used ones seem to sell for $500-$550, not sure how the shipper affects this but not by much I assume.
However the ones for sale on eBay are already past that price so maybe around $600 or even $650 now that Vader's presence in the next movie has been made 100% official.

I know it's none of my business but I would definitely wait before selling this piece. There is a more than fair chance that the prices are going to skyrocket once we get close to Rogue One and he is shown in a trailer, or at least post-Rogue One.

I have mine still brand new, unopened, still undecided on whether or not I am keeping it for myself. I love the statue of course, best Vader out there imo, but it will depend on what it sells for in the near future.

At the moment used ones seem to sell for $500-$550, not sure how the shipper affects this but not by much I assume.
However the ones for sale on eBay are already past that price so maybe around $600 or even $650 now that Vader's presence in the next movie has been made 100% official.

I know it's none of my business but I would definitely wait before selling this piece. There is a more than fair chance that the prices are going to skyrocket once we get close to Rogue One and he is shown in a trailer, or at least post-Rogue One.

I have mine still brand new, unopened, still undecided on whether or not I am keeping it for myself. I love the statue of course, best Vader out there imo, but it will depend on what it sells for in the near future.

Appreciate the advice bro. I only took mine out to inspect and put back, but during the move, the shipper went missing. I'm trying to phase out of this scale as I only have two pieces and not likely to pay the price for the missing ones. But you're right that waiting might be a good idea.

I decided to pick one up. This is the statue that got me interested in the hobby so I figured I had to have it.

20161118_053446434_iOS.jpg

Yeah I think it's wise to buy this one now if you're gonna buy it, I doubt the prices will ever go down after Rogue One :lol

So gorgeous, definitely my favorite Vader piece.

It's interesting that it got you into the hobby yet you didn't own it, how did that work?

My situation regarding this statue is still the same, still have it unopened, if prices go way up I'll sell it, otherwise I'll unbox it after I move and display it with the rest of the collection.

Yeah I think it's wise to buy this one now if you're gonna buy it, I doubt the prices will ever go down after Rogue One :lol

So gorgeous, definitely my favorite Vader piece.

It's interesting that it got you into the hobby yet you didn't own it, how did that work?

My situation regarding this statue is still the same, still have it unopened, if prices go way up I'll sell it, otherwise I'll unbox it after I move and display it with the rest of the collection.

A local comic store had him for retail price a while back and I was meaning to get around to buying him but they ended up selling him on eBay before I had the chance. So then I started buying a ton of Hot Toys and more recently PFs.

I got this guy for a really good price though. Wasn't disappointed at all and the orange really doesn't bother me the way it does for some. People I've shown him to in person thinks he looks amazing as well. I'm not the biggest Vader fan so that might be why I actually prefer the more artistic stylized piece over the PF.

I'm not the biggest Vader fan so that might be why I actually prefer the more artistic stylized piece over the PF.

I feel exactly the same. And it says so much about the character. I choose this over the PF any day.
If only we could get back the Mythos line... (although they would probably be $400 retail now)

Yeah I saw a few that sold for reasonable prices recently on eBay. Looks like everyone is putting them up for sale at the same time thinking it's the perfect moment with Rogue One approaching, but all it does is bring the prices down compared to a few months ago.

I feel exactly the same. And it says so much about the character. I choose this over the PF any day.
If only we could get back the Mythos line... (although they would probably be $400 retail now)

Yeah I saw a few that sold for reasonable prices recently on eBay. Looks like everyone is putting them up for sale at the same time thinking it's the perfect moment with Rogue One approaching, but all it does is bring the prices down compared to a few months ago.

Pretty much. There were like ten of them up from US Sellers when I got this guy. Prices are starting to go back up with fewer for sale now.

There's a minor scuff/chip in the black paint of the cape on mine, anyone have any ideas for what to use to touch it up? It's small enough where it doesn't need to be exact, I'd just like it dark and not the whitish color it currently is. Any ideas?

What's a realistic price to get this for in the now market?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

I checked ebay on some of the sold listings and they were all over the place. From $400s (a couple in the $300s missing some parts) to the $800s with a few a little higher. Thats a pretty big spread...all from last month untill now! Whats going on?

It will stabilize when they become rarer, lately too many people were putting them up for sale, some opened/damaged, some brand new, so the prices reflect that.

If you wanna buy one I wouldn't wait too long though as I doubt the prices will decrease, I predicted this long ago due to the rumors of how Vader was going to be used in Rogue One and there you go... His two scenes match perfectly with what this statue has to offer emotionally and in terms of aura. Plus the lava which is now entirely justified and not just a nod to Episode III. This piece is on its way to grail status imo (aren't all the Mythos statues though? :lol)

It will stabilize when they become rarer, lately too many people were putting them up for sale, some opened/damaged, some brand new, so the prices reflect that.

If you wanna buy one I wouldn't wait too long though as I doubt the prices will decrease, I predicted this long ago due to the rumors of how Vader was going to be used in Rogue One and there you go... His two scenes match perfectly with what this statue has to offer emotionally and in terms of aura. Plus the lava which is now entirely justified and not just a nod to Episode III. This piece is on its way to grail status imo (aren't all the Mythos statues though? :lol)

Big time you're right now. I got 4 of them recently. (Not getting Maul) They cost a lot now and the Pig is so hard to find.

If you wanna buy one I wouldn't wait too long though as I doubt the prices will decrease, I predicted this long ago due to the rumors of how Vader was going to be used in Rogue One and there you go... His two scenes match perfectly with what this statue has to offer emotionally and in terms of aura. Plus the lava which is now entirely justified and not just a nod to Episode III. This piece is on its way to grail status imo (aren't all the Mythos statues though? [emoji38])
I havent even seen rogue one yet but ya that all makes sense.

Such a nice statue, whennI get one ot will actually be displayed away from other sw pieces. I think its a great standalone piece.

And yes wish they would revive the mythos line though i know thats pretty unlikely.

They could but they would have to call it something else probably and remove the "creative" part from it, making it properly canon basically. It's doable but it would lose its initial charm in that they would have to walk a thin line between making unique/special pieces while still sticking to Lucasfilm/Disney's ultra strict policy since 2012. Still better than nothing though.

For now I don't see anything like this Vader statue being made available again, this is the ultimate incarnation of his deeply complex emotional turmoils and regrets. The fact that Sideshow had the genius of going for a lava base only makes it better now after Rogue One.

The upcoming Iron Studios statue is amazing but obviously more on the combative side, and will be quite expensive.

Really the only flaw is the scale, if the Mythos line were 1/4 I can't even imagine what the prices would be at the moment, 1/4 being by far the most popular scale.

s-l1600.jpg

Got this today. great piece. except edition size.

but I still have a thirst for movies version vader.

even though ROTJ vader and IS vader are cool, i hope ESB darth vader comes out quickly from sideshow.

View attachment 363109

Got this today. great piece. except edition size.

but I still have a thirst for movies version vader.

even though ROTJ vader and IS vader are cool, i hope ESB darth vader comes out quickly from sideshow.

Congrats, this is an amazing Vader statue. IMO if this were 1/4 it would be the all time greatest Vader statue hands down.

Back