Darth Vader Mythos statue - part 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't stress enough how much images exaggerate the orange. It looks more natural in person. Ultimately if you don't like the concept, you won't like the statue obviously. We know already that this is a marmite statue. But I think it's a beautiful thing and I'm glad I didn't pass up on it. I almost did due to the stupidly high ES. It's different, and that's okay sometimes.

I've seen it in person and IMO it is that bad. But I've also seen (not in person though) some customs where the orange was toned down, awesome final piece.

I've seen it in person and IMO it is that bad. But I've also seen (not in person though) some customs where the orange was toned down, awesome final piece.

It is most definitely less in your face compared to many images. Like I said however, if you don't like the concept, you certainly won't like the statue. I like the concept a lot.

It is most definitely less in your face compared to many images. Like I said however, if you don't like the concept, you certainly won't like the statue. I like the concept a lot.

I really like the concept and the sculpt (it is light years ahead of the PF Vader). But not fond of the overly strong finishing touches (the orange paint). It would have been almost impossible to get it repainted here, so it was a no go for me. But I got the Iron Studios instead. :)

I really like the concept and the sculpt (it is light years ahead of the PF Vader). But not fond of the overly strong finishing touches (the orange paint). It would have been almost impossible to get it repainted here, so it was a no go for me. But I got the Iron Studios instead. :)

:lecture Exactly. I'm content...

...for now. :)

Love the Mythos Vader. Almost did not get it due to all the negativity surrounding him, but so glad I did.
There were, and will be hundreds of movie black Vaders, in various movie poses and scale, of which I have about 15, but I am guessing this is a one-time, very unique and different piece.
Again, very happy to have it.

No. I would have purchased it way back when it was released but I didn't know any local painters at the time. :(

Same here, like I said. :( No chance of getting it painted here, sending it overseas for that would have been a huge cost and hassle, thus no matter if I liked the sculpt and concept, I had to pass too.

No problem...

A few bright daylight shots that exaggerate the orange and male the base look white (it's dark grey) You either like this concept or you don't, I love this statue personally. It has to be seen in person really...

eERQrr4.jpg

tB3viHS.jpg

z0iJrzr.jpg

nAqRkrC.jpg

PPTk1sB.jpg

Great photos! I got one finally today after waiting for the right time and price. I loved the Unleashed hasbro line and to me these statues and the XM ones are in that same spirit. I prefer those kind of statues more so than the classic museum poses I guess. Here's the one I just won and the pose I intend on displaying.
s-l1600.jpg

Congratulations. I have all 5 of the mythos and they all look fantastic. Also purchased the extra lightsaber for Obi-wan from MYC.

Congratulations. I have all 5 of the mythos and they all look fantastic. Also purchased the extra lightsaber for Obi-wan from MYC.

Thanks :) ! I forgot how nice Obi Wan was until looking at photos of it recently. But he and Boba Mythos (I would love to own both) are way over price wise what I am willing to spend on them now. I got Vader for the right price plus besides Boba, Vader is my favorite character so I was thrilled to get this finally!

Thanks :) ! I forgot how nice Obi Wan was until looking at photos of it recently. But he and Boba Mythos (I would love to own both) are way over price wise what I am willing to spend on them now. I got Vader for the right price plus besides Boba, Vader is my favorite character so I was thrilled to get this finally!

The Gamorean executioner is also a great piece and prob my second fav after Obi-Wan.

I think my favorite one changes every time I look at them. Just in terms of quality I’d say Obi is by far the best and Maul is the worst but each has their own cool aspects and I am super glad I have all 5… I just wish this line wasn’t dead… although if they kept going they may have somehow messed it up (and given us Jar Jar) so who knows.

I think my favorite one changes every time I look at them. Just in terms of quality I’d say Obi is by far the best and Maul is the worst but each has their own cool aspects and I am super glad I have all 5… I just wish this line wasn’t dead… although if they kept going they may have somehow messed it up (and given us Jar Jar) so who knows.

Yeah they tend to do that LOL. I feel the same way about the McQuarrie SW 1/5 line which I love so much. I own them all but sadly that line seems dead as well.

I really kick myself for not getting Mythos Obi Wan back when I had the chance but someday...maybe...

Yeah they tend to do that LOL. I feel the same way about the McQuarrie SW 1/5 line which I love so much. I own them all but sadly that line seems dead as well.

I really kick myself for not getting Mythos Obi Wan back when I had the chance but someday...maybe...

I just can't believe Episode III Obi Wan or slightly post-Ep3 has eluded so many companies for this long. Somebody make one already.

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the few and rare times I am rooting for Disney to make a movie (with Ewan as Obi Wan) so that at least there would be more product associated with his version of Obi Wan.

Back