Darth Vader Life Size Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a feeling something was wrong when they took it off their website last week!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got this notification too today...however was informed that those whom ordered previously would be amongst the first to be made aware when the item became available again and offered first dibs to "rebook."

I see that Boba Fett was taken off the site as well!

this is the only company I've seen not come through on multiple projects well after putting up a pre order and taking peoples deposits. This is at least the 3rd item in less than a year that have done this. Whoever owns Sideshow is clueless.

I see that Boba Fett was taken off the site as well!

If you're talking about the life-size one, Boba Fett was sent out; I have it in its boxes waiting to be put together after I rearrange a couple of others. Darth Vader was the last one I needed for my little statuary, and I'm quite angry about my order being cancelled. I don't get how Sideshow develop something for so long (it was teased in 2012, shown at SDCC in 2014) and then decide at the last minute "it's not right".

Literally everything that I had pre-ordered has been delayed or canceled. I know the Boba Fett was delivered to a few people but now it's completely off the site and it happened in very shot amount of time. And I am starting to thing Vader was cancelled due to lack of orders.

SS is using the excuse that they're cancelling it because they can't make it to the quality standards they have for their products which is a joke. My question is how on Earth did they go forward with the Boba Fett then because the finished product of that thing is vastly inferior to what was shown in the prototype. I think they finally figured out that people won't pay $7-8k for 1:1 statues that aren't even close to screen accurate. If SS cared about quality they would put people in charge who could make these things properly, but instead they just farm them out to a factory in China where nobody follows any QC standards.

Now let's see how long it takes before the "powers that be" delete this post.

Perhaps I'm being naive but my spider senses are telling me that they made a decision to pull the Fett owing to the outcry regarding the lack of accuracy. I bet they got a lot of canceled orders/complaints and have therefore pulled the item early on the production line. And with word of mouth spreading within the community with respect to how poorly it turned out, I bet they realized they would either have to completely retool it and reintroduce it or cancel it outright. That being said, I feel like they may just be acting proactively with the Vader and reassessing their QC procedures to ensure that they don't run into the same issue that they did with Fett. Notice that the Han Solo in Carbonite is still up there as it likely turned out better. If the ridiculously overpriced HIC is moving well enough to warrant continuing production, I find it hard to believe that there's not robust demand for Vader and/or Fett (unless they just overmanufactured the HIC and are desperate to move it out hence he's still up there). Either way, with all the hype surrounding these releases in the highly "celebrated" (their press release verbiage) life size line, this is a pretty embarrassing turn of events.

Perhaps I'm being naive but my spider senses are telling me that they made a decision to pull the Fett owing to the outcry regarding the lack of accuracy. I bet they got a lot of canceled orders/complaints and have therefore pulled the item early on the production line. And with word of mouth spreading within the community with respect to how poorly it turned out, I bet they realized they would either have to completely retool it and reintroduce it or cancel it outright. That being said, I feel like they may just be acting proactively with the Vader and reassessing their QC procedures to ensure that they don't run into the same issue that they did with Fett. Notice that the Han Solo in Carbonite is still up there as it likely turned out better. If the ridiculously overpriced HIC is moving well enough to warrant continuing production, I find it hard to believe that there's not robust demand for Vader and/or Fett (unless they just overmanufactured the HIC and are desperate to move it out hence he's still up there). Either way, with all the hype surrounding these releases in the highly "celebrated" (their press release verbiage) life size line, this is a pretty embarrassing turn of events.

Well said, mate. :)

im really pissed that they cancelled vader!!!

Fett was supposed to go beside vader for an epic display (thats why I didnt order the HIC). Now that vader's cancelled, who's going to stand beside fett??? Should have ordered the HIC instead!!!! damn this!!!!

Has anyone heard anything as to whether the Vader statue is back on at all?

No, I had it pre-ordered and they said that would let us know first when it would be up for pre-order when it will be available!

DarthVader-Lifesize-SDCC2016-01.jpg

What the hell are they doing with this thing? It's got the robes over the chest armor like ANH, but the helmet/armor are polished like ESB or ROTJ. Then the chest box isn't even finished and it has gloves that don't match any of the 3 films. Think they need to go back to the drawing board for a few more years.

Some are speculating that this is the Vader we are getting in Rogue One. The version we see in ANH is after this suit has seen some action. Maybe just wishful thinking. I think it's a thing of beauty despite not being accurate to ANH. Always wanted to see what that suit looked like brand new and pristine.

What the hell are they doing with this thing? It's got the robes over the chest armor like ANH, but the helmet/armor are polished like ESB or ROTJ. Then the chest box isn't even finished and it has gloves that don't match any of the 3 films. Think they need to go back to the drawing board for a few more years.

Someone didn't know how to dress him, and the gloves. WHAT ARE THOSEEEEE???!!!!!

Back