Darth Vader Life Size Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The whole thing is just off. Glad I built my own that is accurate down to every last detail. :)

Best way to do it, you mean it didn't cost you 8 grand? :rotfl

Actually, by the time it was all said and done I had over $7k invested in my build, but a big chunk of that was the TM helmet that is the most accurate ESB helmet on the planet and is almost impossible to get. I also had a custom mannequin built, custom lighted base and several other components that added up to a very expensive project. ;)

Actually, by the time it was all said and done I had over $7k invested in my build, but a big chunk of that was the TM helmet that is the most accurate ESB helmet on the planet and is almost impossible to get. I also had a custom mannequin built, custom lighted base and several other components that added up to a very expensive project. ;)
Wow 7 G's!! But, hey, it's all relative anyway and you're happy with your build. That's all that matters. :duff

Yeah, i know. I spent over 6 on my fett. Beauty of making your own is, if you want you can wear it.

Btw, the base is also gorgeous. Howd you do it? I wanted to do the same thing but keep putting it off

Btw, the base is also gorgeous. Howd you do it? I wanted to do the same thing but keep putting it off

Wish I could take credit, but I had a prop builder make the base and install the lighting in it. :)

Even though it's completely off topic I'd love to see pics of your Fett.

I'm betting this and the Legendary scale figure are the new Rogue One Vader, gloves look similar to ANH as does the chest box and helmet looks like the dome comes to a point in front and I bet they keep the larger chin vent so the actor can see down (the reason it was enlarged from ANH to ESB in the first place). We knew Rogue One wouldn't get everything right to ANH but this has a similar feel just newer.

Inner cape goes under the chest armour Num Nutz LOL.

I've been 501st for over a decade.

If you pay big money for this big toy, then you are a rich, lazy arse that knows f- all about Vader.

Looks like a giagantic plastic hasbro doll.

Do your homework. Join the 501st and get some decent kit together.

Sad but true.

:cuckoo::slap

yikes, a bit harsh. not everyone has the time, skill, or interest in creating a life size version.

no harm in wanting to buy a statue. not sure why this would upset some?

hopefully SS listens to the feedback and gives those that are into this a quality product.

yikes, a bit harsh. not everyone has the time, skill, or interest in creating a life size version.

no harm in wanting to buy a statue. not sure why this would upset some?

hopefully SS listens to the feedback and gives those that are into this a quality product.

Not sure what it is, but something about Vader seems to make people behave like this. Seems to invariably come up. In the end it doesn't matter if it's 100% accurate (which no replica is, not the TM, not the SL, not any other replica), as long as YOU like it. Sideshow doesn't seem to be obsessively focused on the pursuit of absolute accuracy in any of their pieces (which is what it is, pursuit but never actually getting there), but I don't know many people who would turn one of these away if it showed up on their doorstep. All of us have our own degrees of madness in the various aspects of the hobby :) Hope this one turns out to your liking.

Not sure what it is, but something about Vader seems to make people behave like this. Seems to invariably come up. In the end it doesn't matter if it's 100% accurate (which no replica is, not the TM, not the SL, not any other replica), as long as YOU like it. Sideshow doesn't seem to be obsessively focused on the pursuit of absolute accuracy in any of their pieces (which is what it is, pursuit but never actually getting there), but I don't know many people who would turn one of these away if it showed up on their doorstep. All of us have our own degrees of madness in the various aspects of the hobby :) Hope this one turns out to your liking.

It would be nice if for the kind of money SS if charging they tried to make their Vader statue somewhat accurate. This project has been in development since 2011 and they still can't get it right. My Vader might not be 100% accurate as you say, but you'd better believe it's in the high 90s and the SS statue looks like it's in the 60s. For an asking price of probably close to $9k with shipping that's completely unacceptable. If you don't demand quality from companies like this they're going to serve you an inferior product and laugh all the way to the bank for the job they just pulled on you. To each their own.

It would be nice if for the kind of money SS if charging they tried to make their Vader statue somewhat accurate. This project has been in development since 2011 and they still can't get it right. My Vader might not be 100% accurate as you say, but you'd better believe it's in the high 90s and the SS statue looks like it's in the 60s. For an asking price of probably close to $9k with shipping that's completely unacceptable. If you don't demand quality from companies like this they're going to serve you an inferior product and laugh all the way to the bank for the job they just pulled on you. To each their own.

I do agree with most of this, yep. I too would think that Sideshow would be be a bit closer after so many years in development, but then again they may feel like it's good enough for 99% of customers. A suit on a mannequin would be the option I'd go with, if I was looking. But if I didn't want to spend the necessary time putting it together I guess this could do in a pinch of I want looking for something too specific. Wasn't trying to single you out with my post, rather the friendly "501st" guy being all dramatic :lol :duff

No offense taken. Seeing products like this from SS just make me appreciate my Vader display that much more. :)

Back