Darth Vader life-size Bust--PREORDER NOW ON PAGE ONE!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Darth Vader life-size Bust

Good too know, I've seen some VERY close up images of Mauls eyes that looked kind of funky... good to know in person the effect is better.

Yup, the only real difference I've noticed from prototype to production is a loss of detailing, but the overall visual impact of the eyes isn't lost, at least I feel so, except Yoda, and like I said, that's because of how his were done, and I'll take the coll materials he was made of and slightly less lively eyes over lively eyes and being all polystone and not looking like a puppet.

Maul's are very basic, but I find they still have a piercing stare to them, more detailed and accurrate would probably take them even further, but at least the overall effect is not lost. That's what'd worry me, if the detail hurt the eyes from having an impact when looking at the piece, I'd be bothered by it, but so far all the 1:1 bust eyes haven't caused the piece to be a let down for me.

How soon after Comicon do pre-ordered items ship?
(How long do we have to save :)?)

That varies from item to item, but in this case I believe it is scheduled to ship in July of 2010. So you should have at least six to nine months to save up, but probably more like a year.

Was July 2010 actually confirmed... I thought that was just a guess seeing as how the 12" took that long?

I don't think July is necessarily unrealistic. Grievous debuted at last year's SDCC and didn't ship until late March, and Vader will be much more challenging for QC and detailing and all.

When takes place the preorder of Darth Vader life-size Bust :cool: ?

Thank you guys!

I don't think July is necessarily unrealistic. Grievous debuted at last year's SDCC and didn't ship until late March, and Vader will be much more challenging for QC and detailing and all.

Oh I agree... I would guess about a year, seems the stuff I really want always takes that long :lol

I just question if the July was an actual reported date, or just Chase tossing out an estimate. But since he can't read, we may never get the answer to that question.

Well it's definitely estimate, no one from the show has reported the exact date, we may no tomorrow if he's tomorrow's preo-order. The longer the better for this piece for me, as far as saving.

I suspect we might get a Q3 date on the order page, and it will be bumped into Q3 somewhere down the road.

Tom, does your sig mean you're getting the PF?

For sure! I found a place to display it where it won't conflict with my OT-only theme. I will probably even use reward points--I'm that sure about it.

Back