Darth Vader life-size Bust--PREORDER NOW ON PAGE ONE!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So is the reg version of this bust going to turn into a Grail anytime soon or no?

Grail feels a bit excessive for the moment, but I wouldn't be surprised for the future, who knows. Some retailers have raised slowly it's price, atleast in Europe. I remember it being around 1K at first, now it's up to 1.200-1.299 euros in certain places. Value seems to be rising slowly but firmly. I'm planning one myself here and as I already lost the best of deals due to my own stupidity, I had a chance to get one with 899 euros, but I was an idiot not to order back then :slap. I figure it's next year nearer to 1.5K, later on more and more :monkey1. I think I should order one right now, even though I couldn't afford, otherwise I'll regret it forever...

Too inaccurate to ever be a true "grail", IMHO. The prop replica & Vader freaks hate this thing.

It does make for a pretty impressive display, though. And most folks would be none the wiser to what's off about it. I'd also say it was pretty fairly priced.

Too inaccurate to ever be a true "grail", IMHO. The prop replica & Vader freaks hate this thing.

It does make for a pretty impressive display, though. And most folks would be none the wiser to what's off about it. I'd also say it was pretty fairly priced.

Yes, from the accuracy point of view not a true "grail". The same can be said about the Boba Fett life size bust and many other items out there. I used to love Master Replicas, since even though there were few minor issues with certain collectables, they had a great quality for mass producted Star Wars items. With Sideshow, they're producing highly entertaining pieces and display's, not all are as accurate as some precise collector's and die hard fans would like, but otherwise they're very impressive overall and affordable. If the item is impressive and I like it myself, I can gladly close my eyes for minor "screen accuracy" flaws. For the most parts I'm being fairly impressed with Darth Vader bust.:vader

I agree Hamil82, of all my SS stuff, this my favorite. Its massive and steals thow, it really gives this dark vader vibe to my collection.

Thinking of getting a life size bust or LSB for Star Wars & couldn't think of better one than Vader (although C3PO looks great). Based on the reviews this looks good. It's been more than a year and a half since this released, do the owners still recommend it? Is there LSB coming for Vader?
Thanks in advance :)

I believe there were potential production sketches of a legendary scale bust that were revealed a long time ago. Helmet on.

I got this life sized bust as soon as it came out, and it was definitely worth it. A great piece and a centerpiece for a lot of people's displays.

I believe there were potential production sketches of a legendary scale bust that were revealed a long time ago. Helmet on.

I got this life sized bust as soon as it came out, and it was definitely worth it. A great piece and a centerpiece for a lot of people's displays.

Thanks! It looks really good, and currently In backorder till July. I am seriously considering this specially if Iron Man VII life size bust will be release next year. Guess have to wait tell SDCC to find out.

They are pretty hard to topple unless you really go for it. If you are concerned, just get some museum putty/quake hold to stick on the bottom.

I found this photo at Michael Crawford's excellent review site, and somehow it the photo felt weird but I couldn't quite put my finger on it what it is.

sdcc2012_sideshow_starwars_31.jpg

Then I turned around and looked at the one I have here at home.
Turns out the nameplate is positioned differently. I didn't know that was possible...

I found this photo at Michael Crawford's excellent review site, and somehow it the photo felt weird but I couldn't quite put my finger on it what it is.

sdcc2012_sideshow_starwars_31.jpg

Then I turned around and looked at the one I have here at home.
Turns out the nameplate is positioned differently. I didn't know that was possible...

I couldn't find the review for this bust on that site. Am really on the fence for this one. Chewbacca Auttakus is my only Star Wars piece, all what I want is another piece that is big & represntive (& in stoke) and that's it for me,,

Back