Darren Carnall's creative corner

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DArren!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU THE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that looks awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes DarthNeill, you lol

Thanks guys :bow

pjam... i know i know....ripley (in progress) and sarah connor (we'll see, hopefully)... you're not the only one who's after these, lol

The Medicom sculpt is really fantastic, after painting this one I'm tempted to pic one up for myself sometime. The only problem I had with it was the hair on his forehead... for my liking it was way too symetrical and comic book like. I wanted it more like the film, so I messed it up a bit, and added a few extra pieces (and the pieces in the centre I built up laters with the paint to create extra sculpted hair.... so it doesn't just look flat)

also when I do my stubble I mix a colour depending on the character, and I always use the slightest bit of phthalo blue in there, to give that blue tint that short stubble usually has.

anyway... just another couple of the pics I took. under the LED lighting, so it has a pale effect to it, but it gives very clear images, so you can look at the face properly.

done5.jpg

done6.jpg

Just a friendly bump as the thread is dangerously close to slipping onto the dreaded page two (there be dragons!!!!:Wizard). How're the repaints going Darren? Any Obi sightings on the horizon?

Just read the camping update on the ALIENS & ROBOTS Thread... An end of the summer extravaganza?

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazing Wolverine!!! I can't believe I missed those shots.... they really show off the magnificent work you've done on him. It's the best I've seen so far with "passive" eyes and not utterly pissed like I paint him. :lol

I know I'm a little late to the game, but your Strider repaint is staggering. I can't believe the sculpt was so good under that terrible paint job. Nice work.

Wow darran i cant w8 to have that wolverine head to pose it in my cabinet. It looks even better than i thought it would. I am defo going to get some more heads repainted in the new year.
Here is a pic of my 3 times unstitched and restitched obi wan with a pants sideshow head.

Bump as the thread fell to the second page. Any chance of an update pic Darren?

TPM Obi lost his head with Kit playing with his wrist sabers... damn that EU!!!:rotfl

Had to go back and see that Wolvie for myself! SUPER job Darren!
Love the hair bits!

sorry for the absence the last few days.... been sending anakins out like mad, working my way through the lists of people who have been waiting a LONG time.

everyone, thanks for your amazing comments. You over flatter me.... but i love it :lol, reading your remarks always gives me a big grin :bow

Darthneill.............. later today..... obi padawan pics. I promise :eek:

sorry for the absence the last few days.... been sending anakins out like mad, working my way through the lists of people who have been waiting a LONG time.

everyone, thanks for your amazing comments. You over flatter me.... but i love it :lol, reading your remarks always gives me a big grin :bow

Darthneill.............. later today..... obi padawan pics. I promise :eek:

:bow:bow:bow:bow:bow

You rock, Darren! Thanks! Just when you get the chance-- I understand that you're really busy. I hope that painting the Obi sculpt and seeing it come to life was a positive and rewarding challenge for you. I can't wait to see the update.

Cheers!:D

Back