Darkchilde Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't see placing a C list character, with horns and hooves, next to any of my AH! or Brooks beauties.

But to each their own! :D

there is other makers of beauties :monkey3

presenting Angelus :yess:

Ang1.jpg

:bunnydanc
She is obscure, but will fit in perfectly with the AH! and Mark Brooks line; I really have no problem with them releasing her in 1/5th scale for that reason (just like Psylocke).

they should release obscure characters in 1:4 scale to give them a chance at selling decently.

I gotta agree. Some of the current story lines are just plain crap. :lecture

Comics are pathetic these days

Which lines have you read lately? Are there any you think are good. Did you read Messiah Complex or Second Coming?

so since i haven't opened or read a comic in over 20 years i'm not allowed to collect :dunno

Edit: could even be 25-30 years, funny thing is though i can still recall specific story lines and even pictures from some of them comics soooo long ago.

Hulk, Thor comics and earlier saturday morning spidey cartoons are what got me through my childhood.

Of course you can collect at anytime. :yess: I just get tired of the strong "expert" opinions and negative vibe this board carries sometimes. Characters and teams change over time. Illyana has been in several X titles over the last year and a half since her return and to cool effect. I have no problem with SS capturing the unique characters. Makes it fun, heck, add Pixie too. Of course I want Jean and Storm but they will come in time.

...Jean and Storm ...they will come in time.

Yes, they will come, but we will have to deal with the 1/5 comiquettes before they release the PFs, which means that a decent X-Men lineup may take a loooooooooong time to be completed. :dunno

As for Darkchilde, Darkchylde, or whatever...she looks really nice so far. I will certainly pass on her though. I need the space for other/better/more interesting/more of my taste pieces

Just never knew her as Darkchilde; or Darkchylde for that matter. And whatever arguments are being made for her release; she's obscure. That's not necessarily a bad thing. Gives hope that someday Silver Sable would appear on that preview page...

And just because some of us don't know the minutae of every C-list character doesn't mean we've all of a sudden stopped picking comics off the shelves :monkey3

As for what has been shown so far, it's true to the character and may be one of the more detailed comiquettes released recently. We'll see...

The teaser looks good and this comiquette would look nice next to a Lord of Darkness PF. :D

I still can't believe this got made before Jean Grey. :slap

The funny thing is at any given moment there are at least 4 different jean grey, phoenix, dark phoenix, marvel girl statues in development by one company or the other... but they buck the trend (well more so recently with perseus and rick o'connell pf's:) ) and so many people are knocking them for doing it??? I don't think she is second string at all. She was a very instrumental part in a big story line in the x-men/belasco/colossus saga. IMO she will be a great addition to the x-men line up, of which I personally have zilch:rotfl

Which lines have you read lately? Are there any you think are good. Did you read Messiah Complex or Second Coming?

I'm a long time X-Men fan (since 1975) and I've read both. Messiah Complex was good but Second Coming didn't live up to the hype, IMO.

Yes, they will come, but we will have to deal with the 1/5 comiquettes before they release the PFs, which means that a decent X-Men lineup may take a loooooooooong time to be completed. :dunno

As for Darkchilde, Darkchylde, or whatever...she looks really nice so far. I will certainly pass on her though. I need the space for other/better/more interesting/more of my taste pieces

QFT! :lecture :yess:

Just never knew her as Darkchilde; or Darkchylde for that matter. And whatever arguments are being made for her release; she's obscure. That's not necessarily a bad thing. Gives hope that someday Silver Sable would appear on that preview page...

And just because some of us don't know the minutae of every C-list character doesn't mean we've all of a sudden stopped picking comics off the shelves :monkey3

Well said. I would like to see more obscure characters made as well. :D

The funny thing is at any given moment there are at least 4 different jean grey, phoenix, dark phoenix, marvel girl statues in development by one company or the other... but they buck the trend (well more so recently with perseus and rick o'connell pf's:) ) and so many people are knocking them for doing it??? I don't think she is second string at all. She was a very instrumental part in a big story line in the x-men/belasco/colossus saga. IMO she will be a great addition to the x-men line up, of which I personally have zilch:rotfl

:lectureThe moment is now. Point me to at least 4 different Jean statues in development please. :)

Really though congrats to lovers of this piece. It looks well done. I can not see myself dropping big bucks or devoting the space to a c/d-list character before I have the main characters.

:lectureThe moment is now. Point me to at least 4 different Jean statues in development please. :)

Really though congrats to lovers of this piece. It looks well done. I can not see myself dropping big bucks or devoting the space to a c/d-list character before I have the main characters.

kotobukiya is release a jim lee jean grey, and bowen has release quite a few and i think some are still available and various online retailers. They are releasing Jean Grey in her x-factor outfit too.

kotobukiya is release a jim lee jean grey, and bowen has release quite a few and i think some are still available and various online retailers. They are releasing Jean Grey in her x-factor outfit too.

Oh. I don't consider released one's as "in development". The X-factor Jean Grey is a rehash of the original Phoenix statues sadly.

SS needs to get moving, seriously. :gah:

Back