DarkArtist's End of the Line Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Josh is no longer a mod.

And people, do not send him anymore money to ship your things as it appears it is being used for his personal use.

He told me yesterday that he is hoping to ship a few things out in a couple weeks and he will update at that time.

We will see.

I just think as a member of the board i am allowed to express my opinion whether i am actually buying something from this guy or not. I dont expect to be told by somebody else what i can or cant do

The truth is hes taking money from people and not supplying the goods end of story!

The truth is, your opinion in this matter is flawed. Reason being, this is just about the only resource those who still have pending work, have of contacting or receiving updates from Josh. He no longer answers emails, PMs, etc. Ban him and there's nada. I agree with the others, as has the administrator, Darklord Dave, that if you have no vested interest here, you shouldn't really be posting. It only stirs up ____ in an already ____ed situation and adds absolutely nothing constructive to the issue or the thread.

Though I think what he's doing is completely wrong, banning is not the solution. All those with outstanding orders will have no venue to contact him to get there stuff back.

Could anyone do me a favour and pm me the email address Josh used to accept payments from via paypal ?.
I'm trying to look for some older payments and can't find them without it. Thanks.

I just think as a member of the board i am allowed to express my opinion whether i am actually buying something from this guy or not. I dont expect to be told by somebody else what i can or cant do

The truth is hes taking money from people and not supplying the goods end of story!

i didn't tell you what you can and can't do. i gave my opinion on what the decent thing to do is. there's a difference. but levels of decency vary among people.

@Deck - i understand your post fully. and i don't mean to defend him or spin you into a bad guy - i think he has made mistakes just like a lot of people do, and he's not free from blame. but i really don't think banning him is the answer. there were folks in here who were discussing the lack of updates, which is fine. but someone coming in without ever having anything to do with josh and suggesting he be banned just didn't sit right with me. for one thing it would mean we absolutely would have no chance of communicating with josh regarding work making the situation worse. secondly, a lot of the custom work and ideas people are heavily benefitting from at the moment is because of pioneering guys like josh and les. i think it would be a traversty, despite his mistakes, to ban him because of that. there has to be some respect left for someone who's given so much in the past. i don't like the speed either (or the lack of updates), but labelling the guy as a thief is harsh. for someone who's waited 2 and a half years for work, and followed the problems from the beginning, i still have faith this will work out because of the kind of person he is deep down.

sorry maulfan for another back and forth, but i wanted to make my intentions with the last post clear. i would have stayed out of it, since i too would love some updates, if it wasn't for a post that in my opinion was unwarranted.

Josh is no longer a mod.

And people, do not send him anymore money to ship your things as it appears it is being used for his personal use.

He told me yesterday that he is hoping to ship a few things out in a couple weeks and he will update at that time.

We will see.

Thanks Jen for the update. :hi5: Really sad though, because all of us are so close to putting this behind us; it's just a trip to the post office - I don't get it ... :dunno :gah:

Oh well, I am not slandering him or attacking him personally (I don't see much of that actually, but maybe some posts were deleted), just bumping the thread a bit I guess.

:impatient:

Well this will be my last post on the subject but this is how i feel i am sorry!

The way i see it so far is the guy is a thief, what could possibly take 2 and a half years to make? Family problems, health issues etc surely what you have asked for cant possibly take that long.

Also if it were me and i had all these problems i would certainly communicate alot better than he has and i would also stump up the money and just refund it!

I just think banning this guy is justice for so many people being put out of pocket because of this fella!

Why is he any different to Chris Howes? The situation seems exactly the same to me

Perhaps an option for some folks who have small items would be to send him a prepaid box - stamped and addressed...so all he would need to do is put your stuff inside and drop it off at the post office.

Banning just does not make sense, since he has already expressed an interest in leaving the boards to begin with. You can ban him, but it sounds like he is not really interested in being part of the community anyways...

Well this will be my last post on the subject but this is how i feel i am sorry!

The way i see it so far is the guy is a thief, what could possibly take 2 and a half years to make? Family problems, health issues etc surely what you have asked for cant possibly take that long.

Also if it were me and i had all these problems i would certainly communicate alot better than he has and i would also stump up the money and just refund it!

I just think banning this guy is justice for so many people being put out of pocket because of this fella!

Why is he any different to Chris Howes? The situation seems exactly the same to me

i think it's easy to take the high ground when you haven't been forced to walk the low ground in someone else's shoes. i'd also add that one of the greatest dangers to one's character is being exposed as a hypocrite when you're on that high ground when you really shouldn't be.

comparing josh to chris howes shows how absurd this whole argument is. and really puts to question this concept of justice.

i think it's easy to take the high ground when you haven't been forced to walk the low ground in someone else's shoes. i'd also add that one of the greatest dangers to one's character is being exposed as a hypocrite when you're on that high ground when you really shouldn't be.

comparing josh to chris howes shows how absurd this whole argument is. and really puts to question this concept of justice.

I have no idea what the hell your talking about, but you have a wicked collection, so I will agree with you on the merit of awesomness:yess:

Perhaps an option for some folks who have small items would be to send him a prepaid box - stamped and addressed...so all he would need to do is put your stuff inside and drop it off at the post office.

i think someone's already tried this, jen, but had no luck. but just out of interest, i'm wondering if there's something like this available for international shipping. if this works out for others, it might be worth sending one out to him.

I personally feel that part of the problem is we have all been too lenient with Josh with no results on his part.

We keep saying, it's okay...take your time. But enough is enough and it has gotten to the point where we need to see some kind of results and effort on his part to do the right thing. It has been months and months of empty promises.

I would be willing to give him a little wiggle room if people were actually receiving things - but that has yet to happen.

You know what at the end of the day you keep defending the indefensible, makes no odds to me its your money!!!

I personally feel that part of the problem is we have all been too lenient with Josh with no results on his part.

We keep saying, it's okay...take your time. But enough is enough and it has gotten to the point where we need to see some kind of results and effort on his part to do the right thing. It has been months and months of empty promises.

I would be willing to give him a little wiggle room if people were actually receiving things - but that has yet to happen.

Couldnt agree more! Thats my whole point, you people have condoned this with all your comments of pity!

This could also encourage others to pull the same stunts, you have to put your foot down at some point and stop being walked over!

:lecture:clap

I don't think not walking in the guys shoes has anything to do with the situation Josh keeps putting himself in. He ain't the only one here with a rough life. If he can't follow up with his promises, then don't keep them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back