DarkArtist's End of the Line Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DarkArtist's Creations of DOOM!

Josh, just FYI... my Rorschach figure called me last night. He said he's going to kill you in your sleep if you don't finish him soon. :lecture

:)lol)

DSCN5255.jpg

DSCN5256.jpg
Dayam Josh!?! That is a seriously nice repaint!

Can't wait to get my Joker with one of those shirts too!

Joker, sounds like it is getting closer! :drool

Got both the Obi-Wan and Joker heads today Josh!! They look amazing! Whats the easiest way to get Obi-Wan on the ROTS Obi-Wan body? I tried but felt like I was going to have to mash it down pretty hard. Didn't want to break it.

Got both the Obi-Wan and Joker heads today Josh!! They look amazing! Whats the easiest way to get Obi-Wan on the ROTS Obi-Wan body? I tried but felt like I was going to have to mash it down pretty hard. Didn't want to break it.

Oh crap... It might not be deeply dremeled enough. The Sunohc sculpt was pre dremeled so I didn't check it out.

In a worst case scenario... I'd say to cut the neck post down a bit and see if it fits. That is.. if you don't have a dremel.

Got ya! I will try that tomorrow. Thanks Josh!

Let me know what happens bro! I'd hate for it to break. You really have to watch out for the ponytail, that thing will snap off really easy.

Yeah, I already knocked it off. :lol Its cool I'll fix that tomorrow after I get the head back on.

Yeah, I can see this being one of those pieces. :lol Fix it turn around and damn gotta do it again. :lol

I dremeled it out and it fits now. Maybe a tiny bit loose but I'll fix that when I fix the pony tail. Thanks for the tip Josh.

That's great news Josh! I was a bit worried there. :lol

And sorry all for the lack of news or pics today.. I had a family function I had to attend, so it took me away from my brushes for the day. But tomorrow it is back to the grind for me. :duff

I wasn't sure how easy it would be but it was super easy to do. He looks great on the shelf. I'll get some pics of next weekend. Just not in a picture taking mood.

I wanted to ask a question Josh, (DarkArtist not you The Josh. :lol) When you do repaints do you ever strip off the old paint and repaint from scratch? Cause I just saw a guys repaint of his Indy PF on the forums here..Rugby..and was wondering if your gonna do like he did and strip off the old paint and repaint the entire thing when you get yours.

I wanted to ask a question Josh, (DarkArtist not you The Josh. :lol) When you do repaints do you ever strip off the old paint and repaint from scratch? Cause I just saw a guys repaint of his Indy PF on the forums here..Rugby..and was wondering if your gonna do like he did and strip off the old paint and repaint the entire thing when you get yours.

No, I never like to do that. Thankfully Sideshow doesn't paint as thick as they used to, so it's an unnecessary step IMO. I just paint right over it.

But I WILL be repainting and weathering my Indy PF.. I want that thing looking like a museum peice. :rock

And update, I finished Snake Sucker's Joker, and tomorrow that will be going out as well as Obsolete's Myers and a few other items. There will me much more finished stuff to reveal tomorrow as well, I am on the verge of completing a lot of stuff all at once. :D

No, I never like to do that. Thankfully Sideshow doesn't paint as thick as they used to, so it's an unnecessary step IMO. I just paint right over it.

But I WILL be repainting and weathering my Indy PF.. I want that thing looking like a museum peice. :rock

Yeah I wasn't sure if you did that or not, and I can't wait to see what you do to your Indy PF. I can tell you right now there's a good chance I'll be sending you mine, so you can do whatever you do to yours to mine. :rock2 It's really mine and my brothers though, we help each other out with our collection. And it's the regular so the whole statue would be coming your way, but it's cool cause we'll probably have you weather the jacket and whatever else you think needs it. I'll let you know whenever we decide to do that. :whip :gun

Holy S$%T Josh, I can't WAIT to see what you do with it! :rock

My exclusive arrives today or tomorrow and I can't wait for this piece. This is MY grail piece (can you tell by my signature photo...hehe)

I have Les lined up to repaint the heads, but I'm stoked to see how you paint up yours...and how you weather the outfit! :gun

Museum Piece!!! Indeed! :rock :rock :rock

sweet Josh!!!! Can't wait to see what you do with him. I have no doubt that it will look INSANE, and that I will want to send mine to you!

Hey Josh!!
Not rushing old friend, just curious if you still thought that the head paints might still ship pre-Holidays?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back