DarkArtist's End of the Line Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DarkArtist's Creations of DOOM!

Here is my latest work, if you didn't see it through Deadfest. :lol

DSCN3626.jpg

DSCN3625.jpg

DSCN3624.jpg

ZombieHead22.jpg

DSCN3558.jpg

DSCN3554.jpg

What type of paints and brushes do you recommend?

What type of paints and brushes do you recommend?

Sorry man, I still hadn't replied to your PM yet... Well, brushes... I don't have certain ones that I use. Just a variety of small round tipped brushes, a few large round tips for drybrushing, and a few random flats for those odd situations that warrant it.

Paints, best type to use is Model Master Acryl. You can find it online and at Hobby Lobby. You will absolutely need Warm Skin Tone, Base Skin Tone, Burnt Sienna, Umber of some sort, Red, Blue, Yellow, White and black. All other colors are secondary. Also for colors that you use for hair and dirt, various browns and blacks... you can use Apple Barrel paint from Walmart to save cash. The color is more chalky, so I would never use it for skin, but it works great for hair and dirt.

Anything else you need, don't hesitate to ask! :rock:rock:rock

Sorry man, I still hadn't replied to your PM yet... Well, brushes... I don't have certain ones that I use. Just a variety of small round tipped brushes, a few large round tips for drybrushing, and a few random flats for those odd situations that warrant it.

Paints, best type to use is Model Master Acryl. You can find it online and at Hobby Lobby. You will absolutely need Warm Skin Tone, Base Skin Tone, Burnt Sienna, Umber of some sort, Red, Blue, Yellow, White and black. All other colors are secondary. Also for colors that you use for hair and dirt, various browns and blacks... you can use Apple Barrel paint from Walmart to save cash. The color is more chalky, so I would never use it for skin, but it works great for hair and dirt.

Anything else you need, don't hesitate to ask! :rock:rock:rock

Thanks man!

Yes!!! I've finally received Hunk! This figure is just bad ass! Thank you so much DA for making my resident evil dream figure.
Enough said, here are the pics

Everything looks awesome but that wound goes beyond what I imagined!:monkey5:monkey5:monkey5

Josh rules!

Josh, where did you get the boots for Captain America?

I need some just like that for a custom I'm working on.

Yes!!! I've finally received Hunk! This figure is just bad ass! Thank you so much DA for making my resident evil dream figure.
Enough said, here are the pics

Everything looks awesome but that wound goes beyond what I imagined!:monkey5:monkey5:monkey5

Josh rules!

Thanks a lot man! I am just soo happy you got him safely! I was starting to get worried there, the PO wasn't telling me anything. :lol

It looks great displayed in there though, just as much a badass as he should be. I really had a blast working on him and with the wound it was nice that it was a HT rubber body... because I just gouged out some arm and went to town with the blood and gore. Really wanted it to look good under scrutiny. Glad to see that it was effective! It was wonderful doing business with you man, hope to again sometime! :rock

Here is my in work stuff as of late.... working on a lot more, just wanted to shout out to these people in particular...:lol

The first two are very much still in work, got lots to tweak to get them up to par like I want them. :rock

DSCN3627.jpg

DSCN3628.jpg

DSCN3629.jpg

DSCN3630.jpg

DSCN3632.jpg

Great work, as usual, Josh. It reminds me of what I need to get to you! :rock

And this pic is just weird....with the legs in the background all akimbo. :lol

DSCN3628.jpg

Great work, as usual, Josh. It reminds me of what I need to get to you! :rock

And this pic is just weird....with the legs in the background all akimbo. :lol

DSCN3628.jpg

:lol Thanks. I'm actually turning that Jean Reno into P!tu's Dad or at least trying to and the boots are from the Aliens HT figures that I am giving a Desert pain scheme. They are on my fingers there. :rotfl

Best way I could think of getting them into the shot. :D

Awesome Job on Zombie Cap! Did you paint the boots red yourself???

if you did HOW did you acheive such a quality result???

Thanks man! Yeah, I cut leather bits and glued them in place for the boots, and did several coats of red on top of that. Later I sealed them so they would not scratch. :rock

Here is my in work stuff as of late.... working on a lot more, just wanted to shout out to these people in particular...:lol

The first two are very much still in work, got lots to tweak to get them up to par like I want them. :rock

DSCN3629.jpg

Love that Red Skull, very sinister. Would probably make a nice Black Mask for the Batman fans out there.

I think the dude is off the hook. I can't wait to see the finished pieces either...

DA You got me wanting to pick up a HT Terminator just to see what you do to him !

Ah, what the heck, I just had to show off these masterpieces again.

Josh, you 'da man! :chew

img4189bi4.jpg

img4193gd8.jpg

img4190yq4.jpg

img4194ps9.jpg

SuperActionGuy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back