Dark Toys 1/6 Rick Deckard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As far as I know the early run of the knock off was the "good one". Later batches had downgraded painting. You can see it here in this thread as well. People that bought the head early received great looking sculpts with very detailed painting. The folks that were late to the party received the same sculpt sometimes even from the same seller but the painting just didn't look as good anymore. I have both. And you won't really be able to tell the difference from the product pictures alone.

I attached a picture of both of mine. But the light in both pictures is very different so it's not a perfect comparison. In my case the early and "good" version had blue eyes. The later "not so good anymore" version had green eyes. That might be the only way to tell.
is the later one still better than stock? do both have same size and same as stock no shrinkage?

is the later one still better than stock? do both have same size and same as stock no shrinkage?

It is. The skin color alone makes a big difference even if the paintjob isn't as delicate anymore.

No shrinkage, as far as I know.

Attachments

• Blade Runner Knock off heads.JPG
    Blade Runner Knock off heads.JPG
    169.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Blade Runner Ford Head Comparison.jpg
    Blade Runner Ford Head Comparison.jpg
    229.1 KB · Views: 0
How many sets of outfit did Deckard have in the movie?

Noticed Redman's outfit with polka dots and beige pants in the promo shots. Anyone kitbashed this version with dark toys and redman parts?

also apart from the shoe and head what else most of you guys swapped out?

Off the top of my head there were three main suits and one or two casual outfits.

The suits: opening film/Zhora chase scene suit (the most well known shirt and brown pants), visit to Tyrell to test Rachel with the Voight-Kampff and final Bradbury/Roy Batty chase sequence with the orange looking herringbone pants and jacket. Up until recently the final suit was near impossible to get accurate shirt pattern references for. When the final shirt went up for auction the pattern was very interesting to see.

Casual outfits: Rachel love scene ( I think maybe a dressing gown from memory) and the strange knitted thing he wears at the end for the final visit to see Rachel.

Last edited:
Off the top of my head there were three main suits and one or two casual outfits.

The suits: opening film/Zhora chase scene suit (the most well known shirt and brown pants), visit to Tyrell to test Rachel with the Voight-Kampff and final Bradbury/Roy Batty chase sequence with the orange looking herringbone pants and jacket. Up until recently the final suit was near impossible to get accurate shirt pattern references for. When the final shirt went up for auction the pattern was very interesting to see.

Casual outfits: Rachel love scene ( I think maybe a dressing gown from memory) and the strange knitted thing he wears at the end for the final visit to see Rachel.
which scene were dark toys and redman from? there was a thread in another forum talking about all the suits they found including the assignment scene, but the lighting really throws the colors off totally.

at least redman still not obsolete lol.

I think Deckard wore 5 different shirts in BR:

The "noodle" shirt with the swirly purple stripes
The "VK" lozenge pattern shirt
The "Zhora" Western style shirt
The "Bradbury" shirt

...and finally, a maroon shirt (where only the collar is visible), in the "escape" scene.

i just received the $20 recast head. can anyone tell me which one i got the good paint or the so so paint and if it is better than dark toys since i dont have dark toys. sorry for the potato cam.

will use it on the redman deckard.

IMG_20240122_210424.jpg
IMG_20240122_210610.jpg
IMG_20240122_210635.jpg

i just received the $20 recast head. can anyone tell me which one i got the good paint or the so so paint and if it is better than dark toys since i dont have dark toys. sorry for the potato cam.

Clearly the "so so paint" version. But it's still better than the original Dark Toys head. The skin tone alone makes all the difference. In my opinion at least...

Clearly the "so so paint" version. But it's still better than the original Dark Toys head. The skin tone alone makes all the difference. In my opinion at least...
in your photo is it the one on the left or middle because i though the left looks clearer while the middle looks abit blurry under the same lighting. it does have abit of shine on the skin instead of matte.

ok it seems mine same as the one on the right most but your lightning made it tanner. the eyelash and eyebrows is a giveaway.

Last edited:
in your photo is it the one on the left or middle because i though the left looks clearer while the middle looks abit blurry under the same lighting. it does have abit of shine on the skin instead of matte.

ok it seems mine same as the one on the right most but your lightning made it tanner. the eyelash and eyebrows is a giveaway.
You mean this picture?
I added a description, just in case. Hope that helps.

Attachments

• Blade Runner Ford Head Comparison.jpg
    Blade Runner Ford Head Comparison.jpg
    254.7 KB · Views: 0
You mean this picture?
I added a description, just in case. Hope that helps.
yea looks like the worse one the eyelash is a giveaway the seller used the photo of the early ones, same photo as someone showed from aliexpress.

welp time to deploy my newly acquired make up skills.

Back