Dark Toys 1/6 Rick Deckard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Too good to pass up based on your photos, so I just bought the last one. Hope its the same as the one you got.

I figure its best to get it now while the casting and paint are still good. Cheaper versions will follow.

I noticed they put up another 'last one' after I got mine.

It's a neat sales tactic. I wonder if another 'last one' will go up soon?

Who'd you buy from? My listing said sold out and disappeared... but I'll check and see if they went back up. I do see that tactic used a lot. Like "Going out of business" that never does.

EDIT: YEP! :lol It's right back up. $28.49 and 10 hours left. Hurry! Hurry!!!

Who'd you buy from? My listing said sold out and disappeared... but I'll check and see if they went back up. I do see that tactic used a lot. Like "Going out of business" that never does.

EDIT: YEP! :lol It's right back up. $28.49 and 10 hours left. Hurry! Hurry!!!

It was luck-market.

I just saw too they had another 'last one' listed. :lol

Yep, luck-market. Let's hope we have the luck to get our ebay item.

If the difference in quality is as great as shown in Budo17's photos I can move my Deckard anywhere, and not have to have him set up under just the right lighting so he looks human (or even replicant). :lol

This photo says it all just how bad the finish was:

So I got one of those eBay sculpts, and I must say it looks quite good. He looks a little skinnier than the Dark Toys one, but next to each other it’s quite an improvement. Especially for me, since I truly cannot paint sculpts.
411899-4EEBBDAB-02D7-44AA-AD8F-E6E6F235033D.jpeg

I thought Dark Toys was going to be Redman's higher end division, but they had better paintwork a decade ago.

It's the weirdest thing, because under the right light and at the right angle it completely transforms. But that's not much good for regular display.

Fortunately the sculpt itself is great. The same thing happened with MJChoi's McClane; better scaled and nicer paint job on the mass-produced $30 recast. I think they did bbkill's Connery as well which I never bought but looked very nice.

It's odd indeed on this one as the "recast" looks to be the same size as the original recast -- usually there's a bit of shrinkage. I wonder if Dark Toys just sold the cast?

Fortunately the sculpt itself is great. The same thing happened with MJChoi's McClane; better scaled and nicer paint job on the mass-produced $30 recast. I think they did bbkill's Connery as well which I never bought but looked very nice.

There was a moment when I was holding the sculpt under a lamp, and as I turned it the finish changed entirely from yellow and rubbery into something very respectable.

And then it was gone. Really frustrating. I couldn't find a display place that could replicate it, but only improve it.

It's odd indeed on this one as the "recast" looks to be the same size as the original recast -- usually there's a bit of shrinkage. I wonder if Dark Toys just sold the cast?

Maybe it's Redman/DT themselves doing the paintwork, and getting some extra mileage out of the sculpts?

Bought mine at luck market as well, though I wonder how big the step up is with the 100 sculpt. I remember the McClane recast was really good in the beginning, the ones offered now are so deformed it’s freaky. Still regret I never got that one.

Bought mine at luck market as well, though I wonder how big the step up is with the 100 sculpt. I remember the McClane recast was really good in the beginning, the ones offered now are so deformed it’s freaky. Still regret I never got that one.

That's my fear. They buy a cast and use it and use it until it hardly makes good sculpts anymore. Once they establish themselves with solid work, they tend to get very sloppy over time.

If anyone wants one, now is the time.

I also just got the other last one. We joke about it, but sooner or later, there really is only one left. I regret not picking up more of those Treasure Hunter Indy heads, or the rooted Ripley heads. Better to have a few spare than none.

Back