Dark Toys 1/6 Rick Deckard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I spent some time unpicking all the stitching on the belt and I think that'll do me.

It leaves some holes, but they look more like an intentional pattern and not out of place, kind of goes with the southwestern design motif of the shirt, to my sensibilities.

View attachment 562855

Was all prepared to order another belt, but removing the stitching will be good enough for mine.

Yep, that looks good.

I'm glad you're doing all this first so I know it works in advance. ;)

I got my invisible thread in today. I will try that technique first and if that sucks...I will go the fabri-tac way for the collar.

I like the removal of the stitching on the belt--looks good and takes away from the gawdy looking out of place white stitching.

Yep, that looks good.

I'm glad you're doing all this first so I know it works in advance. ;)
It's great fun experimenting with this kind of thing for me, and being able to get the experience documented before others attempt is a nice change from me following existing work Nice to give back.

The holster's got a bit more of a question mark at this stage. This guys work is about as a good a reference as you're going to get and the Dark Toys iteration isn't really close in any respect. It's something I'm having difficulting trying to think of a material to make it out of, but that heat moulded plastic sheeting is currently my best idea thus far as that can be easily cut to the right shape and heated around the PK-D to get the right shape. I'm always hesitant to put a lot of work into something that'll be seen so infrequently; or at all but it's probably inevitable.

. I'm always hesitant to put a lot of work into something that'll be seen so infrequently; or at all but it's probably inevitable.
This is what makes us collectors. Always chasing the perfect item to represent what we love. Even if it means putting in that extra work. I think the only people that understand this are, in fact, us.

Can't wait to see what you do.

It's great fun experimenting with this kind of thing for me, and being able to get the experience documented before others attempt is a nice change from me following existing work Nice to give back.

The holster's got a bit more of a question mark at this stage. This guys work is about as a good a reference as you're going to get and the Dark Toys iteration isn't really close in any respect. It's something I'm having difficulting trying to think of a material to make it out of, but that heat moulded plastic sheeting is currently my best idea thus far as that can be easily cut to the right shape and heated around the PK-D to get the right shape. I'm always hesitant to put a lot of work into something that'll be seen so infrequently; or at all but it's probably inevitable.

Yeah one can definitely lose sight of 'the forest for the trees' in this hobby.

I wasn't planning on going anywhere as deep as you with the holster. I do plan to keep his gun in it, so as to bring attention to the handle rather than the holster.

I have those pictures of the holster also. The stitch lines in the DT holster are, for me, OK to leave as they very loosely mimic what's there (unlike the belt) -- just need to mute them quite a bit in color... and the holster itself needs to be brought into the correct color range. It's nowhere near that caramel color currently. I'm going to give it a go with acrylic paint -- I'll try drybrushing first but may be forced to paint fully. The stitching will then have to be darkened, hopefully by simple staining with darker acrylics. I don't have high hopes it will look great, but I think it will be serviceable enough.

You might give it a try before you go all-out.

Mine has just arrived in the country, should be here within the next couple of days or so. My grail finally👌🏻

Anybody still not receive theirs from KG Hobby?

"Origin Post is Preparing Shipment"

2e0.gif

Anybody still not receive theirs from KG Hobby?
Mine has been in “origin post…” since Feb. 8th. I ordered it on the 21st so with EMS I usually don’t get things for at least a month and sometimes even 6 weeks later. 😞 If at all possible I choose DHL and pay a bit more. Not sure if KG offers that.

Back