Dark Phoenix PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks great! It's all in the lighting. The light in theses pics are too blown out and are sapping away the reds. Just look at the highlights on the gold. Sculpt and face look awesome.

It looks great! It's all in the lighting. The light in theses pics are too blown out and are sapping away the reds. Just look at the highlights on the gold. Sculpt and face look awesome.

Hey Buttornado, would spraying the statue down with a matte finish be a valid option to diminish the reds? I love what I've seen so far, but if it's too overpowering in hand it might be something that I may consider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15871828_699038260259547_8986358661222876103_n_zpsjrtqbgk4.jpg

15894889_699038246926215_7898700354155289961_n_zpscebv5mfx.jpg

Glad I didn't Cancel :rock:rock:rock:rock:rock

Hey Buttornado, would spraying the statue down with a matte finish be a valid option to diminish the reds? I love what I've seen so far, but if it's too overpowering in hand it might be something that I may consider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think it's necessary. It's definitely the photos that are making it look that way. Captain marvel looked glossy too before collectors got her. SS does matte paint now. I'd be surprised if it was shipped glossy.

Looks good to me, too! Will be happy to get this Dark Phoenix in hand.

I am very confident this will look great with my XM Phoenix. Both the XM Phoenix and this SSC Dark Phoenix look phenomenal!

Thanks for the pics Rulk
I like the red on the proto 1000x better but it's not enough to make me cancel my order

I agree. When I saw this at SDCC, the matted red really made this thing stand out--It was subtle, yet made her seem loud. The glossy cherry red makes her seem more cartoonish to me-- undermines the strong sculpt.

Keeping my order, to judge in hand. I really hope it does work out.

Back