Dark Phoenix PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's too bad the Wolverine base has the black painted line while Dark Phoenix is all silver, which I prefer actually. Would have paired a little better if they'd been the same, but small gripe. Like it otherwise. Didn't seem to look quite as glossy in that video, which is good.

Really dont like the new paint, its still a good staute but the paintjob looks cheap compared to the prototype. I thinking about cancelling and just buying captain Marvel

My only fear with this piece is the base. The flaming Phoenix looks like it's made of a clear resin. From personal experience, I've found that any flaming parts made of clear resin break pretty easily during shipping. It'll be interesting to see what collectors say when they have her in hand.

My only fear with this piece is the base. The flaming Phoenix looks like it's made of a clear resin. From personal experience, I've found that any flaming parts made of clear resin break pretty easily during shipping. It'll be interesting to see what collectors say when they have her in hand.

Something else about the base...it's big. That's what hit me when I saw this piece at WonderCon and SDCC. It's about the diameter of the Classic Catwoman base. A bit of a space-eater.

Really dont like the new paint, its still a good staute but the paintjob looks cheap compared to the prototype. I thinking about cancelling and just buying captain Marvel

Well if you don't like Dark Phoenix, then you will Love Capt. Marvel

15822849_1306385969424680_4820430598761574464_n.jpg

Oh the Light up option is mine

Dark Phoenix is going to be just as good as Captain Marvel. Wait and see ....I'm sure of it.

Yes it is Thanos and did you see the Price they wanted $650, for that kind of money, the store better supply Lube or a 50% off next purchase :lol:lol:lol:lol

If figured it was, given the size, but wasn't for certain.

Yeah, and that price is nuts. They need to get with the game. You can't sell stuff like that, at prices like that to collectors like us, and expect to move inventory on a regular basis.

If figured it was, given the size, but wasn't for certain.

Yeah, and that price is nuts. They need to get with the game. You can't sell stuff like that, at prices like that to collectors like us, and expect to move inventory on a regular basis.

Don't most small LCS sell statues at a markup?

I always just assumed that due to them only buying a low number of units, they pretty much buy the statue straight from Sideshow etc, and add their profit on top?

Don't most small LCS sell statues at a markup?

I always just assumed that due to them only buying a low number of units, they pretty much buy the statue straight from Sideshow etc, and add their profit on top?

I agree they have to mark them up, but doesn't Sideshow sell them at more of a 'wholesale' price to help encourage profit margins without forcing LCS's to sell to the consumer at steep prices?

Wow....that was awkward to watch. :lol (And I mean that in the nicest possible way. My hat goes off to these guys.)

The statue looks great though. :rotfl

Wow....that was awkward to watch. :lol (And I mean that in the nicest possible way. My hat goes off to these guys.)

The statue looks great though. :rotfl

I echo that. The audible beeps were way out of balance with the rest of the sound too making my ear drums hurt.

I do feel she looks good in relation to shading details in time stamp 8:54.

This may be a piece that doesn't photograph, or look the best in videos without the perfect amount of light. I would love to see her in natural daylight outside. I'm still seeing more gloss than I would like otherwise she looks great.

/

Back