Dark Phoenix PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Give me an example of a time when one person (supposedly) received a 5% off discount, and then receiving 10% off at a later date?

X number of people default on NRDS

NRDs are cash in hand, cash is king... So any incentive to get that order in is what SS cares about.

Since someone else pointed out they'll wait longer for an exponentially greater discount without really proving there would be one, it's a ridiculous assumption to make when viewing all the factors that go against

Ie deflation, high demand, exclusivity, a major XMEN releasing prior to shipping

Yeah good luck with that $50 discount, I don't see it happening

Let me tell you what you are doing . You are changing the argument because you can't refute my last point.

The point the entire time was debating whether it was a good idea to wait for a discount or to preorder right away. The collector who waited a couple of weeks to buy the dark Phoenix PF received a 5% code did they not? Had they preordered on day 1 this would have been impossible. Last I checked buying something for 5% or 10% off is better than paying retail is it not?

oh in case you missed it. I ordered Spider-Man last week for 10%($47) off and had it shipped on Friday. Last I heard he is arguably Marvel's most popular character. So what is it about Dark Phoenix that makes it impossible to have further discounts on her?

Last edited:
Ur right, however this ships in December/ January when there is an influx in spending and anticipation of the January effect. If currency depreciates, it will impact May thru October the most before spiking back up.

Based on precedent.

Boom *****

Lol⋯⋯go team day 1 preorder!
I don't know economics but I know bs when I see it.

Last edited:
without a doubt some people beat the system and sometimes get big discounts. If you do, then great, but I'm just leary of advising everyone to wait for discounts. Like I said, if you like it get it, if your passionate about a piece lock it in sooner than later. Simple as that. I'v seen several times where peeps brag about how they are waiting or can get it later for less than retail...cbg...you know he has that market cornered. To each their own, if you can wait great, but I dont look any less at a person who ordered right away to secure a piece they really enjoy.

without a doubt some people beat the system and sometimes get big discounts. If you do, then great, but I'm just leary of advising everyone to wait for discounts. Like I said, if you like it get it, if your passionate about a piece lock it in sooner than later. Simple as that. I'v seen several times where peeps brag about how they are waiting or can get it later for less than retail...cbg...you know he has that market cornered. To each their own, if you can wait great, but I dont look any less at a person who ordered right away to secure a piece they really enjoy.

And he always gets burned :lol

good post, although cbg isn't necessarily the best example : )

In the end, there are options - make a decision that is best for you.

Just for giggles I tried getting a 10% code for Phoenix and it worked.
Wasn't going to order her so if anyone is interested PM me.

good post, although cbg isn't necessarily the best example : )

In the end, there are options - make a decision that is best for you.

Speaking of which, haven't seen CBG in a while

I'm using Firefox. I placed her in my cart and stayed on that page. Within about 10 minutes I saw a POP over that says take 10% off your entire order. Just for kicks I added another PF statue in my cart that was over 499.00 and I removed Phoenix and it said my purchase doesn't qualify. I added Phoenix back in my cart and it took the 50.00 off. The coupon code for Phoenix was automatically added to my account and saved.

In the end I placed my PO for Dark Phoenix using the 50.00 off code. I do like the Promo pics and I will place her next to XM Phoenix when I get her.

Last edited:
Does SS establish edition size before PO open? Or do they wait and see how many PO first month or so then establish the ES?

The reason I ask is if people had the patience of waiting to PO instead of day one could we possible see a smaller edition size + future discount?

Does SS establish edition size before PO open? Or do they wait and see how many PO first month or so then establish the ES?

The reason I ask is if people had the patience of waiting to PO instead of day one could we possible see a smaller edition size + future discount?

It's the latter.

Broke down and bought this with the 10% code too. If I can do the same for every future statue like I have the last two, at least that will keep the prices more in my comfort zone. Although when does the base price become $549.99?

I'm using Firefox. I placed her in my cart and stayed on that page. Within about 10 minutes I saw a POP over that says take 10% off your entire order. Just for kicks I added another PF statue in my cart that was over 499.00 and I removed Phoenix and it said my purchase doesn't qualify. I added Phoenix back in my cart and it took the 50.00 off. The coupon code for Phoenix was automatically added to my account and saved.

In the end I placed my PO for Dark Phoenix using the 50.00 off code. I do like the Promo pics and I will place her next to XM Phoenix when I get her.

25244307439_fa56591c72_c.jpg

It says entire purchase at 10% off but when i add another item in, the error message of the new item added does not qualify pops up...

It says entire purchase at 10% off but when i add another item in, the error message of the new item added does not qualify pops up...

That's correct. I tried every which way to add a second figure higher than 500.00 , the new figure didn't qualify. The only figure that will qualify is the one you have added to your cart initially before you received the POP over.

It is still a good deal to receive 50.00 off her price.

Congrats on getting the 10% off code as some have reported only 5% off. :hi5:

That's correct. I tried every which way to add a second figure higher than 500.00 , the new figure didn't qualify. The only figure that will qualify is the one you have added to your cart initially before you received the POP over.

It is still a good deal to receive 50.00 off her price.

Congrats on getting the 10% off code as some have reported only 5% off. :hi5:

Ah I never got the pop up thing to work, does it work with Safari browser? I am using Mac computer.

Is there any trick? Maybe my computer block the pop up message and I need to enable it? Delete cookies?

Ah I never got the pop up thing to work, does it work with Safari browser? I am using Mac computer.

Is there any trick? Maybe my computer block the pop up message and I need to enable it? Delete cookies?

It's all about removing ALL cookies for the browser you are using. Safari should work too. You can download Firefox for OSX and that will be a fresh load since you have never used it so no cookies. Go to sideshowtoy.com and type in search box Phoenix. Just click Pre order and stay on that page for like 5 minutes and you should see the POP OVER. It will take over your page and look like the picture I posted. Some will get 5% off and some will get 10% off like I did. If you navigate away from that page you will NEVER see the POP OVER again until you remove all cookies and start over.

Hope this helps you :hi5:

It's all about removing ALL cookies for the browser you are using. Safari should work too. You can download Firefox for OSX and that will be a fresh load since you have never used it so no cookies. Go to sideshowtoy.com and type in search box Phoenix. Just click Pre order and stay on that page for like 5 minutes and you should see the POP OVER. It will take over your page and look like the picture I posted. Some will get 5% off and some will get 10% off like I did. If you navigate away from that page you will NEVER see the POP OVER again until you remove all cookies and start over.

Hope this helps you :hi5:

Thanks I will try later, I want to do it for Green Goblin as I already bought this Dark Phoenix. But I will try on this too to see if it get that pop up or not.

So I am assuming you have to log in first?

Back