Dark Phoenix PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know Sideshow can do know wrong, Ink, but how does one abuse a coupon that can only be used on a specific item and is created by Sideshow? If getting a lot of people to order a statue they were unsure about, like me, is abuse then maybe Sideshow should give back our money :)

I think the discount codes are still there. I'll try it again later ...this time on the green goblin. We shall see ....

Aw man ...that sucks!

So SSC's response was to make it a one time deal?! ...great.

Well, they're just "unlucky" I guess that they changed it after I used them and ordered two statues I wasn't going to otherwise. They must be pissed at me for spending $900 instead of nothing...

Sideshow has increased their prices by 50 percent, so the least they can do is give us a discount once and a while.

lol "abuse". that's a good one [emoji38]

I know Sideshow can do know wrong, Ink, but how does one abuse a coupon that can only be used on a specific item and is created by Sideshow? If getting a lot of people to order a statue they were unsure about, like me, is abuse then maybe Sideshow should give back our money :)
What he's talking about with the abuse is the multiple people who called in to Sideshow saying they were owed a discount because they already ordered and people were just now ordering and getting it.

So now in response the discounts will be curbed. So you can thank those people.

People always like to down Sideshow. Fact is they give 5% back on every purchase. Plus they give discounts at random times. They allow you to use as much or as little of your rewards as you like even on brand new POs. They do events with sales, giveaways, and free rewards. The do monthly giveaways. They allow you to make up your own payment plans and soon you're going to have the option of paying off a statue once it ships if you want it sooner.

So all the bitching aside name another company that does that much?

Well, people calling into Sideshow about not getting a coupon is not abuse of a coupon. It's whining. So whining killed the coupon, not abuse.

And Sideshow does a lot of good things, but the flip side is that anyone who thinks Sideshow are doing any of the things you mentioned out of the kindness of their hearts is delusional. Sideshow is no better or worse than any other company, which basically translates to money is king. And that's fine. It's called capitalism.

At the end of the day SS is just another business. Their customer service is nothing like it was 7+ years ago. They're now in a position where they can do as they please. One of the keys to growing/maintaining a successful business is marketing. SS excels at this.
The rewards and giveaways are nothing more than clever marketing.

If someone doesn't like how SS runs their business then stop giving them any. Move on.

What he's talking about with the abuse is the multiple people who called in to Sideshow saying they were owed a discount because they already ordered and people were just now ordering and getting it.

So now in response the discounts will be curbed. So you can thank those people.

People always like to down Sideshow. Fact is they give 5% back on every purchase. Plus they give discounts at random times. They allow you to use as much or as little of your rewards as you like even on brand new POs. They do events with sales, giveaways, and free rewards. The do monthly giveaways. They allow you to make up your own payment plans and soon you're going to have the option of paying off a statue once it ships if you want it sooner. I just had one pop up, so I guess they're not curbed yet. They just offer them on thing

So all the bitching aside name another company that does that much?
I just had one pop up, so I guess they're not curbed yet. They just offer them on things they are trying to increase sales on. They're starting to flood themselves with their own product and a lot of their items aren't holding their value anymore.

the codes aren't dead. A friend just ordered wolvie for 10% off.

People who paid full price and call to complain to SS now for a discount is plain stupid. Imagine buying a TV and then going to the store to demand a discount 3 months later because they were having a sale.

the codes aren't dead. A friend just ordered wolvie for 10% off.

People who paid full price and call to complain to SS now for a discount is plain stupid. Imagine buying a TV and then going to the store to demand a discount 3 months later because they were having a sale.

That example doesn't work because you get to enjoy your tv for 3 months before the discount occurs. In this case you pay more for nothing. Sure you are guaranteed your statue but with the high ES and TBD nothing sells out quickly. You don't even have your statue shipped out faster...my friend ordered his on the day of preorder and it still hasn't shipped. Meanwhile I ordered in late February and already have my statue. Weird to treat early preorders this way.

People have been saying for the last several months not to pre-order right away given the high edition sizes....

That example doesn't work because you get to enjoy your tv for 3 months before the discount occurs. In this case you pay more for nothing. Sure you are guaranteed your statue but with the high ES and TBD nothing sells out quickly. You don't even have your statue shipped out faster...my friend ordered his on the day of preorder and it still hasn't shipped. Meanwhile I ordered in late February and already have my statue. Weird to treat early preorders this way.

ok, a better example. I purchase a brand new car which is going to be shipped to me in a couple of months. They subsequently have a sale/promotion. Good luck trying to go back to the dealership for a discount.

By ordering day 1 you are guaranteed to get one. That is something. The rest of us took a chance (albeit a calculated one) by ordering later on.

In the end, it is a lesson for everyone moving forward. Don't order day 1 unless you don't care about saving 10%.

Back