Dark Phoenix PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The face reminds me a lot of Famke Jansson's portrayal

e379de9489c2cbaec13a008d94c315f7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, probably why I'm not feeling it. Hopefully there's a different head sculpt included.

No, but I'm assuming she will. We'll find out next week when she'll be up for PO. I can't wait to see the reveal!

so the unveil happens on Tuesday January 5th and preorders on the 7th correct?

So excited for the unveil

One way or another I'm gonna start redeeming my reward points balance. It's been a long time, and I think Ill feel a sense of ease moving forward. I've been so amped for the X-MEN line which has shown few signs of continuing lately, but with Dark Phoenix, I feel that my collection is starting to come to an equilibrium.

I have enough Marvel and DC pieces to fill an entire room, I just want to put some control on this compulsive addiction collecting / hoarding etc.

Dark Phoenix kinda completes the X-MEN line if they didn't continue it, Id be pretty bummed but it wouldn't make or break any decision at this point. I started with Gambit and Gambit alone. They did release some astounding pieces since then, and some not so much. But the rate at the XMEN are going, I'd probably be in a coffin (or cremated) before I'd get my way. So after Dark Phoenix I'm not holding onto the hope of more X-MEN, even though likely... I've realized, Id probably never be satisfied and always want more characters.

Last edited:
I threw my name into the hat for the Dark Phoenix figure. Plus, they're pulling the winning name on my birthday, so maybe the fates will look favorably upon me. LOL!

Completely looking forward to this reveal! As with others in this thread - the announcement was fantastic to hear! As an X-Men fan I would love to add her to my collection to go alongside my Jean Grey PF :)

Looking forward to seeing more images of this piece.

Can't wait to see the reveal!!

I'm hoping to see the Phoenix in the background, but I'm not holding my breath since that would be too similar to XM's

I hope to see the Phoenix force as well. And I don't mind if it looks like XM's.

I feel like this would be incomplete without a flaming bird somewhere. It makes more sense for Dark Phoenix, too.

So excited for the unveil

One way or another I'm gonna start redeeming my reward points balance. It's been a long time, and I think Ill feel a sense of ease moving forward. I've been so amped for the X-MEN line which has shown few signs of continuing lately, but with Dark Phoenix, I feel that my collection is starting to come to an equilibrium.

I have enough Marvel and DC pieces to fill an entire room, I just want to put some control on this compulsive addiction collecting / hoarding etc.

I'm starting to think along the same lines. I'm wavering on whether to save up all my points for my definitive Batman from Prime One, or wait for the few X-Men pieces that I'm hoping SS makes. It's tough because the CAD keeps on getting lower and lower and the prices keep getting higher the longer I wait. But it is what it is.

Props on the Dark Phoenix prediction btw. Did David get in touch with you regarding design ideas for DP?

I feel like this would be incomplete without a flaming bird somewhere. It makes more sense for Dark Phoenix, too.

I'd love to see something like the flaming head and part of the wings of the Phoenix Force coming up from a sun going supernova base beginning to engulf Jean.

I'm starting to think along the same lines. I'm wavering on whether to save up all my points for my definitive Batman from Prime One, or wait for the few X-Men pieces that I'm hoping SS makes. It's tough because the CAD keeps on getting lower and lower and the prices keep getting higher the longer I wait. But it is what it is.

Props on the Dark Phoenix prediction btw. Did David get in touch with you regarding design ideas for DP?

I'd love to see something like the flaming head and part of the wings of the Phoenix Force coming up from a sun going supernova base beginning to engulf Jean.

Ill just start off by saying I am truly grateful a Dark Phoenix PF is being made.

If I criticized the pose I'd probably go against one of my cardinal rules being if you don't have something nice to say....

Either or, it baffles me when Sideshow gets the input from collectors on that other forum, most of them tear everything apart and don't end up purchasing it, and when it is well received they jump up and down on the bandwagon.

Cus, yeah a Magneto PF totally wouldn't sell?? .... *sarcasm*

I started collecting in 2010, and what they've done for other lines in comparison to the XMEN line is a bit unfair IMO. I mean, they pumped out several Avengers, Court of the Dead, HeMan pieces within a year.. and 5 years later I am grateful for a Dark Phoenix, but I do think they missed the boat on some opportunities. IE-Magneto sold like hotcakes for XM, same with Phoenix (I wonder why..).

My classic pieces were designed at a time when Sideshow was a much different company, the art director left (at the time) and although many of those pieces were static in pose and more museum, I still think those were some of the best work released (IE-Gambit, Hawkeye, Deadpool, Freddy Krueger, Psylocke, Cyclops, Storm) ETC.

I'm still optimistic about the pose on Dark Phoenix, but either or it's almost a guarantee that Ill preorder it, I do think that the person that was behind the line back during inception KNEW what epitomized and made each character great. I wouldn't have picked either pose on the recent Jean, or Emma but I still managed to make it my own for my collection.

Back