Dark Knight Rises Movie Masters review and discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Dark Knight Rises Movie Masters Bane, Batman, Alfred, catwoman review

Glad that hunt is over. Now if the secret figure really is Ra's, I'll only be missing 1 Nolan Batman villain :yess: Catwoman is decent, looks nothing like Hathaway, but still a good overall figure. Bane is the best MM so far for TDKR. He is just a beast.

Lucky you for getting the batpod before it became super pricey.
And yeah somehow i will end up having 3 dark knight suited bats and one begins after i get the rises batman to get the build a piece... i have the reg dark knight w/custom cloth cape, night vision bat's, and concept suit begins.
like them all but seems like too many bats... not to mention i have 2 first release jokers with one custom face paint, 1 jail cell joker, harvey dent, two face, scarecrow arkham ver, bane, catwoman goggles down, and GL Hal masked ver... movie masters has drained my wallet over the years, but i like their style so im not done yet, i still want to get alfred, rises bat, the two other rises figs, and a gordon to finish it up, the joker thugs and other variant are not on my top list for now

Yea man I still remember that day. Target was having a sale of you bought the TDK suit figure and the Batpod. Think it was only $14.99 when oh bought the figure.

I have 1 TDK Suit Bats, First Night Out Bruce, Interrogation and regular Joker, Two-Face, Scarecrow in a suit, and now Bane.

Non DC MM that I have are all of the Avatar MM figures. Love those. The 3D thing you got with all the figures was an awesome thing IMO

Still need Catwoman, Alfred, Walmart EX Gordon, Kmart EX Batman, SDCC Batman, and Begins Suit Batman :thud :slap

I have no interest in the thugs. I wanted the Matty Collector EX of BR Joker but that went quick and now goes for way more than its worth IMO
Glad that hunt is over. Now if the secret figure really is Ra's, I'll only be missing 1 Nolan Batman villain :yess: Catwoman is decent, looks nothing like Hathaway, but still a good overall figure. Bane is the best MM so far for TDKR. He is just a beast.
yea Bane definitely looks awesome. The version with his coat at least. I'm tempted to do like Buttmuch did and do an arms swap with the TRU exclusive set
:duff Good luck!
Thanks man! :hi5:

Kinda OT, but at this point, is it possible to find the comic build-a-figure Bane for a reasonable price?

Goggles down version looks a lot more like her from the film...

Yea man I still remember that day. Target was having a sale of you bought the TDK suit figure and the Batpod. Think it was only $14.99 when oh bought the figure.

I have 1 TDK Suit Bats, First Night Out Bruce, Interrogation and regular Joker, Two-Face, Scarecrow in a suit, and now Bane.

Non DC MM that I have are all of the Avatar MM figures. Love those. The 3D thing you got with all the figures was an awesome thing IMO

Still need Catwoman, Alfred, Walmart EX Gordon, Kmart EX Batman, SDCC Batman, and Begins Suit Batman :thud :slap

I have no interest in the thugs. I wanted the Matty Collector EX of BR Joker but that went quick and now goes for way more than its worth IMO

I say this with all politeness to you sir: FU for getting the batpod for so cheap, they run at 90-120 average now on ebay...
but seriously, i dint have my creditcard back then so i had to watch the first release go by... i am hopping that mattel will re release it since the goggles down catwoman will look awesome on it, posed like in the promo posters... plus i dont want to pay top price for something that originally cost max 20$

nice masters set...

my only exclusive/variant that i wanted to grab was the demon batman from begins but again that goes for top$$$

Thanks to the tip on Barnes & Noble. I found Catwoman today both versions (goggles up and down). Also picked up the Bane vs. Batman TRU exclusive.

Getting closer to a complete Batman Movie Masters set. I have all the Begins/Dark Knight figures and variants, and so far I've found Batman, Catwoman (goggles up), Bane, Alfred and the Batman/Bane two-pack from DKRises. And now I have a Gordon on the way from a fellow poster on the Mattycollector boards.

Since I've preordered the Ra's and Blake from BBTS (hopefully they'll get this particular order in...) and have a friend getting the Con exclusive Bruce for me, all I'm hunting for is Catwoman with the goggles down. Great series so far, and I love having a small scale universe to compliment my Hot Toys figures.

yea Bane definitely looks awesome. The version with his coat at least. I'm tempted to do like Buttmuch did and do an arms swap with the TRU exclusive set

Thanks man! :hi5:

Getting closer to a complete Batman Movie Masters set. I have all the Begins/Dark Knight figures and variants, and so far I've found Batman, Catwoman (goggles up), Bane, Alfred and the Batman/Bane two-pack from DKRises. And now I have a Gordon on the way from a fellow poster on the Mattycollector boards.

Since I've preordered the Ra's and Blake from BBTS (hopefully they'll get this particular order in...) and have a friend getting the Con exclusive Bruce for me, all I'm hunting for is Catwoman with the goggles down. Great series so far, and I love having a small scale universe to compliment my Hot Toys figures.

you are lucky for having everyone of them on order, in hand or on their way... some of the MM are insanely priced to even try and get

you are lucky for having everyone of them on order, in hand or on their way... some of the MM are insanely priced to even try and get

I've been collecting them since they were first released, so none besides Demon Batman and Bruce Wayne Batman were difficult to come by. Many clogged shelves back in the day for a long time before fans really took an interest. I love the collection, though and really hope Mattel decides to delve into the older Batman movies as well.

I've been collecting them since they were first released, so none besides Demon Batman and Bruce Wayne Batman were difficult to come by. Many clogged shelves back in the day for a long time before fans really took an interest. I love the collection, though and really hope Mattel decides to delve into the older Batman movies as well.

It would be awesome if they did any of the old films, like a legacy of the bat box set, with 89 batman or returns, batman forever, batman and robin, and bale batman... no need for two of keaton... just a legacy of the actors not the films themselfs, and maybe have a variant set with returns keaton , silver bat from forever , ice armor from batman and robins, and a maskless bale batman with pull over mask with the backpack instead of the cape to simulate the jump scene in japan... what do you all thing of those sets and ideas... could be done right...???

Also something out of nowhere happen to me today... went to walmart and they just received a box of series one, i grabbed both the batman and alfred from the line right away since they are only getting one box of each ...

Last edited:

Picked up the Gordon EX today :yess:

Was lucky that they had 2 b/c one was open. Now only Alfred and Catwoman to find.

Was lucky that they had 2 b/c one was open. Now only Alfred and Catwoman to find.

Congrats, bro. :hi5: I found Gordon a few weeks ago and then found Catwoman at TRU last week. Got another Cat this week at Barnes and Nizzles. Both googles up. I kept one NIB in case I find a googles down version so I can exchange it for that one. So far, no luck with googles down. Got a week left before the refund expires. :pray:

since this has become the main tread for the movie masters , ill post my review of them here also

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZGvbq9bBRg&list=UUPVKQzOY6Ms4RMXmbIhtWOg&index=1&feature=plcp"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZGvbq9bBRg&list=UUPVKQzOY6Ms4RMXmbIhtWOg&index=1&feature=plcp[/ame]

Found Gordon the other night at Wally World also :hi5: I was so sick of Wal Mart employees giving me the "just stop talking to me I'm stoned" look when I would ask. I saw the box labelled Movie Masters so I just opened the box and grabbed the 2 in the case. 1 for me and 1 for my co worker who is only buying a couple of MM for this movie.

Sorry you didn't have luck with Catwoman or Alfred yet. I gotta say, it's nice to be done stalking toy aisles until I hear Blake and (hopefully) Ra's start arriving.

I've been everywhere looking for Catwoman. Barnes, Target, TRU, Wal-Mart, K-Mart, everywhere. Every couple of days. My stores never received any. I've been present for the unpacking of several fresh cases of MMs, and none have ever included so much as a single Catwoman. Both my local and a neighboring Barnes even told me that they didn't even have a UPC for her in their computers, only for Batman, Bane, and Alfred.
I guess I'll just head to eBay and get it over with. I'd have saved the difference in gas money by now anyway.

I've been everywhere looking for Catwoman. Barnes, Target, TRU, Wal-Mart, K-Mart, everywhere. Every couple of days. My stores never received any. I've been present for the unpacking of several fresh cases of MMs, and none have ever included so much as a single Catwoman. Both my local and a neighboring Barnes even told me that they didn't even have a UPC for her in their computers, only for Batman, Bane, and Alfred.
I guess I'll just head to eBay and get it over with. I'd have saved the difference in gas money by now anyway.

yeah i had to resort to ebay myself for my catwoman, i got lucky with mine , dint pay too much... sucks that not everyone is carrying her, but when wave 2 hits, she will start to show up at every store...

Congrats, bro. :hi5: I found Gordon a few weeks ago and then found Catwoman at TRU last week. Got another Cat this week at Barnes and Nizzles. Both googles up. I kept one NIB in case I find a googles down version so I can exchange it for that one. So far, no luck with googles down. Got a week left before the refund expires. :pray:
thank man:hi5:

good luck with the goggles down Catwoman. I fear that's the varient one so it's goign to be tougher to find.

I'm just in for the gogles up

Found Gordon the other night at Wally World also :hi5: I was so sick of Wal Mart employees giving me the "just stop talking to me I'm stoned" look when I would ask. I saw the box labelled Movie Masters so I just opened the box and grabbed the 2 in the case. 1 for me and 1 for my co worker who is only buying a couple of MM for this movie.

Sorry you didn't have luck with Catwoman or Alfred yet. I gotta say, it's nice to be done stalking toy aisles until I hear Blake and (hopefully) Ra's start arriving.

Man case fresh is always nice. it almost feels like it was opened upo just for you :lol

I don't mind the wait though. I'm sure in a week or 2 Catwoman and Alfred will be everywhere, just like when it was tough to find the Joker in the beginning then stores had tons that they didn't know what to do with besides put on clearence

but yea man I bet it must feel good to have the hunt over with now until it's time for blake and the "mystery" character

yeah i had to resort to ebay myself for my catwoman, i got lucky with mine , dint pay too much... sucks that not everyone is carrying her, but when wave 2 hits, she will start to show up at every store...

:lecture:exactly:

thank man:hi5:

good luck with the goggles down Catwoman. I fear that's the varient one so it's goign to be tougher to find.

I'm just in for the gogles up

:

yeah the goggles down catwoman is the variant , and overall looks better then the normal release, but i will have to pic the up ver when it hits mass... you know to display with one of my 3 other dark knight suited batman

Back