Dark Knight Rises Movie Masters review and discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Dark Knight Rises Movie Masters Bane, Batman, Alfred, catwoman review

There is a variant Bane without the coat.

tdkrbanemattel-1329105433.jpg

Also a Batman Vs. Bane 2-Pack at TRU:

Dark-Knight-Movie-Masters-Batman-VS-Bane-2-Pack-01_1338080897.jpg

Last edited:

WM Exclusive Movie Masters Gordon ...

Picture16-1.jpg

The darker coat looks better than the TDK tan one.

EDIT ... rumor is that this one comes with an axe and a shattered batsignal.

SnakeDoc

Last edited:
Figure 6 is absolutely confirmed as you-know-who. The list of all 6 leaked months ago with accurate UPCs.

WM Exclusive Movie Masters Gordon ...

Picture16-1.jpg

The darker coat looks better than the TDK tan one.

EDIT ... rumor is that this one comes with an axe and a shattered batsignal.

SnakeDoc

I need this. :panic:

I'll prolly get Bane.

Still don't get why Mr. "Keep It Real" Nolan has Catwoman in hooker heels.

And am I the only one getting a Cobra CrocMaster vibe from Bane?

Still don't get why Mr. "Keep It Real" Nolan has Catwoman in hooker heels.

And am I the only one getting a Cobra CrocMaster vibe from Bane?

Apparently, the heels are melee weapons ...

the-dark-knight-rises-catwoman-poster-1.jpg

... they're metal, sharpened and serrated. Functional, if not terribly practical, I guess.

Catwoman has never been all that practical a character anyway. Slinky and seductive is part of the character ... which isn't a particularly practical trait for a tactical situation.

Catwoman's boot heels are no less believable than a skinless-and-bandageless Two Face roaming Gotham without being rendered catatonic by the pain, or dying from a staph infection.

Nolan's Gotham is supposed to be a more realistic take -- psychologically and technologically. Not necessarily a perfectly realistic world ... just a more realistic interpretation. You've still got to make allowances for a vigilante dressed as a bat, a cat-burglar dressed like a stripper, a 'roided up revolutionary with a gas mask, a half-faced man on a rampage, a scarred murderous clown with no traceable identity who appears and disappears at will, a psychologist with a weaponized powder that renders people permanently insane ... etc.

SnakeDoc

Last edited:

Excellent post SnakeDoctor. You took the time to say what I was too lazy to. :)

That "Bane without the coat" is the 4" figure :lol

Is that not Movie Master batman next to him?

tdkrbatmanbanemainmattel.jpg

MAT14435.jpg

Last edited:

Apparently, the heels are melee weapons ...

the-dark-knight-rises-catwoman-poster-1.jpg

... they're metal, sharpened and serrated. Functional, if not terribly practical, I guess.

Catwoman has never been all that practical a character anyway. Slinky and seductive is part of the character ... which isn't a particularly practical trait for a tactical situation.

Catwoman's boot heels are no less believable than a skinless-and-bandageless Two Face roaming Gotham without being rendered catatonic by the pain, or dying from a staph infection.

Nolan's Gotham is supposed to be a more realistic take -- psychologically and technologically. Not necessarily a perfectly realistic world ... just a more realistic interpretation. You've still got to make allowances for a vigilante dressed as a bat, a cat-burglar dressed like a stripper, a 'roided up revolutionary with a gas mask, a half-faced man on a rampage, a scarred murderous clown with no traceable identity who appears and disappears at will, a psychologist with a weaponized powder that renders people permanently insane ... etc.

SnakeDoc

1. Just a joke. Settle down.
2. Most of the others stretches of credibility I would argue are baked into the Batcake. Can't have a TwoFace without the tissue damage. The heels are completely unnecessary, even as weapons or tools.

Is that not Movie Master batman next to him?

tdkrbatmanbanemainmattel.jpg

MAT14435.jpg

It is, but in the magic world of photoshop and that fantastic white background, a 4" figure and be the same size as a 6" figure. There's got to be a _____ joke in there somewhere :lol

As of right now there is NO sleevless Bane in a vest Movie Masters figure. Only the carded coated version and the shirtless version in the 2 pack.

2. Most of the others stretches of credibility I would argue are baked into the Batcake. Can't have a TwoFace without the tissue damage. The heels are completely unnecessary, even as weapons or tools.

Your first point is completely invalidated by your second point. :p

(1) Who's unsettled? You asked a question. I answered. No worries.
(2) So what? Maybe Selina Kyle just likes sexy boots ... damn the practicality. Maybe she'd rather adapt spike heels into melee weapons than risk wearing unflattering shoes. A woman making an impractical sexy shoe choice is hardly a major strain of credibility. My wife does it all the time. Heh.

Like I said, it isn't supposed to be absolutely realistic. Its just supposed to be more realistic than your average superhero story. Nolan's Gotham is not without its stretches of plausibility. Ras had a machine that instantly vaporized the entire water supply of a major city -- physically impossible. Joker escaped unnoticed in a schoolbus that was crashed into the side of a building in broad daylight -- implausible, at best. Rachael and Bruce survived a fall from a 30-story building (conservatively) -- which crushed a car -- without a scratch. They'd have been pulverized. These implausibilities are not "baked into the Batcake" (maybe the most ridiculous expression I've ever quoted).

Two Face needs to be scarred for the character to work. He need not be that freshly wounded. He had healed-up (as best he could) in every other incarnation I can think of. That the TDK version was functional, rather than writhing in pain, with that fresh a wound is a strain of credibility. If you can overlook that ... you can overlook Catwoman's boots. Hell ... if you want to have a problem with the costume, the fact that her hair and most of her face is exposed, yet she maintains a secret identity, is a bigger issue than her shoes. And ... even that doesn't bother me a lick.

Ask not what sexy boots do for Selina Kyle ... simply enjoy what they do for you.

SnakeDoc

Last edited:

The TDKR WalMart exclusive Gordon does come with an axe and smashed batsignal lens ...

Picture17.png

SnakeDoc

Last edited by a moderator:

the coatless bane is actually the yet to be revealed 10 inch line bane , well its revealed due to a mistake in promos, and there will also be a 10 inch batman obviously.

as for figure 6 its ras , a listing mistake was made public ( cant remember where) and that gordon is an out of line figure so its not the number 6 mysterious figure.
all 6 are to be mass released, some might know this but some dont and might assume that gordon is the unknown figure 6 in the line

The TDKR WalMart exclusive Gordon does come with an axe and smashed batsignal lens ...

Picture17.png

SnakeDoc

That's awesome.

I went to three Wal-Marts tonight. No luck finding the exclusive Gordon. Two of the Wal-Marts didn't even have pegs cleared for the Movie Masters yet, let alone any for sale. Ridiculous.

Last edited by a moderator:

Keep in mind Gordon only comes with the smashed LENS, not a whole Bat Signal. You'll have to pick up the other 5 MM figures to create the whole Signal.

Back