Dark Knight Headsculpt Set From Chris Howes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
VERY tempted to get a licky Joker now. But I only have the DCD Joker... Is there a way to get this head modified to fit the DCD body? Or will it look out of scale since the DCD bodies are a little bigger than regular 1/6 scale?

I've never seen the DCD bodies in person but I understand they stand about 13" tall. If so, that would mean a head should be 1.75" from chin to scalp to conform to a more realistic 7.5 heads tall proportion.

This head is 1.6" chin to scalp so it fits a 12" body at 7.5 heads. I

t would result in an 8 heads proportion on a 13" body.

That proportion is not very realistic, but is considered "Heroic" scale. You will see this proportion in some comic book heroes, for example.

So, I can't vouch for it looking good, but it might be acceptable. Personal taste would dictate, I imagine.

The DCD head is already too small for the DCD body, so if you like how it looks, I imagine you wouldn't have a problem with how this would look. I say go for it! If you don't like it, I'm sure there will be someone on here later that would love to take it off your hands.

I don't mind the head size at all. It's just the neck joint I'm worried about.

:bow

You are a true master sculptor. I thought the Licky version might not look good unless the tounge was licking the side of his mouth, but boy was I wrong! You completely nailed it and it is definately very creepy and not goofy looking, which (to be honest) it really could have been. Awesome, awesome, awesome! I'm glad I'm getting both versions and both painted by Kuato :rock

:drool :monkey5

Thank you, my friend. I'm gratified that y'all seem to like him! I was worried I would miss the creepy mark and venture into goofy territory. I put a LOT of effort in trying to avoid that!

Chris,

Emailed you - need to "upgrade" my order to include licky Joker :)

Amazing work man. Really excited to see the rest of the gang (Gordon, Alfred, Fox, Two-Face) soon.

PG

Your first sentence scared me! :horror

I'm glad you like it.

LOL sorry bout that, its just I expected you to sculpt him with his tongue on the side. Its not really how I imagined it looking because I thought his tongue being in the front would make it look silly so I thought youd go for the side but you nailed it. I have no idea what im gonna do now, I love the licky head but need a stern head.

How much longer are you keeping the special price? You said once this is sculpted but im wondering if you might wait for Kuato to paint it or something like that. Im trying to convince myself I need a licky Joker lol

What does the joint look like? Can you take a photo of it with a ruler or calipers to give me an idea of size?

I'm new to all this so I'm not sure of the proper lingo but it's a ball joint on a neck post. I'm assuming for your head to work that the neck on your beautiful sculpt would pretty much have to cut off at the jaw line. Or I'd have to cut the neck off of the DCD body and fasten yours on in a fixed position.

Thank you, my friend. I'm gratified that y'all seem to like him! I was worried I would miss the creepy mark and venture into goofy territory. I put a LOT of effort in trying to avoid that!

And it shows! You pulled it off, no doubts about it. It could have ended up goofy, but you did in fact make it creepy :rock

Absolutely amazing job Chris!

Payment for my order has just been sent to your Paypal account.

I look forward to seeing what you have for us next!

I know you probably got my email already Chris but just to mention it here...WOW!WOW!WOW!, I can't wait to paint this puppy up.

Chris

Licky Joker turned out AWESOME! Another great sculpt. I really like how you modified the facial features to match the licky action.

Another amazing sculpt, no way to chose between the two jokers so I'll just have to upgrade my order to all 3 heads. Amazing job on all of them.

Hey Chris awesome job on the Licky Joker :) I want to go ahead and go the the licky version :) Also, I will need the neck modified for the HT truetype body. I'll be sending payment for the neck mod tomorrow ;)

Damn Chris, that's awesome!

Problem is though, i'll be using it with a heavily modified DCD Joker and I dont know what body i'll be using...

Put me down for the 2 Jokers anyway, unmodified necks (thats sideshow-style am I right?). They're just too cool!

I'm away for most of the day so could you PM me shipping prices to the UK.
I'll hopefully sent payment by tomorrow!

Damn Chris, that's awesome!

Problem is though, i'll be using it with a heavily modified DCD Joker and I dont know what body i'll be using...

Put me down for the 2 Jokers anyway, unmodified necks (thats sideshow-style am I right?). They're just too cool!

I'm away for most of the day so could you PM me shipping prices to the UK.
I'll hopefully sent payment by tomorrow!

Hi!
The necks are the right size for Hot Toys small neck joint but need to be hollowed out so the joint post can fit into the neck. You can do that or I can for $5.00 per head. Not sure, is HT neck joint compatible with Sideshow body?

Too tired to think! Good night...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back