Dark Knight Headsculpt Set From Chris Howes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone quickly explain what the difference is between using a HT body with a neck adaptor/plug that is more V-shaped, using the more U-shaped one, or not using one at all?

Chris, which of these is your head designed for?

Thanks!

I'm using the first neck joint. That's the one that comes with the current HT Truetype body. I've not seen the second type before.

If you don't use the commercially available neck joint, you'll need to rig one yourself by hand to fit your body. epoxy putty would be an option.

The HT small neck joint seems to be the best choice because it fits a number of bodies without modification.

can't wait to see the licking version. Great work so far. Feel like slicking back Bale's hair and making a sterner look for a Cleric John Preston,from Equilibrium, figure? ;)

Hey Chris,

Go ahead and put me down for an unpainted set of all three, with drill work done on the stern Joker for the Hot Toys Body (not sure what body I'll use for the others just yet). I'll be sending the money via paypal at lunch this afternoon. I think I got it right; $55 for the 2 different Joker's & 1 Bale + $5 for shipping + $5 for stern Joker neck work= $65 total.

Have a great day!

Licky Joker ... licky Joker ... licky Joker !!!

How about a licky monkey instead? :monkey5

Nope, that didn't do it. Licky Joker ... licky Joker ... licky Joker !!!

:banana

Can hardly wait to see licky Joker!! :chew

l_a6e7c1761d5ab8f537bfb61ea823a62d.gif

Ah nuts, I think I need both my heads modified for the HT body. Can you tag those on, Chris? Do I owe you another $10 for that?

PM and payment sent for the Bale and Ledger Joker hs. Awesome stuff! Keep up the great work! Also sent payment to Chris C. for the paint work. Details in the PM. Thanks!

I'm using the first neck joint. That's the one that comes with the current HT Truetype body. I've not seen the second type before.

If you don't use the commercially available neck joint, you'll need to rig one yourself by hand to fit your body. epoxy putty would be an option.

The HT small neck joint seems to be the best choice because it fits a number of bodies without modification.

OK I'll get that first V shaped joint. Since you are working off that it wouldn't require a modification will it?

:banana

Can hardly wait to see licky Joker!! :chew

l_a6e7c1761d5ab8f537bfb61ea823a62d.gif

Chris, get the licky head to do this!!! :lol :lol :lol :lol

You said 'creepy' and this creeped me out when I saw it. I guess I used it again so it could creep us all out a little. Kind of like watching the car crash over and over and over again ... you don't want to watch, but you can't turn away. :horror

Hey Chris, Just curious about the first Joker head sculpt, can you tell us if these are 100% done and in Kuato hands now?? I'm just trying to contain myself here i guess, anyways, since everyone is doing this i guess I'll put mine in as well.....:monkey5:monkey5

A note about the neck adapters: either of the adapters shown will work with a TrueType body. The "full neck" adapter that comes with the figure is quite U-shaped in fact; there's plenty of room in the body's neck cavity. The main differences among loose adapters is in the top portion. Some come with tabs that match up to the slots found inside Dragon heads. With any custom head, you're probably better off looking for the narrowest assembly at the top (so you can be sure it will fit without having to widen the hole in the neck to fit over it), and just secure the head to the adapter with a dollop of hot glue.

:lecture

LOL Jack, thank you
To answer your question Calvarenga, I don't have any of your guys sculpts yet on the 1st version of Joker. I believe Chris is waiting to finish up the Licky version this way he can send everything at once, since he's sending quite a few my way now, also to give a chance to those who havent' decided which one to take. However once his prices go up on the sculpts the paint apps prices will go up too for those who miss out and will rise up to $35 plus $5 but that won't happen until after he reveals the Licky Joker. I'm really anticipating the sculpt as well, Its gonna look lifelike with the tongue sticking out :)

Is it time? Yes....yes it is.......

He creeps me out. I think that's a good sign.

I awoke in the middle of the night to my cat vigorously LICKING my beard... COINCIDENCE!?! I think not...Of course, it could have been due to remnants the salami sandwich I ate before bed....

Anyway, I just need to retexture his skin, clean his new hairdo and take some photos.

I am casting Joker 1 and Bruce Wayne currently, when everyone has a good look at Licky and makes final decisions and sends in payments (those who haven't already, that is) I'll start shipping them out. All the painted copies will be going to Kuato in one or two shipments.

Is it time? Yes....yes it is.......

He creeps me out. I think that's a good sign.

I awoke in the middle of the night to my cat vigorously LICKING my beard... COINCIDENCE!?! I think not...Of course, it could have been due to remnants the salami sandwich I ate before bed....

Anyway, I just need to retexture his skin, clean his new hairdo and take some photos.

I am casting Joker 1 and Bruce Wayne currently, when everyone has a good look at Licky and makes final decisions and sends in payments (those who haven't already, that is) I'll start shipping them out. All the painted copies will be going to Kuato in one or two shipments.

So tonight then? :monkey5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back