Daredevil the Netflix series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image.jpg

Marvel got this backwards. Frank Grillo was the perfect Frank Castle and Bernthal would have made a great Crossbones.

Oh well, I'll still enjoy Bernthal as Frank.

Ya Grillo would've been the perfect Jim Lee Punisher. Oddly enough his Hydra partner, Callan Mulvey, would've made a good Zeck Punisher.

Ya Grillo would've been the perfect Jim Lee Punisher. Oddly enough his Hydra partner, Callan Mulvey, would've made a good Zeck Punisher.

PURGE: ANARCHY is essentially an unofficial Punisher movie. I was sitting there in the theater loving every minute of it - mainly because of how much Grillo oozed Frank Castle. He's also the perfect age and race since Frank's supposed to be 50 in the Garth Ennis run, which is for me the definitive run for the character.

2d18y7p.gif

2qmqnuo.gif

5x8yux.gif

At least we're getting more unofficial Punisher in Purge 3.

I don't buy into his head being the Punisher 100%. :lol

Maybe like a Saturday Night Fever guido version. :lol

I'm sure he will be awesome and get the job done.

Fixed.
I wonder too, the guy is only 46 and loves the character.

Jane was always my top choice. But he was never an option. Even after Dirty Laundry, Feige had absolutely no interest in him. Then I watched Grillo in PURGE: ANARCHY and he became my top choice.

Dolph and Stevenson were just terribly miscast. A Swede and an Irishman with bad dye jobs. Just no.

I'll take Bernthal over Dolph and Stevenson any day.

I'm still geeking over this casting.

Marvel's top notch at casting, but this is one of my favorites.

Acting wise he should be fine. Doesn't have the Punsher look though.

I was worried about height but he's 5'10 which isn't too bad. Bulk him up and add body armor, he'll look wicked.

At that height, he should be able to take on Hardy Bane and not much else.

Back