Daredevil Born Again (Disney+) - Spring 2024

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Loki is great but everything else is terrible. Glad they're going this route, the original premise sounded like it would Rian Johnson the fanbase.
Nobody likes getting Johnson-ed. Loki ... had potential and I don't remember hating it, but the problem is now I don't remember it at all. I don't even like the direction Daredevil went in the end, but I remember *that* series. That's gotta mean something at the end of the day, in terms of narrative staying power.

Marvel seems to be taking the Pixar approach the only problem is that Pixar just puts in up In a room the storyboards whereas Marvel shoot the whole d**n thing and then put that up on a board and try to make sense of it. Umm, that’s not how filmmaking works.

I think the red flag was shown during wanda vision. We all thought they were doing something great with making Disney plus shows actually canon with the mcu with mcu characters unlike the netflix shows and agents of shield sadly those shows flowed better even though they never felt a part of the mcu

I can't even imagine how bad this was for them to clean house and start over when the series was half finished.

Especially considering the financial duress Disney is in and they felt shows like She-Hulk would be well received. :slap

I can't imagine them ever actually releasing Echo and Iron Heart. :lol

Or Agatha. Seriously what happened to the marvel from 08-2019? They didn’t have there characters but they still gave us stuff we wanted to see. Fast forward to today, they have mutants back and Spider-Man sorta and the FF but would rather put out crap like Agatha cause the song was catchy. Huh? Then they delay blade and ff and daredevil. They just really thought the train wouldn’t slow down and they could put out anything and people would watch it. Who the hell cares about Agatha? I’m tired of these z listers lol

From the Hollywood Reporter article:
“It didn’t take long to see the problem after Marvel Studios’ Daredevil: Born Again paused production in mid-June during the writers strike. Fewer than half of the series’ 18 episodes had been shot, but it was enough for Marvel executives, including chief Kevin Feige, to review the footage and come away with a clear-eyed assessment: The show wasn’t working.

Streaming services were thought as a perpetual money machine for a while. All it took was Netflix having one bad quarter to make everyone else draw the curtains and tighten up their ships.

Now the streamers (e.g. Diz+ & Max) are backpedaling towards traditional television production structures and it looks like Daredevil: BA will end up an example of that re-engineering. I don't know if that will revise Netflix's algorithmic movie mold, but it seems that Diz+ is at least cognizant that things could be better with BA (especially after Secret Invasion).

Streaming services were thought as a perpetual money machine for a while. All it took was Netflix having one bad quarter to make everyone else draw the curtains and tighten up their ships.

Now the streamers (e.g. Diz+ & Max) are backpedaling towards traditional television production structures and it looks like Daredevil: BA will end up an example of that re-engineering. I don't know if that will revise Netflix's algorithmic movie mold, but it seems that Diz+ is at least cognizant that things could be better with BA (especially after Secret Invasion).
What’s funny is they are pushing their attention towards the wrong problem as always. They think people do t wanna watch streaming but that’s not the case.
Netflix pumps out crappy shows, cancels fast, cracked down on password sharing and made the subscription higher. That’s a huge reason why so many left. It wasn’t because streaming wasn’t what people wanted. And Disney is doing stupid stuff too. 10 dollars a month for Disney plus is insane and waiting on some shows to do an episode once a week is silly. Might as well go back to cable

What’s funny is they are pushing their attention towards the wrong problem as always. They think people do t wanna watch streaming but that’s not the case.
Netflix pumps out crappy shows, cancels fast, cracked down on password sharing and made the subscription higher. That’s a huge reason why so many left. It wasn’t because streaming wasn’t what people wanted. And Disney is doing stupid stuff too. 10 dollars a month for Disney plus is insane and waiting on some shows to do an episode once a week is silly. Might as well go back to cable
RDT_20231011_1937166621043466970311289.jpg

Back