Daredevil Born Again (Disney+) - Spring 2024

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know people loved this version of Kingpin in the DD Netflix series. But I never really took to him as much. Visually, other than size, D'Onofrio looked spot on. But I wasn't a fan of a Kingpin that talked and acted like he's on the spectrum.

And don't even get me started on the Into The Spider-Verse interpretation... :lol

Looks like they ditched the giant shoulders from Hawkeye and brought Fisk down to Earth again.

Haha peculiarly enough, my favorite look for KP was his first appearance in Hawkeye :lol

izAUGa3.jpg

So is this show continuing on from the Netflix series, or is it rebooting it with some of the same cast?

I mean it might. You guys haven’t really liked anything Disney plus has put out accept andor.

Eye opening article but completely not surprising. We all knew post Endgame was mostly rubbish but the article really hits home exactly what the problems are, complete and utter lack of consistent creative vision. The article doesn’t really go into the movies but I think can be applied there as well. I just can’t figure how they shot something like half of this show and have just now decided it’s all wrong. Staggering.

Loki is great but everything else is terrible. Glad they're going this route, the original premise sounded like it would Rian Johnson the fanbase.

Red flags as read in the article:

• "It didn’t hire showrunners, but instead depended on film executives to run its series." -- what could possibly go wrong? Not that a showrunner is any guarantee either, to be fair.
  • "... the company does not have a writers-first approach to TV ... " -- LOL it shows, people. It shows. 😬
  • " ... directors could feel short-changed as well. “The whole ‘fix it in post’ attitude makes it feel like a director doesn’t matter sometimes,” says one person familiar with the process." -- "Fix it in post" is literally a joke on film sets, and they live by it? :LOL:

"Marvel wants to create shows that run several seasons, where characters can take time to develop relationships with the audience rather than feeling as if they are there as a setup for a big crossover event."

I wonder if it's too late? I suppose if the content is good, viewers will come back. I know I would, but right now I just don't care. I don't even know everything I've missed since I gave up.

Back